Author Topic: Government and Motorcycling  (Read 4443 times)

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
Re: Government and Motorcycling
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2012, 05:19:04 PM »
If states enforce seatbelt laws, then helmet laws should follow suit IMHO, or do away with both. People know the effects of smoking and continue to do so, people also know what can happen in a car accident to the human body......having a choice should be the standard. Most would still wear seatbelts regardless of the laws, but helmet usage would be less I have no doubt. I have really changed my views on things in the last year, if people want to be stupid.....let them. We are losing too many of our choices and rights as things are now, we do not need more of a police state
than we currently have.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2012, 05:49:23 PM »
If states enforce seatbelt laws, then helmet laws should follow suit IMHO, or do away with both. People know the effects of smoking and continue to do so, people also know what can happen in a car accident to the human body......having a choice should be the standard. Most would still wear seatbelts regardless of the laws, but helmet usage would be less I have no doubt. I have really changed my views on things in the last year, if people want to be stupid.....let them. We are losing too many of our choices and rights as things are now, we do not need more of a police state
than we currently have.

yes

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2012, 06:25:39 PM »
than we currently have.

yes

+2
2014 ZG1400 Concours COG memb# 8645