Author Topic: 2014 Pricing ??  (Read 14557 times)

Offline Big Mike

• Binghamton, NY
2014 Pricing ??
« on: July 13, 2014, 06:48:16 PM »
Hello again been away for a while..  ::)

Thinking of going back to a C-14, found an out of state deal for just over 12k new OTD on a 2014...

What say you on that price, fair or not ??

Obviously I have a plate fee and HUGE amount of sales tax when I get home, but I'm really leaning towards this bike..  8)

Mike..
2014 Concours 14 Candy Cardinal Red..
HeliBar Risers/Knight Design Lowered Pegs/Super Shark Skins/Cee Bailey Ultra Tour/TechSpec Snake Skin

Offline Big Mike

• Binghamton, NY
Re: 2014 Pricing ??
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 09:55:05 AM »
anybody ??  :-\
HeliBar Risers/Knight Design Lowered Pegs/Super Shark Skins/Cee Bailey Ultra Tour/TechSpec Snake Skin

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 10:10:14 AM »
Average price IMO, not stellar and not overly high...  :-\

Offline Big Mike

• Binghamton, NY
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 11:07:58 AM »
Average price IMO, not stellar and not overly high...  :-\

ok, thanks..

Gonna see if I can get the local dealers to beat that price or at least match it...

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 12:12:26 PM »
I paid way too much for my 2010 :(

Offline Big Mike

• Binghamton, NY
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 12:31:03 PM »
I paid way too much for my 2010 :(

as did I on the 2012 that I should never have sold (see avatar)...  :-\

Offline Big Mike

• Binghamton, NY
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 11:36:27 AM »
The dealers I have asked to beat the deal I found are claiming they can't because the price is below cost.....interesting  :-\

Are there any Kawasaki sales people on board here that want to verify 12.1k is indeed below cost ???

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2014, 04:43:36 PM »
Hope you get a reply from someone who really knows. I've been looking online, too and the prices like that one + the $1500 rebate that Kawa has on their  site puts the price back in the rest. I wonder how many of these  online deals figure before and how many after the rebate? Ideas?
2014 C-14 Red

Offline rocknrod

• 2013 C14 - Blue
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2014, 05:29:54 PM »
...Thinking of going back to a C-14, found an out of state deal for just over 12k new OTD on a 2014...
You better jump on that ASAP.  :P
I paid 11K for my 2013 and paid state fees when I got it to the house.
Ive seen 13.5K I think it was at a store in Oregon, but that was about as low as I have ever seen. I would have bought it but it wasn't Blue  ;)
Master Chief, US Navy, Retired
2013 C14 Blue, Fenda Extenda, Radiator Screen, HeliBars, Glove Box Mod, 3M paint Protector, Rostra Cruise Control, TechSpec Tank Grips, Lowering Links and Side Stand, Front lowered, Lowered center stand, Balwin Seat.

sailor_chic

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2014, 06:09:38 PM »
I just paid 11,600 for my 2013. It is an out of state buy as well.  Will have to pay taxes when I get home.

Offline st2sam

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2014, 07:37:33 PM »
12K new, out the door, is a steal.

Have you seen any new (or left over) Honda prices lately?  :o
2009 Kawasaki C14
1993 Ducati 907ie (for sale)

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2014, 07:55:20 PM »
12K sounds seriously cheaper than I've found in the Houston area.
What I've seen is more in the 14K arena..
Does anyone know where to find best price in South Texas area?

Ride safe, Ted

Offline rocknrod

• 2013 C14 - Blue
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2014, 05:10:24 AM »
Does anyone know where to find best price in South Texas area?
There is a dealer in Angleton, TX but he kept changing the price on me and I didn't buy from them. Then I found out it was a test drive bike with many scratches. Thank goodness cause I got a smoking deal in Oregon.
Check prices in CycleTrader:
http://www.cycletrader.com/Kawasaki-CONCOURS-Motorcycles----CycleTrader.com/search-results?condition=N&make=Kawasaki|2318344&model=CONCOURS|764857896&price=10000%3A14999&schemecode=AD&sort=price%3Aasc&type=356953&&year=2014%3A*&
Master Chief, US Navy, Retired
2013 C14 Blue, Fenda Extenda, Radiator Screen, HeliBars, Glove Box Mod, 3M paint Protector, Rostra Cruise Control, TechSpec Tank Grips, Lowering Links and Side Stand, Front lowered, Lowered center stand, Balwin Seat.

Offline CADMAN97

• 2010 C14 ABS
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2014, 07:33:50 AM »
as did I on the 2012 that I should never have sold (see avatar)...  :-\
Just curious, what did you replace your C14 with?
1998 Honda Magna--->Sold | 2003 Yamaha FZ1--->Sold | 2003 Honda VFR800--->Sold | 2010 Honda VFR1200--->Sold | Kawasaki C14--->SOLD | 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000--->Current | 2014 Yamaha FJR 1300ES--->Current

Offline Clark Kent

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2014, 08:41:40 AM »
Hello again been away for a while..  ::)

Thinking of going back to a C-14, found an out of state deal for just over 12k new OTD on a 2014...

What say you on that price, fair or not ??

Obviously I have a plate fee and HUGE amount of sales tax when I get home, but I'm really leaning towards this bike..  8)

Mike..

Too bad you don't live in Montana.  No sales taxes at all.  -0-! 

No taxes but you do have to put up with less than 1 million people in the 4th largest state, deer, elk, bears, mt. lions, open spaces you flatlanders only dream of.

Then there are the mountains, forests, clean rivers and streams (full of trout and other fish).   Then there is always the problem of what campground to use.  (there are hundreds to choose from) etc, etc, etc.  The list just goes on and on and on.   

But we do like folks like you coming out to "Big Sky Country" and spending their money to keep our economy humming.

There is no better way for a new 1400 to loose it's virginity than to have a good long ride out to Montana and Wyoming. 

The wind in your hair and Mountains to the left and right!  WOW.

Come on now.  Saddle up and just head west!

When the boys at the dealership hand you the keys and you tell them your headed out to Montana and Wyoming to break her in, you will see their faces green with envy.  Tell them your sorry if it makes them feel bad but someone has to do it!

(I did it 44 years ago and never looked back)  I'm still grinning!   

And your Connie, she will thank you for it.  It will be a ride the two of you will never forget!

So saddle up, head west and get to know your new Connie in the best way possible!  We'' be looking for you!   :chugbeer:
A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it.  "SHANE"

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2014, 08:55:57 AM »
Do you have mosquitoes?

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2014, 08:57:53 AM »
I just got a price (Irving Texas) of $13,600 with Texas taxes/etc included...
Sound good?

Ride safe, Ted

Offline Big Mike

• Binghamton, NY
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2014, 10:17:28 AM »
Just curious, what did you replace your C14 with?

Nothing really replaced it, I sold the C14 and KTM supermoto and bought a Big Dog K9 (chopper)...The chop was getting bought whether the other bikes sold or not..

Should have kept the C14 in hindsight because the chop is just a around town bike..

Offline Big Mike

• Binghamton, NY
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2014, 10:22:20 AM »
Too bad you don't live in Montana.  No sales taxes at all.  -0-! 

No taxes but you do have to put up with less than 1 million people in the 4th largest state, deer, elk, bears, mt. lions, open spaces you flatlanders only dream of.

Then there are the mountains, forests, clean rivers and streams (full of trout and other fish).   Then there is always the problem of what campground to use.  (there are hundreds to choose from) etc, etc, etc.  The list just goes on and on and on.   

But we do like folks like you coming out to "Big Sky Country" and spending their money to keep our economy humming.

There is no better way for a new 1400 to loose it's virginity than to have a good long ride out to Montana and Wyoming. 

The wind in your hair and Mountains to the left and right!  WOW.

Come on now.  Saddle up and just head west!

When the boys at the dealership hand you the keys and you tell them your headed out to Montana and Wyoming to break her in, you will see their faces green with envy.  Tell them your sorry if it makes them feel bad but someone has to do it!

(I did it 44 years ago and never looked back)  I'm still grinning!   

And your Connie, she will thank you for it.  It will be a ride the two of you will never forget!

So saddle up, head west and get to know your new Connie in the best way possible!  We'' be looking for you!   :chugbeer:

I wouldn't call upstate NY where I live flat land but I do see your point...

I've been through both states many times in a big rig and they are beautiful but the winter's out there are brutal...
Upstate NY in the winter is bad enough..

Offline Clark Kent

• Arena
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2014, 01:01:49 PM »
Upstate NY.  Well I didn't know.  It's as beautiful as Mt. and Wy.  Except for the sales taxes!  And our winters are not as bad as yours!  Believe me!

Yes we have a few mosquitoes but you can kill them with as fly swatter.   Now if you get back into the Mountain meadows with a lot of ponds and lakes (where the fish are)  you better be a smoker or the, small, mosquitoes will kill you.  It's not the size.  It's the numbers.  In the back county meadows probably about a million mosquitoes per sq. ft.  !!!

Still a lovely state (much like upstate NY)   :chugbeer:
A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it.  "SHANE"