Author Topic: Teenagers  (Read 1259 times)

Offline Big Red

• Arena
Teenagers
« on: March 15, 2023, 07:16:38 PM »
TEENAGERS ARE BUTTHOLES

Jesus. I love my fiancé, I love her kids. I've been (soon to be) step-dad to them for 5 years. The oldest is now 13, the youngest right behind. Teenagers are :censored: awful.
2010 C14, Shoodaben Engineering MRP Flash, Delkevic slip-on, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, highway pegs, tail tidy, AST peg lowering brackets, LED switchbacks all the way around, Bright2Wheels tail light, StompGrips, custom seat, 2015 C14 vented and blacked out windshield, Dunlop RS3s, and a Fat Ninja hat.

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
Re: Teenagers
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2023, 03:35:21 AM »
Yer not wrong, but remember that once upon a time we were all teenagers and we were buttholes too. 
I know I was and my Mum is still around to remind me of it.  ;D
What goes around, comes around  :rotflmao:

I assume you are getting the whole sulky, uncommunicative, "you just don't get it!" treatment then?  ::)
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2023, 05:45:14 AM »
"But everybody else is doing it"
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2023, 09:30:28 AM »
I don't remember being this bad, but karma is real.

I'm getting the snarky, argumentative, attitude filled replies for everything.
2010 C14, Shoodaben Engineering MRP Flash, Delkevic slip-on, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, highway pegs, tail tidy, AST peg lowering brackets, LED switchbacks all the way around, Bright2Wheels tail light, StompGrips, custom seat, 2015 C14 vented and blacked out windshield, Dunlop RS3s, and a Fat Ninja hat.

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2023, 02:37:58 AM »
I don't remember being this bad, but karma is real.

I'm getting the snarky, argumentative, attitude filled replies for everything.
Back in my day it was different as if I got snarky/argumentative I got punishment detail (ex-military father). I still hate gardening to this day.
On a few occasions I pushed my luck and found out that the military also used corporal punishment. After that I learned to get sneaky.

Puberty is such a weird thing. One minute they are mostly happy, caring, energetic little people, then the next they are mostly lazy, uncaring, mouthy, difficult, and downright unpleasant people.
They will learn to be human beings in a few years if you set the right example, but in the meantime you are in for a real rollercoaster ride.  :rotflmao:
Even harder as a step-Dad. You have my sympathies.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2023, 09:50:01 AM »
My wife teaches at the local Vocational school, mostly EMS and public safety kids. Most are ok, a few are terrible. As always, sadly, the few try to dictate how things go during class, there are patterns as to who acts up but public decorum here prevents my saying who. To make a long story short, she is done, finished and won't be going back as the pay is not worth the hassle and BS and liability. It's really bad folks, we are in trouble.

All of us were teens at one time. I remember bringing home my first Black Sabbath album. I will agree though that this batch seems to be a bit different. It should be no surprise to us at all.

Be yourself. Don't compromise. Be fair and equal. Good luck.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline greenie

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2023, 04:11:22 AM »
"Youth, is the most beautiful thing in this world—and what a pity that it has to be wasted on children!" George Bernard Shaw

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2023, 08:04:14 AM »
Watching our daughter and her husband’s foster kids is an experience in itself. They seem to know they can get away with even more.
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2023, 11:26:09 AM »
I love the little jerks. This weeks journey will be trying to get him to finish his math class. I think he may be allergic to work.