Author Topic: C14 is there a difference between moble one and moble one racing 4T  (Read 6449 times)

Offline rcannon409

Re: C14 is there a difference between moble one and moble one racing 4T
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2012, 03:11:47 PM »
If you happen to run a "friction modified oil" on accident, or in an emergency, you'll be shocked to see what happens....a big, fat nothing. It works.  I've had to do this in many, many bikes and did it before I knew it would not work.  This Hinson fellow also said it was no big deal...Ron something.....Yes, this leaves room open for the guy who did it and his penis fell off.....But seriously, if it did nto slip in my 2 stroke yz 300 putting out 60 hp through a clutch no larger than a softball..you're ok in most motorcycles.  99% of the clutch slip stories are from a friend of a friend's grandmothers lover.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2012, 03:25:31 PM »
twice removed?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2012, 04:34:48 PM »
Jim...at least.  Someday I hope that all these old wives tails that are unsubstantiated will be punishible by death. Hell, remember back in the late 70's and early 80's a product called "Kal-Gard coating"  Thsi was a 4oz bottle of highly concentrated moly dumped right into the crankcase.   Moly is the most advanced friction modifier known to mankind.  No clutch slipping back then, either. Russ Collins ran it in his triple engine powered Honda 750 named the "Sorcerer". This old, slow, pos.   http://improvelife.info/links/v65/special/honda/images/Freds23.jpg

He personally told me it was in there.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2012, 05:21:00 PM »
I have run regular [gasp] Royal Purple in my previous bike (also a wet clutch) and had no ill effects.  I wouldn't be worried if I ran a regular oil in my C14, but as long as Rotella is cheap enough I will keep using it since I have had such good luck with it.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.