Author Topic: Kipass video - lots of info  (Read 7683 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: Kipass video - lots of info
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2015, 02:55:18 PM »
Says the guy who owns the KiPass activation switch bypass, AND carries a hammer in case that fails (which it actually cannot do- the bypass will always work without exception).  ;D

Brian

In the general scheme of things that would be below the last thing on my list to worry about on this bike.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2015, 02:59:09 PM »
Seems to me this video completely misses the point. The solenoid is not the activation switch. The problem has nothing to do with the solenoid. I've never had mine apart so correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the activation switch on the left side and that getting stuck down is the problem as I understand it.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2015, 03:03:06 PM »
Yes, you are correct. The solenoid is a symptom of the problem, it is NOT the problem itself. The video has done a great deal to spread miss- information about the actual problem but to be absolutely honest, I have grown weary of arguing about it so generally I just leave it alone these days and argue about other things if I really have the urge; truly important things such as just what is the best leather to use to strop a razor and so forth.... :-)

Brian

Seems to me this video completely misses the point. The solenoid is not the activation switch. The problem has nothing to do with the solenoid. I've never had mine apart so correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the activation switch on the left side and that getting stuck down is the problem as I understand it.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2015, 03:22:06 PM »
Any reference to KiPass, including text or video, that excludes its mad Pow-Ah is questionable

It was only a matter of time... ;)

^^^i suspected someone else would post truth (after the smoke cleared), but didn't happen   :D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2015, 03:27:01 PM »
Says the guy who owns the KiPass activation switch bypass, AND carries a hammer in case that fails (which it actually cannot do- the bypass will always work without exception).  ;D

Brian

Hammer fun.  Swearing fun.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2015, 03:37:52 PM »
Hey, for those who may question it, I have proof:

Now that right there is a HONDA SNOWBLOWER running perfectly due entirely to the KiPass fob resting on the tank (known around my house as Ho- Blow- Pass). If that is not proof enough of the magical, mystical powers of KiPass, I cannot imagine what might be. And please note the absolute lack of snow in the picture: as soon as the fob was placed on the blower and the blower started, all the snow as far as the eye could see simply melted!

Brian

^^^i suspected someone else would post truth (after the smoke cleared), but didn't happen   :D

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2015, 03:44:01 PM »
Since the Kipass can make anything work,  we can now do away with welfare and just force feed fobs to the disenfranchised.  :rotflmao: :stirpot:
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2015, 03:46:40 PM »
I'm sorry,  I said that out loud, didn't I? :-X
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2015, 04:04:33 PM »
You missed the entire point: KiPass is what is keeping the number of welfare recipients down to a manageable level. Why if not for KiPass, everyone would be on welfare,not working, and then where would we buy cigarettes and coffee and [impossible to open] plastic bags of lunch meat?

:-)

Brian

Since the Kipass can make anything work,  we can now do away with welfare and just force feed fobs to the disenfranchised.  :rotflmao: :stirpot:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2015, 05:05:21 AM »

I'm sorry,  I said that out loud, didn't I? :-X

And guess who will have to supply the disenfranchised with subsidized low cost/free fob batteries?   
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

sailor_chic

« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2015, 05:24:37 AM »
I am so glad to read that I am not the only one that has difficulty opening  some of those lunch meat packages. Next time I open one, I have my Kipass  FOB close by.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2015, 05:32:14 AM »
I am so glad to read that I am not the only one that has difficulty opening  some of those lunch meat packages. Next time I open one, I have my Kipass  FOB close by.

Just in case your battery is dead and you don't have a sword like Jim, keep a pair if scissors at hand.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2015, 05:35:00 AM »
The sword wasn't of much help with this situation, although I was this close to cutting the entire top of it off.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2015, 05:37:48 AM »
The sword wasn't of much help with this situation, although I was this close to cutting the entire top of it off.

Here's some pointers for ye.

John Belushi's Best of - Samurai Delicatessen - SNL '75

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2015, 05:44:06 AM »
Thanks, I appreciate all the help I can get.  Pure comic genius, what a shame.

Offline tomp

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2015, 08:14:49 AM »
Here's some pointers for ye.

John Belushi's Best of - Samurai Delicatessen - SNL '75
Back when SNL was actually funny.  Thanks. tomp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2015, 05:05:26 AM »
Seems to me this video completely misses the point. The solenoid is not the activation switch. The problem has nothing to do with the solenoid.

It does miss the point...lol. We had this discussion when he posted his video on here a while back:

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=16380.0

It doesn't really take a ton of time to access the ignition switch (by removing the top triple clamp) and clean the switch up. There's no way I'd remove the whole front end of the bike to do what he did.

Rem

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.