Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 727018 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #2260 on: January 06, 2016, 08:26:45 AM »
For something a bit different... Further proof we, as a species, are DOOMED.
Headline from Drudge early this morning... http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/jan/05/vaginal-speaker-foetuses-babypod-music

Butt, butt, butt, where does the subwoofer go?  ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #2261 on: January 06, 2016, 09:06:22 AM »
Butt, butt, butt, where does the subwoofer go?  ;)

Oooh that's a good one.  ;D

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2262 on: January 06, 2016, 10:35:04 AM »
Gives a whole new meaning to 'boom box'.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #2263 on: January 06, 2016, 11:32:53 AM »
Huey Lewis' "Working for a living" could be good. Or perhaps Toby Keith's "Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue".
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #2264 on: January 06, 2016, 11:43:32 AM »
Here's a pic of my fast bike, and toolbox.

It's January, and I'm bored. ;D
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2265 on: January 06, 2016, 12:31:32 PM »
Huey Lewis' "Working for a living" could be good. Or perhaps Toby Keith's "Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue".

I wonder if the babe would like this one?

Assholes On Parade
! No longer available

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2266 on: January 09, 2016, 07:42:12 AM »
I just bought a new cordless phone set.  Biggest selling point was it's ability to block up to 250 numbers!  I'm having quite the time hitting the block button!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2267 on: January 19, 2016, 10:14:38 AM »
The last fatal duel in Scotland took place in a field to the west of Kirkcaldy, Fife, on August 23, 1826. D.M
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #2268 on: January 19, 2016, 10:38:51 AM »
The last fatal duel in Scotland took place in a field to the west of Kirkcaldy, Fife, on August 23, 1826. D.M

Duels, interesting topic.
Amazing how there are so many politicians in the mix. Who knew that politics stirred such passion.  :rotflmao: 
Have there been any arising out of the arena?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2269 on: January 19, 2016, 10:56:20 AM »
Not that I'm aware of.   We frown upon the members trying to kill each other.   Bad form, you know.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2270 on: January 19, 2016, 11:18:25 AM »
Not that I'm aware of.   We frown upon the members trying to kill each other.   Bad form, you know.

Plus the mess, who's gonna clean that up anyways?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2271 on: January 19, 2016, 01:24:49 PM »
Not me, that's for sure.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #2272 on: January 19, 2016, 01:59:57 PM »
Not really necessary if the dueling is done outside- all the organics just sort of..... dry up and rot.

Say what you want about dueling but 1) it absolutely does end the argument (if done correctly) and 2) makes people a bit more respectful. Why just look at all the jokes that no one made after a while about Andrew Jackson marrying an [already married] woman. He just thinned the herd down a bit. Sure he caught a couple of pistol balls along the way but he did not let that slow him down much (probably why they called him "Old Hickory").

As the story goes: when Andrew Jackson died, there were two house servants present. One turned to the other and asked if she thought General Jackson was in heaven. To which the second servant stated: if General Jackson wants to be in heaven, who could stop him? Not a bad epitaph, true or not.

Brian

Plus the mess, who's gonna clean that up anyways?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2273 on: January 30, 2016, 06:28:59 AM »
Brainiac criminal...

A Polo, IL man has been arrested following an armed robbery that took place at a gas station in the village last night.

21-year old Damian Wilson was arrested on the felony offense of aggravated robbery.

Police received word of the hold-up a short time after 9:30. The male subject apparently entered the Shell gas station at 202 Division Avenue and obtained a beverage. As the transaction took place, Wilson told the employee that he wanted all of the money in the cash register. He then placed a handgun on the counter which was later found out by police to be a BB gun.

No one suffered any injuries from the incident.

Reports indicate that Wilson left the store and then returned and placed the money back on the counter as he knew that the worker had called the police. The employee knew  Wilson.    :o

Polo police responded to Wilson's home and he was taken into custody without incident.

Wilson is expected to appear before a judge in Oregon later today when bond will be set on the felony offense.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #2274 on: February 04, 2016, 10:48:57 AM »
I just found out my Amazon Echo can play Pandora.
Apparently it already knew how and I didn't know.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #2275 on: February 08, 2016, 09:01:10 AM »
Looks like winter finally arrived in the Northeast US- yea! Temps. below freezing for the next 10 days and dipping below zero on a couple of nights (this is the normal 'cold' point of our winter). It has been in the 50's / 60's lately and I was worried that we might miss winter entirely.

:-)

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2276 on: February 08, 2016, 09:21:21 AM »
I just found out my Amazon Echo can play Pandora.
Apparently it already knew how and I didn't know.

Amazon must have spent $50,000,000 or more advertising Echo in the Super Bowl with Alec Baldwin.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #2277 on: February 08, 2016, 12:15:47 PM »
Maybe not that much- he screams at and berates his daughter for free, apparently.  ;)

How was the half- time show? I heard some rumblings that it was going to be a bit..... politically biased. Was it?

Brian

Amazon must have spent $50,000,000 or more advertising Echo in the Super Bowl with Alec Baldwin.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2278 on: February 08, 2016, 12:54:31 PM »
Maybe not that much- he screams at and berates his daughter for free, apparently.  ;)

How was the half- time show? I heard some rumblings that it was going to be a bit..... politically biased. Was it?

Brian

Not that I saw. Lots of love and rainbows but nothing overtly political IMO. I thought Coldplay did a good job. Bruno Mars is a better dancer than I knew. And Beyonce was... well Beyonce. Just saw an article that Metallica was supposed to do a cameo but backstage James Hetfield and Chris Martin got into a brouhaha over some celery sticks and Metallica left the building. But I have no idea if that was true.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2279 on: February 08, 2016, 01:00:13 PM »

Brian

Beyonce Kardashian 's new music vid plays to a particular audience but it didn't seem too apparent at halftime. Might be 'cause I have a hard time understanding the words.