Author Topic: Who said it?  (Read 3227 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Who said it?
« on: March 05, 2016, 06:08:41 AM »
Who Said It: Donald Trump or Bill the Butcher from “Gangs of New York”?
August 30, 2015/in Originals, Politics, Pop /by Josiah Madigan

1. “You see this knife? I’m gonna teach you to speak English with this fucking knife!”

2. “I have a great relationship with the blacks. I’ve always had a great relationship with the blacks”

3. “What a great honor it must be for you to honor me tonight.”

4. “We are met at this chosen ground, to settle for good and all who holds sway… us natives, born rightwise to this fine land, or the foreign hordes defiling it.”

5. “I’m going to get rid of the bad ones fast. And I’m going to send them back. And we’re not going to be putting them in prisons here, and pay for them for the next 40 years. We’re going to send them back where they came from.”

6. “When I’m attacked, in a strange way, so is New York.”

7. “I’m New York… don’t you never come in here empty handed again, you gotta pay for the pleasure of my company.”

8. “I understand the Chinese mind.”

9. “A real native is someone who is willing to die fighting for his country. There’s nothing more to it.”

10. “I don’t have a racist bone in my body.”

11. “That must be a pretty picture, you dropping to your knees.”

12. “If only I had the guns… I’d shoot each and every one of them before they set foot on American soil.”

13. “Show me someone without an ego, and I’ll show you a loser.”

14 “Civilization is crumbling.”

15. “I play to people’s fantasies.”

16. “We go in church and I drink the little wine, which is about the only wine I drink, and I eat the little cracker.”

17. “People are so shocked when they find out I am Protestant. I am Presbyterian. And I go to church and I love God and I love my church.”

18. “Now that you’ve had a taste of my mutton, how do you like it?”

19. “I hate musicals. Out of the blue people burst into songs.”

BtB: 1, 4, 7, 9, 12, 14, 18

DT: 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17

19 is actually Alf, that lovable scamp

http://nationallampoon.com/who-said-it-donald-trump-or-bill-the-butcher-from-gangs-of-new-york/

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
Re: Who said it?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 07:20:09 AM »
I got #11 and #19 wrong. My favorite was #3.  :)

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 11:56:55 AM »
Who Said It: Donald Trump or Bill the Butcher from “Gangs of New York”?
August 30, 2015/in Originals, Politics, Pop /by Josiah Madigan

1. “You see this knife? I’m gonna teach you to speak English with this fucking knife!”

2. “I have a great relationship with the blacks. I’ve always had a great relationship with the blacks”

3. “What a great honor it must be for you to honor me tonight.”

4. “We are met at this chosen ground, to settle for good and all who holds sway… us natives, born rightwise to this fine land, or the foreign hordes defiling it.”

5. “I’m going to get rid of the bad ones fast. And I’m going to send them back. And we’re not going to be putting them in prisons here, and pay for them for the next 40 years. We’re going to send them back where they came from.”

6. “When I’m attacked, in a strange way, so is New York.”

7. “I’m New York… don’t you never come in here empty handed again, you gotta pay for the pleasure of my company.”

8. “I understand the Chinese mind.”

9. “A real native is someone who is willing to die fighting for his country. There’s nothing more to it.”

10. “I don’t have a racist bone in my body.”

11. “That must be a pretty picture, you dropping to your knees.”

12. “If only I had the guns… I’d shoot each and every one of them before they set foot on American soil.”

13. “Show me someone without an ego, and I’ll show you a loser.”

14 “Civilization is crumbling.”

15. “I play to people’s fantasies.”

16. “We go in church and I drink the little wine, which is about the only wine I drink, and I eat the little cracker.”

17. “People are so shocked when they find out I am Protestant. I am Presbyterian. And I go to church and I love God and I love my church.”

18. “Now that you’ve had a taste of my mutton, how do you like it?”

19. “I hate musicals. Out of the blue people burst into songs.”

BtB: 1, 4, 7, 9, 12, 14, 18

DT: 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17

19 is actually Alf, that lovable scamp

http://nationallampoon.com/who-said-it-donald-trump-or-bill-the-butcher-from-gangs-of-new-york/

We are in for a really big problem if Trump is elected- we don't need a vulgar "entertainer in command" holding sway with people like him. I hope we are better than that. I'm not happy with the Clinton's back in the White House either- but I noticed that Bill doesn't smoke cigars anymore..

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 12:44:22 PM »
IMO, this election is less about who is running and more about being an indictment of what "the system" has become.

Thousands and thousands of politicians would LOVE to be Prez, or even have the opportunity to run for the position. The current crop of politicians have run us into the ground and will continue to do so, given the opportunity. On the other hand, the number of people with the name recognition AND the money AND the intestinal fortitude to embark on an endeavor of this magnitude is extremely small.

If one can't see that the system is broken, they simply refuse to look. It is like a slowly metastasising cancer. We have gotten complacent or it's possible that we have been beaten down for so long that we stopped caring. Until now.

Change is coming, and it likely won't be pretty. Most courses of treatment for cancer aren't, but they are necessary for survival. I say bring on the chemo, radiation, and surgery. F@%k cancer.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2016, 12:48:34 PM »
My apologies to the forum, I thought this was in the Arena. Moderators please don't hesitate to delete my post. Mea culpa.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2016, 02:22:45 PM »
 :)