Author Topic: Collision with an Audi  (Read 18542 times)

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
Collision with an Audi
« on: April 20, 2015, 09:35:11 AM »
well, I'm afraid that I tested the sensor  :(
I encountered an Audi on my path and the Kawasaki went down and shut off the engine.
I just hang up with the insurance and they will pick it up and bring it home later, but from what I saw, it's going to be totalled, but I don't know.
I'm alright, I guess, just a broken toe, while my spirit is not so good. We'll see.
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

jirod

Re: Collision with an Audi
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 11:51:31 AM »
Sorry to hear about your incident, Martin. I am glad you are OK.
I encountered an Audi on my path and the Kawasaki went down and shut off the engine.
I just hang up with the insurance and they will pick it up and bring it home later, but from what I saw, it's going to be totalled, but I don't know.
I'm alright, I guess, just a broken toe, while my spirit is not so good. We'll see.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 12:11:59 PM »
from what I saw, it's going to be totalled, but I don't know.

I'm glad you are OK, except for the toe. May your spirits heal 100 times faster than your toe.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 12:18:22 PM »
Martin, good luck. Another 14 or  :yikes: a BMW?

Offline RBX QB

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 01:00:22 PM »
Martin, good luck. Another 14 or  :yikes: a BMW?

Maybe you can pick up one of those discounted '13s in Texas and ride it home!

Glad you're relatively unharmed, physically. Heal up, so you can ride again after you process this with your insurance.
2011 Concours 14 ABS
2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶D̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶2̶R̶D̶  SOLD

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 02:56:28 PM »
Sorry to hear about your mishap Martin but overall, it sounds like you did OK physically with just a broken toe.

The best of luck getting that bike repaired or getting a new bike.

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 02:59:18 PM »
Martin lives in Germany so the best deals in the US  are really out of reach for him.

Let's just hope he is not tempted by the dark side (read: BMW)!  :yikes:

Brian

Maybe you can pick up one of those discounted '13s in Texas and ride it home!

Glad you're relatively unharmed, physically. Heal up, so you can ride again after you process this with your insurance.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline RBX QB

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 03:06:59 PM »
Martin lives in Germany so the best deals in the US  are really out of reach for him.  ...

Brian

My bad... I was looking at the Argentinian flag below his avatar. Riding from Texas to Germany WOULD be more difficult.

2011 Concours 14 ABS

Offline Jrodizzle07

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2015, 03:08:20 PM »
Texas to Germany might be stretching the limits of 'sports touring' haha..
Jarrod
Boone NC
2012 Concours, 2000 Vmax, 2003 XT225

Offline RBX QB

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2015, 03:12:57 PM »
Texas to Germany might be stretching the limits of 'sports touring' haha..

It's all about proper tire inflation.
2011 Concours 14 ABS

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2015, 03:18:18 PM »

Sorry to hear about the accident, but very glad you are OK
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2015, 03:21:35 PM »
Not your fault- it is just that some of us old- timers have known Martin through this forum long enough to know a little about him, such as where he lives. As you point out, he is flying that Argentinian flag under his name.

As an aside, Martin should take these types of assumptions as a compliment; I believe he is a native Spanish speaker, who lives and works in a German speaking country yet posts in English on this forum..... and he is taken as a native English speaker.

Brian (who struggles with the one language.... ).

My bad... I was looking at the Argentinian flag below his avatar. Riding from Texas to Germany WOULD be more difficult.

Offline Jrodizzle07

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2015, 07:55:44 PM »
Glad you came out mostly okay after the wreck. Best of luck in getting the bike figured out and hopefully the toe heals quickly.
Jarrod
Boone NC
2012 Concours, 2000 Vmax, 2003 XT225

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2015, 04:03:07 AM »

Martin, I'm so sorry to hear that.  Glad you are ok, though.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2015, 05:29:48 AM »

:yikes: :grouphug:
Sorry to hear about your loss. Glad to hear you were not hurt to badly.
Someone has to ask, are you going to replace it with another Concours?

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2015, 06:02:51 AM »
So you needed 2 trucks? A tow truck for Connie and a toe truck you?

Sorry about your accident. Get well soon!
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2015, 07:18:57 AM »
So you needed 2 trucks? A tow truck for Connie and a toe truck you?

Sorry about your accident. Get well soon!
:doh:

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2015, 09:06:41 AM »
hi guys,
thanks a lot for all the good wishes. As I mentioned, my spirit is a bit more damaged than my body. Today the insurance brought the bike home. She doesn't look as bad as I was expecting, but still...  :-\ I've had this bike for 60 000 miles and never had any accident whatsoever, so I guess statistics just caught up. I am half guilty for what happened, lowering my guard and letting somebody cut in front of me. Yes, he did something stupid, but so did I. I prefer not to go into the details because it just makes me feel more stupid, and I had to narrate them in the ambulance, in the hospital to the police, both insurances (mine and from the Audi) and my girlfriend, who is a doctor and knows better than me how bad this could have ended up.
In any case, since somebody asked, I am going to look deeper under the fairing and see what has to be repaired, or if the cost and effort is too much, I might get another bike --> another C14, no doubt. There's no other bike for me out there in the market. for about 6000€/USD I can get a used '09 (no linked brakes) with low mileage. But first I'll wait what the insurances say. I'm only covered with the basic 3rd party insurance, because the full stuff costs 20% of the bike a year. So it is.
Right now I have the battery charging up in the livingroom because yesterday the ambulance took me right away to the hospital for some X-rays, and it stayed on, so the battery was flat today. The police man was really nice and he managed to understand KI-PASS and turn the know to the lock position.

Guys, just two things:
1st. Everybody says that I should be happy that it was a small consequence and I walked out of this, that if it can be fixed with money, I should be happy to be alive. That IS true, but it's also true that I am happy to be alive every single day of my life that I arrived home after a motorcycle drive. I never, ever get on the bike taking for granted that I will make it to the end of the day. I work in motorcycles and I'd have to be blind to think otherwise. Yesterday, I wasn't happy. Yeap, I was alive, but my dear bike took a big hit and she means something to me. I can't deny that, as stupid as it might sound compared to a human life. I know this.
2nd. That said, I always found it odd how everybody wished well to those of us here that had an accident, and I also wished them well, hand in heart, but I never thought that we would be really supporting that person or helping in any way. Well, now that I am the one receiving end of the "get well" wishes, I can tell you for sure that it helps a lot. It made me feel really nice and I appreciate it, really. Thank you very much.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 10:47:52 AM by martin_14 »
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2015, 11:04:24 AM »
 :thumbs: :goodpost:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2015, 03:28:21 PM »
I am half guilty for what happened, lowering my guard and letting somebody cut in front of me. Yes, he did something stupid, but so did I. I prefer not to go into the details because it just makes me feel more stupid

If I had a dollar for every mistake I made that luckily did NOT end up being an accident, I would have some nice extra spending money.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc