Riding > It's not a Concours - other Bikes

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum...

<< < (2/29) > >>

VirginiaJim:
The wife and I were out doing some errands yesterday and we stopped in at the local Indian dealer in Fredericksburg.   My wife has always liked Indian Motorcycles and as up to now it's been more about me than her, decided to get a 2016 Roadmaster.  Didn't do a test ride.  Just bought it.  Liked the dealer, liked his people.  Rode over a hundred miles on it today.  Enjoyed the heck out of it.  My wife loves the comfort.   Definitely have to get used to it as it's a different ride than the C14.  More relaxed.  Got plenty of power as well.

It's got cruise control, TPMS, ABS, alarm, radio, keyless start (uses a push button).  Seats feel good, at least on the short ride we did today.  I think I could get used to it.  Oh, electric screen as well.

[smg id=818]

gPink:
An art deco Indian? Interesting. Keeping the c14?

B.D.F.:
Congrats on the new ride Jim! The very best of luck with it and hope you enjoy it over time.

Like Gary said, going to keep the C-14?

If that thing is 'button start', does it have the dreaded (gasp!) fob?

Brian

--- Quote from: VirginiaJim on March 25, 2017, 04:15:50 PM ---The wife and I were out doing some errands yesterday and we stopped in at the local Indian dealer in Fredericksburg.   My wife has always liked Indian Motorcycles and as up to now it's been more about me than her, decided to get a 2016 Roadmaster.  Didn't do a test ride.  Just bought it.  Liked the dealer, liked his people.  Rode over a hundred miles on it today.  Enjoyed the heck out of it.  My wife loves the comfort.   Definitely have to get used to it as it's a different ride than the C14.  More relaxed.  Got plenty of power as well.

It's got cruise control, TPMS, ABS, alarm, radio, keyless start (uses a push button).  Seats feel good, at least on the short ride we did today.  I think I could get used to it.  Oh, electric screen as well.

[smg id=818]

--- End quote ---

VirginiaJim:
Of course it has a fob!  No knobby to turn either.   At this point, I'm undecided.  I don't do well with two bikes, but at this time it's still in the stable.  I've been babying the Indian a bit on the break in but I did pass a car at speed with us 2-up.  No problems in the power band.  That low center of gravity is different as far as low speed maneuvering.  Although that might be due to the very wide handlebars.   I prefer the low speed maneuvering of the C14.  And speaking of handlebars, all the wiring is in the bars...nice touch. 

Even if I do eventually sell the C14 (I'll have to wash it...sigh), I'll still be here.  This is my home.  Where else can I torment people I like with wild abandon?

Conrad:

--- Quote from: VirginiaJim on March 26, 2017, 07:35:00 AM ---Of course it has a fob!  No knobby to turn either.   At this point, I'm undecided.  I don't do well with two bikes, but at this time it's still in the stable.  I've been babying the Indian a bit on the break in but I did pass a car at speed with us 2-up.  No problems in the power band.  That low center of gravity is different as far as low speed maneuvering.  Although that might be due to the very wide handlebars.   I prefer the low speed maneuvering of the C14.  And speaking of handlebars, all the wiring is in the bars...nice touch. 

Even if I do eventually sell the C14 (I'll have to wash it...sigh), I'll still be here.  This is my home.  Where else can I torment people I like with wild abandon?

--- End quote ---

Isn't that what families are for?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version