Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 726648 times)

Offline Sgt Mac

Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #2360 on: March 31, 2016, 04:28:26 PM »
Can we go back to Scotch (whisky) now?

Either that or Jameson's. I'm good either way.

Bushmills

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2361 on: April 01, 2016, 06:22:49 AM »
Can we go back to Scotch (whisky) now?

Either that or Jameson's. I'm good either way.

How about Laphroaig 18. I love the smoky aroma. But now this thread is about something. Can't have that.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2362 on: April 01, 2016, 12:26:40 PM »
Quite.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2363 on: April 27, 2016, 03:23:34 PM »
Surprise!

Another Illinois politician on his way to prison.

POS     >:(

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/27/politics/dennis-hastert-sentencing/index.html

(CNN) — Former House Speaker Dennis Hastert on Wednesday was sentenced to 15 months in prison and ordered to pay $250,000 to a victims' fund in a hush money case that revealed he was being accused of sexually abusing young boys as a teacher in Illinois.

He was also sentenced to two years of supervised release once he finishes his prison term.

For the first time, Hastert, 74, admitted to Judge Thomas M. Durkin in open court that he abused at least one boy.

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2364 on: April 27, 2016, 04:22:30 PM »
Ill-inois politicians retirement system.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2365 on: April 28, 2016, 06:33:59 AM »
71 years ago on this day, April 28, Benito Mussolini was shot by Italian partisans at the Swiss boarder.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2366 on: April 28, 2016, 06:49:45 AM »
71 years ago on this day, April 28, Benito Mussolini was shot by Italian partisans at the Swiss boarder.

Do you think Donaldo Trumpilini will make it past the Berniacs at the Indiana border?

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2367 on: April 28, 2016, 08:07:07 AM »
Not commenting, don't want the sword to fall again.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2368 on: April 28, 2016, 08:18:05 AM »
 :)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2369 on: May 12, 2016, 05:24:10 AM »
My wife and I went camping over this past weekend. As we were relaxing and enjoying an adult beverage or three a young couple took a campsite near us. They proceeded to set-up their tent while their 2 year old son ran around exploring. Once the tent was done they called to their son to come and check it out. They called but no answer. Then the calls turned into shouts and panic set in. The boy was nowhere to be seen! My wife and I joined the search. At this point the parents were in FULL panic mode and frantic. I asked if anyone had checked inside of the tent to see if the boy was hiding or taking a nap? 'Of course we checked the tent' they said. What about the truck I asked? No way he's in there they said. More searching with no results. As the mom was about to call 911 the dad checked the truck at last. The boy had crawled into the back and was asleep in his car seat.   :)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2370 on: May 12, 2016, 07:03:54 AM »
Free range children.....  I was a free range child but I lived on AF bases.  Safest places in the world unless nuclear attacked.  Occasionally I would escape to the great out yonder by climbing over or through the fences.  I'd always come back when I was hungry, though.  The APs didn't have any trouble returning me as well.   Ah, the good ole days...sigh.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2371 on: May 12, 2016, 07:18:19 AM »
Grew up in the country miles outside a town of 1500. Had about a twenty mile range we'd play in. The townies not so much. Range expanded exponentially when I turned 16.

Offline Hooligan

• never assume, get the facts
« Reply #2372 on: May 12, 2016, 07:21:53 AM »
Loved growing up in the country. Largest town I lived in until aged 13, had a population of about 600 people. Then moved to a larger town with about 30 000 people and now living in the city. Unfortunately my kids wont have the freedom that I had as a kid. The telephone system we used, was still the lever swinging type, where you had to ask an operator to patch you through to another number, and every 3 minutes she'd log into your call and tell you how long you've been on  the phone already.

Rules while growing up were:

1 Kids should be heard playing outside, not be seen in the company of grown-ups.
2 When the street light come on at night, your arse better be home.

We used to throw clay missiles with stick, ride our bicycles all over town, get bust stealing the neighbour's fruit off the trees, going bass fishing in the towns' dams and just generally getting up to mischief. Nowadays its smartphones, tablets, internet, X-box or Play station, satellite TV, and F@*k knows what else.
It is what it is....If not, it must be something else.
2012 K1600GT
2009 ZX14

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2373 on: May 12, 2016, 07:29:40 AM »
"    Nowadays its smartphones, tablets, internet, X-box or Play station, satellite TV, and F@*k knows what else.    "

Not just that but a whole lot of nasty evil people.

Offline Hooligan

• never assume, get the facts
« Reply #2374 on: May 12, 2016, 07:38:33 AM »
"    Nowadays its smartphones, tablets, internet, X-box or Play station, satellite TV, and F@*k knows what else.    "

Not just that but a whole lot of nasty evil people.

You can say that again, especially here in the RSA
It is what it is....If not, it must be something else.
2012 K1600GT
2009 ZX14

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #2375 on: June 10, 2016, 08:29:49 AM »
Next thing they'll be outlawing large sized pops.

There has been a lot more study on this than I would have imagined.

http://www.popvssoda.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HLYe31MBrg&feature=youtu.be

For a short while as a child I lived just outside St. Louis (Granite City in Illinois). Having learned "pop" in Chicago I was a little out of step with the locals in that the
St. Louis area is a real stronghold for "soda". However, the kids I hung out with all said so-dee instead of so-dah so I'm not sure if that is the way
it is said in that whole area, or just the way the ignorant kids I hung out with said it.

Looking at the map, it is interesting in the differences between Tulsa (pop) and Oklahoma City (Coke) areas, I'm sure the differences between those two cities is another whole study in itself.

Notice all that "other" in Virginia and North Carolina...is that Cheerwine?  ???

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2376 on: June 10, 2016, 08:44:16 AM »
Growing up halfway between St Louis and Chitcago we called it sodapop.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2377 on: June 10, 2016, 08:49:33 AM »
And speaking of the Brilliant Minds running Oklahoma, there's this.....

http://www.news9.com/story/32168555/ohp-uses-new-device-to-seize-money-used-during-the-commission-of-a-crime

OKLAHOMA CITY - You may have heard of civil asset forfeiture. 
That's where police can seize property and cash without first proving a person committed a crime; without a warrant and without arresting them, as long as they suspect that the property is somehow tied to a crime.

Now, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol has a device that also allows them to seize money on prepaid cards.

It's called an ERAD, or Electronic Recovery and Access to Data machine, and OHP began using 16 of them last month. 

Here's how it works. If a trooper suspects a person may have money tied to some type of crime, the highway patrol can scan and seize money from prepaid cards.  OHP stresses troopers do not do this during all traffic stops, only situations where they believe there is probable cause.

And the real pisser is.....

News 9 obtained a copy of the contract with the state.

It shows the state is paying ERAD Group Inc., $5,000 for the software and scanners, then 7.7 percent of all the cash forfeited through the courts to the highway patrol. 

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2378 on: June 10, 2016, 10:12:08 AM »
And speaking of the Brilliant Minds running Oklahoma, there's this.....

http://www.news9.com/story/32168555/ohp-uses-new-device-to-seize-money-used-during-the-commission-of-a-crime

OKLAHOMA CITY - You may have heard of civil asset forfeiture. 
That's where police can seize property and cash without first proving a person committed a crime; without a warrant and without arresting them, as long as they suspect that the property is somehow tied to a crime.

Now, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol has a device that also allows them to seize money on prepaid cards.

It's called an ERAD, or Electronic Recovery and Access to Data machine, and OHP began using 16 of them last month. 

Here's how it works. If a trooper suspects a person may have money tied to some type of crime, the highway patrol can scan and seize money from prepaid cards.  OHP stresses troopers do not do this during all traffic stops, only situations where they believe there is probable cause.

And the real pisser is.....

News 9 obtained a copy of the contract with the state.

It shows the state is paying ERAD Group Inc., $5,000 for the software and scanners, then 7.7 percent of all the cash forfeited through the courts to the highway patrol.

Brilliant!

Maybe ILLinois needs to start doing this. It could solve the budget crisis. Either that or we need to trash all of our politicians and legalize weed.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2379 on: June 10, 2016, 10:42:10 AM »
Not in the arena... must resist... or sword might fall.