Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 728667 times)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #1720 on: August 26, 2014, 09:38:48 PM »
the only med I had to use was for the blood sugar, Metformin, one @ breakfast, one in evening, and my levels are steady @ 90. My diet controlled everything else...
I basically refused to take meds for all those tertiary issues I knew I could control with diet.
When I went into Docs for a followup she freaked out that I changed all that stuff with diet only, and now I am the model patiant... so to speak... 8)

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1721 on: August 27, 2014, 04:23:00 AM »
Man's best interest, or those in power?  Want complex?  Try figuring out coffee beans!!  http://www.sweetmarias.com/store/coffee-list/indonesia-and-asia/sumatra/sumatra-lintong-sijamapola.html

The Man, SOP, the Man. 
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #1722 on: August 27, 2014, 05:32:30 AM »
Want complex?  Try figuring out coffee beans!!  http://www.sweetmarias.com/store/coffee-list/indonesia-and-asia/sumatra/sumatra-lintong-sijamapola.html

So let me get this straight, there are all of these flavors in it but coffee isn't one of them?

Pine-like
Evergreen
Crème brûlée notes
Torched butter and sugar
Cumin spice
Pineapple juice
Papaya
Jackfruit
Date sugar
Brown rice syrup
Baker's cocoa
Basil
Tarragon

I like to add creamer to my coffee to get a little different flavor, but this?  The price seems fair though.

And congratulations on everyones improving health!
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1723 on: August 27, 2014, 08:31:37 AM »
in the last 60 days I have totally reversed my bad to good colesterol levels to "awesome", gotten control of type II diabetes, and my sugar is now @ or below perfect,  every test I had done (14 in total) that had my doctor lecturing me has been verified to be perfect currently, I've lost 40 pounds.... :o
 all thru one medication and simple correct diet...
I deserve cheesy donut burger :'( :'(

OK, I won't be posting anymore cheesy donut burger pictures. Don't want to be responsible for you going off your diet. Congrats on losing 40 lbs!

Son of Pappy

« Reply #1724 on: August 27, 2014, 10:03:27 AM »

Offline Rhino

• Arena

Offline Conrad

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1727 on: September 04, 2014, 02:36:24 PM »
So I picked up a new strop (actually a pre- strop) the other day- a Japanese made, canvas strop (the real stuff, made out of hemp). Man, was that thing stiff (Easy Boys!). So I washed it and that didn't make much difference. Beating it up in the clothes dryer did though and at least now it feels like something woven instead of something cast.

It is a really coarse weave though and running a razor up and down it (Easy!) makes a LOT of noise. (this is where the audience asks "How loud is it?" if you are old enough to remember that one) It is SO loud that the other day a couple of Hardley guys stopped by and asked me to go easy on the stropping 'cause the noise was drowning out their open pipes.

Ba Dum Dum

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Son of Pappy

« Reply #1728 on: September 04, 2014, 02:46:38 PM »
Strop making that noise!!

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1729 on: September 04, 2014, 04:18:54 PM »
So I picked up a new strop (actually a pre- strop) the other day- a Japanese made, canvas strop (the real stuff, made out of hemp). Man, was that thing stiff (Easy Boys!). So I washed it and that didn't make much difference. Beating it up in the clothes dryer did though and at least now it feels like something woven instead of something cast.

It is a really coarse weave though and running a razor up and down it (Easy!) makes a LOT of noise. (this is where the audience asks "How loud is it?" if you are old enough to remember that one) It is SO loud that the other day a couple of Hardley guys stopped by and asked me to go easy on the stropping 'cause the noise was drowning out their open pipes.

Ba Dum Dum

Brian

Never knew a strop could be made out of hemp. (new industry for Colorado?) Always thought they were made from leather.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1730 on: September 04, 2014, 04:35:01 PM »
A pre- strop, yep. Canvas is good, linen (real linen from flax, not today's corrupted linen made out of cotton) is excellent. Both are tough to get and expensive (for what it is) when they are found, especially long, wide (Easy Boys!) strops. Strops themselves are always made out of leather although there are vegan strops - yep, straight razor shaving and vegans have found each other :-)

Brian

Never knew a strop could be made out of hemp. (new industry for Colorado?) Always thought they were made from leather.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1731 on: September 10, 2014, 09:25:42 AM »
An elephant in the only 4 legged mammal with 4 knees.

An elephant is the only animal that cannot jump.

Brian

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1732 on: September 10, 2014, 09:44:47 AM »
Even if there is a mouse terrorizing it?  They jump in cartoons, you know.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1733 on: September 10, 2014, 09:48:19 AM »
Always though the elephant afraid of mouse thing was BS. But Myth Busters did a pretty convincing experiment. Elephant definitely went out of his way to avoid a mouse.

But it didn't jump  ;)

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1734 on: September 10, 2014, 03:19:01 PM »
Though perhaps not for the lack of wanting to or even trying to.... I've heard that elephants actually cannot jump!

:rotflmao:

Brian

<snip>

But it didn't jump  ;)

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1735 on: September 10, 2014, 03:19:44 PM »
No, no Jim, mice can jump in real life too. I was talking about elephants not being able to jump.

:-)

Brian

Even if there is a mouse terrorizing it?  They jump in cartoons, you know.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1736 on: September 10, 2014, 03:20:34 PM »
 :) Twit.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1737 on: September 10, 2014, 03:22:52 PM »
Durf Wad.

(depending on what Steve gets that to mean in the urban dictionary)

:D

Brian

:) Twit.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #1738 on: September 10, 2014, 03:23:45 PM »
Strawberries aren't berries.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1739 on: September 10, 2014, 03:36:21 PM »
They may not be able to jump but they can definitely wheelie.