Author Topic: My C14 has gone bye bye  (Read 1503 times)

Offline Kazairl

My C14 has gone bye bye
« on: June 16, 2012, 08:41:58 PM »
I was getting bored with the power it made and rather than start spending a lot of money I decided to trade it off and get this. It's an 07 with risers, a ZG windscreen, Kakao Throttle lock, and the all mighty 12v outlet. I think a full exhaust system, a PC and pulling the flies and I'll be all set.

The only thing I really miss about the C14 is the Hard bags. It's a little harder to go grocery shopping on this thing. I may add some hard bags down the road or I may just stick with a set of soft bags. It will definitely have a set of heated grips before winter rolls around.

With a little conditioning I think I'll manage my two week trip to Canada next month just fine. I've had it a week and have about 800 miles on it so far including the 4.5 hour trip back from Lincoln.

Taff

Re: My C14 has gone bye bye
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 09:39:41 PM »
I was getting bored with the power it made and rather than start spending a lot of money I decided to trade it off and get this. It's an 07 with risers, a ZG windscreen, Kakao Throttle lock, and the all mighty 12v outlet. I think a full exhaust system, a PC and pulling the flies and I'll be all set.

The only thing I really miss about the C14 is the Hard bags. It's a little harder to go grocery shopping on this thing. I may add some hard bags down the road or I may just stick with a set of soft bags. It will definitely have a set of heated grips before winter rolls around.

With a little conditioning I think I'll manage my two week trip to Canada next month just fine. I've had it a week and have about 800 miles on it so far including the 4.5 hour trip back from Lincoln.

Nice  ;D

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 09:41:22 PM »
Bored with near 150hp huh, enjoy your new uncomfortable rocket.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Kazairl

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 09:44:45 PM »
Oh I am. So far I've only hit the speed limiter once.  ;D

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 10:22:50 PM »
I adore the ZX14.  I've had 2 ZX11s.  I keep thinking about picking up a 14.  They're SWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTT!
Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 06:59:35 PM »
I enjoyed my ZX14, except for sport touring type riding.  It wouldn't go as far between fill-ups, rider position, cargo, wind/windshield, fooling with a chain, etc

The plusses were it would rip my face off as far as power, less stopping distance require and would hot brake/trail brake into turns better, turn faster, lean further, etc

The new Zx14 has my attention too brutha but i have to keep my behemoth C14 for trips no matter what bike i purchase next =)
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine