Author Topic: Why hasn't anyone made arm rests for a C-14  (Read 16510 times)

Offline MrPepsi

Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Mal

• Arena
  • There is no spoon...
Re: Why hasn't anyone made arm rests for a C-14
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2012, 12:05:52 PM »
:) Because she only rides once per year, maybe two or three times if I get arm rests for her. I ride sans bags the rest of the year, nearly every day. This is my bike not hers. :)

Makes perfect sense. I traded a Wing for the Connie for that same reason, wife has her own bike and only rode two-up occasionally. I do have to wonder at those who are trying to make the Connie into a two up touring bike, while she's an excellent platform for spirited single person touring, the Wing does two up so much better...
`09 ZG-1400
Western Colorado

"It is not the business of government to make men virtuous or religious, or to preserve the fool from the consequences of his own folly. Government should be repressive no further than is necessary to secure liberty by protecting the equal rights of each from aggression on the part of others" —Henry George

Offline Mal

• Arena
  • There is no spoon...
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2012, 12:11:44 PM »
Ok, I give up. What in the world are those handles on the bags for?    ???

Are they Jesus Christ handles for the passenger?

Attached to the same bags that have been known to pop-off? I've seen the video of the guy wrenching the bag off from the rear, I have to wonder what would happen with a sharp pull from the front...
`09 ZG-1400
Western Colorado

"It is not the business of government to make men virtuous or religious, or to preserve the fool from the consequences of his own folly. Government should be repressive no further than is necessary to secure liberty by protecting the equal rights of each from aggression on the part of others" —Henry George

MGvalerio

« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2012, 12:26:54 PM »
Attached to the same bags that have been known to pop-off? I've seen the video of the guy wrenching the bag off from the rear, I have to wonder what would happen with a sharp pull from the front...

what would happen with a sharp pull from the front... ::) ....  :battle: >:( .

MGvalerio. 8)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2012, 12:29:34 PM »

MG's bags have been Valerioized. Ain't no way they're coming off till MG says so. 
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

MGvalerio

« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2012, 12:43:34 PM »
Ugocom aiuto..credo di comprendere ..invevece leggo uva e sono poi uova,mi ci vien da ridere. ;D

Cosa stanno a dire,che le mie borse si staccano con un forte tirone,fosse così trapelo la mia Mondeo W su per la rampa dei garage con funi legate alle borse del la moto,come diceva Toto ..ragazzuoli qui scherzate col fuoco..cioè con  il made in Italy,op perbacco. ;)

MGvalerio. 8)

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2012, 12:45:59 PM »
Ugocom aiuto..credo di comprendere ..invevece leggo uva e sono poi uova,mi ci vien da ridere. ;D

Cosa stanno a dire,che le mie borse si staccano con un forte tirone,fosse così trapelo la mia Mondeo W su per la rampa dei garage,come diceva Toto ..ragazzuoli qui scherzate col fuoco..cioè con  il made in Italy,op perbacco. ;)

MGvalerio. 8)

Quote from: Google Translate
Ugocom help .. I think I understand .. I read invevece grapes and eggs are then, there I have to laugh.  What are they to say that my bags come off with a strong Tirone, was leaked so my Mondeo W on the ramp of the garage, as he said .. Toto ragazzuoli here joking with fire .. that is, with the made in Italy, op gosh.

UMMMM
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline ugocon

« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2012, 12:57:58 PM »

Cosa stanno a dire,che le mie borse si staccano con un forte tirone,fosse così trapelo la mia Mondeo W su per la rampa dei garage con funi legate alle borse del la moto,come diceva Toto ..ragazzuoli qui scherzate col fuoco..cioè con  il made in Italy,op perbacco. ;)

MGvalerio. 8)

No, no... cool  Valerio! ::)
As stated by Conrad, there's no way your bags can come off neither pulling from the rear nor from the front!!!
 ;)

There was only one unbeliever, but he's been taken back to the correct path of faith and worship in your divine work!

Amen!

;D ;D

(Google translator hopefully should do a good job on this easy phrase... ;) )
Stand out from the crowd: do not buy a BMW !!!

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2012, 12:11:48 AM »
How about this:
http://www.motorcyclearmrest.com/armrests/kawasaki_vulcan

OH GOODY GOODY, it's available with studs and fringe. Joy of all joys.  ;D

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2012, 03:40:46 AM »
Should they be something that attaches to a trunk instead of the bike?

Some people don't have trunks. They just have a passenger backrest and want just a little more for their Queen.

I've been looking into this for a few days now. There isn't a sturdy enough mounting place to mount passenger arm rest, well any that would be able to be quickly removed that is. If it's mounted to the rack (which is mounted to the plastic hand rails), the setup "may not" be strong enough. So, what else is there to mount to?
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2012, 03:49:04 AM »
OH GOODY GOODY, it's available with studs and fringe. Joy of all joys.  ;D
Don't overlook the chrome.

Offline Mal

• Arena
  • There is no spoon...
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2012, 07:41:47 AM »
Don't overlook the chrome.

And the flames....  ;)
`09 ZG-1400
Western Colorado

Damaged Goods

« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2012, 09:22:45 AM »
Head rest from a 2009 Jeep Wrangler, ready for the weather and all. The post on the head rest slide in between the storage box and the support. They seem to be stable, although I am looking for a better mounting. I did wrap the post on the head rest with electric tape to prevent any scratching of anything.

Breaker19

« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2012, 10:13:04 AM »
I know, I can't believe I'm saying it either. But my SO asks each time she sees a stupid wing seat. I'm surprised nobody has come up with a design. Of course it:
- Needs to be removable
- Needs to not interfere with the trunk
- Need to have ZERO chrome on it
- Would of course be nice if they had an adjustable height
- Needs to not interfere with the side bags.
- I'm almost thinking it just needs to be an accessory of the side bags (I have heard of people using the sleeping bags for camping strapped to the top of the sidebags as arm rests.

My camping ensemble goes across the seat and extends out over each side bag, but I don't camp two-up... I get your drift, though... However, if you just bolt like a Harley ultra classic passenger backrest on the trunk, that will work. I know, because I've seen it done on other bikes. It'd be easy to make it removable by using some sort of a custom fabricated dovetail type receiver for it to slip down onto, then it'll pop up and out when not needed. That's how I'd go about it.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2012, 02:44:49 PM »
Head rest from a 2009 Jeep Wrangler, ready for the weather and all. The post on the head rest slide in between the storage box and the support. They seem to be stable, although I am looking for a better mounting. I did wrap the post on the head rest with electric tape to prevent any scratching of anything.

These are acutually not bad. Of course you'd have to remove them to get to the bags, but maybe that can be changed too.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2012, 03:07:26 PM »
And no, a $1000 fugly Corbin trunk won't cut it.

+1 

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Brian Kellett

« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2012, 11:27:55 AM »

I like that idea - very creative.  Do you have any pictures of how it's bolted into place?

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2012, 11:46:33 AM »

Did you do something to them to keep them from sliding around, or do they stay put?
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Damaged Goods

« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2012, 05:39:37 PM »
I like that idea - very creative.  Do you have any pictures of how it's bolted into place?

They are only slide in behind the box's and in front of the luggage rack. My wife and I have had a few rides and they seem to stay in place very well at this point. I do have intentions on have a better attachment for them, just brainstorming before I make any moves. I need something sterdy, but fast and easy to remove to access the box's. For now they just pull out and seems to work fine until I come up with something better. Any idea's would be great.