Author Topic: quietest slip on  (Read 16652 times)

Offline Cuda

Re: quietest slip on
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2013, 03:11:05 PM »
Sounds like a bunch of butt dyno's at work here. 

Leo Vince with the insert is the same dB as stock.

I don't believe that ,  nothing is as quiet as stock , nothing !
It's the same design as many others fiberglass packers , how could it be the same as stock ?
I was looking and found a set of used  Leo Vince ZX muffs because it was said how quiet they were till I heard them with out the insert, that is why I got the Two Brothers and the smallest insert of the four that they make.
Have you ever saw how restrictive those Cats are in the header pipe  :o, when I saw how small those holes were I had a welding shop cut the collector open and remove them , They are ZX headers but I believe the stock header has the same, I did not check the stock header,  I'm sure they help with the sound but believe me between the cats and the stock monster muffler they hurt HP over 5,000 rpm    by 5-6hp easy.
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline SimonSaysDie

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2013, 05:52:07 PM »
+1 on the Leo Vince.

Offline Tahoe C14

• RED 14's RULE!
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2013, 11:01:44 PM »
+2 on LV!!!
Jim
2009 "RED" ABS 14

"These bikes just plain kick ass"

Offline curly

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2013, 06:59:30 AM »
Area p or Leo Vince and I might add that my Delkevic with the insert is comparable to these.

Muzzy=loud
Two brothers=louder

Yes, I have had both. I have not owned the Area p but heard it on another c14 personally and it is not too loud.
I have also had the Leo and sold it because I didnt like the sound but it was quiet.
Confidence is the feeling you have before you realize the full measure of the situation.

'09 in Black.

Offline ugocon

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2013, 08:21:18 AM »
LeoVince titanium or carbon: it's the only one legally approved in Italy, thus its sound is in the limits.... but far better than the stock one!  ;) :D
Stand out from the crowd: do not buy a BMW !!!

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2013, 10:18:35 AM »

Fixed that for ya Max.  8)

Actually reminds me a bit of the old Electrolux canister vacs.

HEHEEH
trry finding one of those puppies lately.... :'(
I have been looking for a nice one for the last 2 years, and they are being hoarded up by collectors. $$$$
All I wanted was the "Electrolux" chrome trim and lettered back plate for "addition" to my shortened stocker...but can't find one in good shape....

the model in question was the "XXX" triple-X :-[ 8) ;)

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Cuda

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2013, 01:14:22 PM »
Area p or Leo Vince and I might add that my Delkevic with the insert is comparable to these.

Muzzy=loud
Two brothers=louder

Yes, I have had both. I have not owned the Area p but heard it on another c14 personally and it is not too loud.
I have also had the Leo and sold it because I didnt like the sound but it was quiet.

When I first got the Two Brothers I was going to sell them because they were to loud , till folks from here told me to try the reducers , they were right , night and day .     
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2013, 03:49:34 PM »

When I first got the Two Brothers I was going to sell them because they were to loud , till folks from here told me to try the reducers , they were right , night and day .     

Now you just have to be prepared to re-pack them before others may need it, Two Bros is known for using pretty sub par packing material.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline SkipH76

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2013, 09:25:22 PM »
The Leo Vince comes with the sound tip installed.  No, it's NOT as quiet as the stocker and yes, the bags do block some of the sound to the rider.  Not a scientific study, but Leo, Remus, and Staintune tend to be the quieter aftermarket systems - just my opinion.

Offline Cuda

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2013, 09:26:29 PM »
Yeah your right , I bought some for $17.00 when I purchased   the dual  mufflers for $150.00 , I guess I got ripped off then also , In about ten years I might get to use it, ::) and it might take ten minutes per muffler to install.
 I read it on the internet It MUST be true...
IF you have a two cyl motor(HD ect.) you will need to replace packing more often , but NOT with a four cylinder, which  most C14's are ;)
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2013, 07:50:01 AM »
Yeah your right , I bought some for $17.00 when I purchased   the dual  mufflers for $150.00 , I guess I got ripped off then also , In about ten years I might get to use it, ::) and it might take ten minutes per muffler to install.
 I read it on the internet It MUST be true...
IF you have a two cyl motor(HD ect.) you will need to replace packing more often , but NOT with a four cylinder, which  most C14's are ;)

Never said you got ripped off my friend, but the packing is a big reason why you need a sound suppressor for a 2 Bros to be tolerable for many folks. And I never read what I said about the packing on the internet.  ;)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2013, 04:57:30 PM »
I know it is not a big dollar slip on but my Delkevic sounds great, especially for under $200.00.  Not loud at all.

Offline Xelvic

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2013, 06:07:36 PM »
I know it is not a big dollar slip on but my Delkevic sounds great, especially for under $200.00.  Not loud at all.

I'm thinking I want to pick one of those up. I have my flies out with a power commander and stock exhaust. Does anyone know if Fuel Moto has a map for these pipes yet? On a side note, anyone on the fence about doing the Guhl reflash or taking your flies out with a PCV...well... get off the fence!! You don't know what your missing!!
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14

Son of Pappy

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2013, 09:19:25 PM »
I havent tried all of these on for size or sound quality but for the sake of the team I will do my best.  Don't expect any youtube vids tho 8)

http://www.victoriassecret.com/sleepwear/sleepwear?cm_mmc=Bing-_-Brand%2bProduct%20-%20Sleepwear%20-%20Computer%20-%20Broad%20MSN-_-Broad-_-victorias%20secret%20nightgowns

Offline Jimmy Patriot

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2013, 11:19:54 PM »
Another for the Area P.... and it wakes up real nicely!
2009 C-14 ABS

Offline connie1

• Arena
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2013, 11:37:41 PM »
Sorry SoP, you may have missed the question, your link was definitely about 'slip off's' not slip ons.  Thanks for the link anyway.

(Any of those girls could slip those off anytime)
Man do I love this bike! Red '09

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2013, 12:56:42 AM »
Remus Hexacone Titanium here. Quite, far from obnoxious, great sound that is not tiring at all on the super slab, and clears its throat with a great growl when visiting the illegal side of the rev counter (<5k rpm). I like my bike twice as much since I fitted this thing...  :chugbeer:
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline Cuda

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2013, 05:24:16 AM »
quote author=Xelvic link=topic=13059.msg160861#msg160861 date=1364170056]
I'm thinking I want to pick one of those up. I have my flies out with a power commander and stock exhaust. Does anyone know if Fuel Moto has a map for these pipes yet? On a side note, anyone on the fence about doing the Guhl reflash or taking your flies out with a PCV...well... get off the fence!! You don't know what your missing!!
[/quote]

If you have gone that far , go to a ZX forum or www.craigslistcrawler.com you will find cheap ZX headers, less than a $100. have the OZ plug  for Auto tune installed remove the cats and you got the best map possible ( how do you thing GUHL got his map ;) ) Used ZX mufflers are EASY to find once again a little search and you've just added the most HP you can with out a TURBO. ;)
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline cablebandit

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2013, 11:17:46 AM »

I was looking and found a set of used  Leo Vince ZX muffs because it was said how quiet they were till I heard them with out the insert,

That's why I said the sound level is the same dB with the insert.  Just because the tone is different doesn't mean it's louder.

Offline wally_games

• Arena
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2013, 11:24:50 AM »
Love my Leo Vince. Only complaint might be the price. I run it with the insert, but have run it quite a bit without. I like the tone in both cases. I "feel" that it is slightly louder than stock even with the insert, but it's really the tone that I like.

Every Two Brothers that I've been around was loud.
Same for the V&H CS One (even though I really like the look of them and almost bought one).
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold