Author Topic: Seeing the surgeon  (Read 29436 times)

Son of Pappy

Re: Seeing the surgeon
« Reply #80 on: October 19, 2011, 11:23:50 PM »
Jim, did you get my PM?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2011, 04:56:10 AM »
Well just spent better then 30 minutes on the phone with the clinic.  Basicly got told they gave me drugs for a reason.  I have an extreme phobia to addiction, which I explained to them, they explained the regimen I will be following, it does the wheening as a matter of course.  They also explained just how much was removed from my spine, I really had no idea, thought it was some minor trim.  So it's back on meds I go.  I also asked just how long until I could expect to go back to work, based on what I do (weapons instructor/evaluator for our weapons maintainers on Ft Lewis).  3 months at the earliest, I have an under 5 pounds limit for the next 2 weeks, then work up to 20 pounds till the middle of January.  No exceptions.  Figure the weight of an M2 or better yet, a MK19 vastly exceeds those limits.  I am so screwed :(  What I think I will do once able is a bunch of volunteer work down at our local VA hospital, I'm a good listener.  I'll also do some work for the motorcycle safety org I work for on the side, work the phones, little stuff to keep me busy.
Any model hobbyists out there?  Any good links to model kits, cars and MCs would be what I would like to build.  Any other ideas on how to stay active without being too physical?

Helpless in Port Orchard, WA  (Dear Abby humor)

Chet

I'll drink to that!    :chugbeer:

How's about a nice R/C helicopter? They're fun and should keep you busy while you heal up.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2011, 07:00:42 AM »
I don't like to take them either.  My wife is a RN, a Certified Diabetes Educater as well.  She gets pretty PO'ed at me if I don't take them to control the pain... keep it under control... as she says, it's easier to manage pain before it gets out of control.

If I complain about something, I better not say anything about not taking the meds prescribed or I'm in for it.

Glad to see you're up and about.  Don't overdue anything... take your time.
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline Jettn Jim

• NE PA Some on High Adventure Most!^)-
« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2011, 08:08:22 AM »
Yup just read it now SOP I'll PM ya back.
BECAUSE ONE HAS SIGHT...DOES NOT MEAN ONE HAS VISION...

Son of Pappy

« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2011, 10:37:33 AM »

How's about a nice R/C helicopter? They're fun and should keep you busy while you heal up.
I'll look into that as well, I have a buddy that is into most things RC.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2011, 11:26:32 AM »
I'll look into that as well, I have a buddy that is into most things RC.

Chet,

I just got a e-mail about this, check it out.

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Airplanes/AS3X/

Look at the UMX Hyper Taxi, http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=EFLU4780

That thing looks like some real fun!

Here's another, http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=BLH3200
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 12:36:08 PM by Conrad »

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #86 on: October 21, 2011, 04:29:36 PM »
That is a fantastic idea Conrad.

Now if only Chet had a version of Kirby he could strap the little guy to the helicopter and fly him around the neighborhood. That could be fantastic near Halloween....

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

« Reply #87 on: October 22, 2011, 06:52:50 AM »

Now if only Chet had a version of Kirby he could strap the little guy to the helicopter and fly him around the neighborhood. That could be fantastic near Halloween....

Brian

:thumbs:

Son of Pappy

« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2011, 10:52:40 AM »

Brian
I do have quite a few of Kirbys living relatives that hang around, and we do have afew "Flying" squirals ;D  Add the Contour HD to document their travels

Son of Pappy

« Reply #89 on: October 27, 2011, 10:26:27 PM »
Saw the doc today, I've been cleared t lift 10-15 pounds and best of all, I can go on my annual elk hunting trip, I'll be restricted to the roads, but I'll take it.

Offline Jettn Jim

• NE PA Some on High Adventure Most!^)-
« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2011, 11:08:18 PM »
Saw the doc today, I've been cleared t lift 10-15 pounds and best of all, I can go on my annual elk hunting trip, I'll be restricted to the roads, but I'll take it.
   :thumbs: :hail: :chugbeer:
BECAUSE ONE HAS SIGHT...DOES NOT MEAN ONE HAS VISION...

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2011, 05:56:19 AM »
That is great Chet.  Glad to hear that you will be able to hunt. 

Elk jerky is great, I keep telling my dad that we need to go so I can eat an elk steak.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2011, 04:10:47 PM »
Congratulations!! It's amazing how good that feels! But take it easy.
2014 C-14 Red

Son of Pappy

« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2011, 05:32:06 PM »
Today has been great!!!!  Other then anti inflamatories I've gutted it out, really reminds me to take it easy.  Drove around today, bought a new P&S camera (Fuji DP20, waterproof, durable for hunting and rides), visited with an old buddy, and even vacumed the house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

All the prayers and well wishes surely helped me through the tougher times, Pappy is doing well and it's getting easier everyday helping him out.  I owe a tremendous dept to all, this Forum kicks you know what.  Hopefully over the next few years I'll get to share some rides or host a few guests, I do live on 2 differant lakes ;D

Offline AZBiker

• My photos
« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2011, 06:57:12 PM »
Glad you're feeling better.  Does WA have a lottery for Elk tags?
rubber side down,

Derek
93 Cali black & red

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #95 on: October 28, 2011, 07:34:28 PM »
Oh no Chet, it sounds like you may have taken some pain pills instead of the drugs you <thought> you were taking. I have had some really good days too but never had the urge to vacuum anything....

Glad to hear you are doing better. Just stay away from the appliances .... or at least don't tell us about it if you do use that thing.

Brian

Today has been great!!!!  Other then anti inflamatories I've gutted it out....<snip>.... and even vacumed the house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 08:22:57 PM by B.D.F. »
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline okxd45

« Reply #96 on: October 28, 2011, 08:41:54 PM »
Good to hear you're doing well.  God is good! :)
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline blue14

• Arena
« Reply #97 on: October 29, 2011, 04:48:31 AM »
We want the details on your "OTHER" post surgical goal 8)
2010 C14, 2007 ZX14,  2004 KTM 300SXC

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #98 on: October 29, 2011, 03:14:28 PM »
We have not heard from Chet for something like 24 hours.... maybe the 'other' goal is working out beyond his wildest dreams? Somebody get a bucket of water and meet me at Chet's house....

;D

Brian

We want the details on your "OTHER" post surgical goal 8)

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #99 on: October 29, 2011, 03:37:18 PM »
We have not heard from Chet for something like 24 hours.... maybe the 'other' goal is working out beyond his wildest dreams? Somebody get a bucket of water and meet me at Chet's house....

;D

Brian

Dog's knot perhaps?   ;D

I'll bet he is pushing his 15 lb limit and having a blast doing it. 
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.