Author Topic: Whats it worth?  (Read 1013 times)

Offline Jjc331

Whats it worth?
« on: August 17, 2021, 08:37:15 PM »
Ive got 2001 concours in pretty good shape 30000. Miles. What does a bike like that go for? Ive had it for 3 years and it sat because previous owner printed his name on the title where i was supposed to print my name and i just figured rhe nys dmv wouldnt accept it. I decide to finally fo and aee what they would say and they ended up registering and titling it in my name. Its rides great but when i wake up the next day after riding my back is killing. I race motocross and my back doesnt hurt from that. Go figure.

Offline DC Concours

• Arena
  • 2001 Concours, ~35K miles
Re: Whats it worth?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2021, 09:00:24 PM »
Look online to see your local prices. But $2500 would be on the high end if the bike is pristine. More like 1500 to 2000 for a good condition.

Offline m in sc

• Polluting Rockhill with 2 strokes for decades.
    • 2 stroke world
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2021, 05:17:57 PM »
get a bar adapter and fit regular tube bars .

but yeah, they arent worth anything really.
I break and fix stuff.  No more concours's in the stables. see you guys around...

Offline kkja13

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2021, 09:01:22 AM »
A set of bar risers really helped my back and shoulders.  They will raise the bars about 1.5" which was just enough for my comfort.
You can use all of the stock hoses and cables, although I had to reroute my throttle cables to get the needed slack.

Offline m in sc

• Polluting Rockhill with 2 strokes for decades.
    • 2 stroke world
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2021, 05:57:17 PM »
I break and fix stuff.  No more concours's in the stables. see you guys around...

Offline dboogie2288

• Beginnerbikers.org
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2021, 08:09:25 PM »
Yeah unfortunately, you never know until you get on it and ride. My goldwing....a bike that is notorious for being the most comfortable ever......is not pleasant for me to ride. My connie is far more comfy to me than the wing. However, the wing has 6 cylinders and can pull my timeout without halving the gas mileage....so it stays.

I've come to realization that I'll never sell the connie. It just isnt worth it. I paid 5500 for it in 2013 when I got her. Had 16k on it at that time, and I've just done ALL the customizations on it. Including a russel day long seat....so it's mine forever. You're not gonna get much out of it, much less with it being end of season. If you have room in the garage to store it, wait until next march or april, you'll get far more.