Author Topic: Will this winter EVER end???  (Read 42434 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: Will this winter EVER end???
« Reply #140 on: March 23, 2014, 08:00:03 AM »
Another teaser- they are mocking me. An inch of snow on Tues, 5" to 8" Tues. night and 1" to 3" Wed. Sure. The gods of snow mock me..... :-(

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

« Reply #141 on: March 23, 2014, 08:21:26 AM »
Another teaser- they are mocking me. An inch of snow on Tues, 5" to 8" Tues. night and 1" to 3" Wed. Sure. The gods of snow mock me..... :-(

Brian

There's always next year Brian.    ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #142 on: March 23, 2014, 08:34:21 AM »
Spoken like a true Chicago sports fan.  :)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #143 on: March 23, 2014, 08:41:01 AM »
Spoken like a true Chicago sports fan.  :)

I was thinking exactly that when I said this.    :)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #144 on: March 23, 2014, 08:41:44 AM »
Road kill doesn't bother me at all, the only thing that does is that it could have been me hitting it. The last 20 years has seen a virtual EXPLOSION in road kill on Ohio roads, meaning that there are too many animals in the area and not enough natural predators to keep them in check. Lots of folks here are up in arms over the recent attacks on pets from coyote never thinking about why that is, but simply complaining, as if increasing police patrols or having a neighborhood watch will somehow solve the problem. Road kill at this time of year especially nocturnal mammals means they are out before they are supposed to be, and it improves the gene pool, as slow and stupid animals die because there are no lawyers to protect them. ;D
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #145 on: March 23, 2014, 11:20:30 AM »
But I am an American and so do not want to wait! I want it NOW. In fact, instead of snowing all night, I wish the snow gods would just send it FedEx so I could have it all at one time.

And so the vendor asked the customer how he wanted the parts delivered, and the customer responded 'Fax them to me- I am in a hurry.'

It is what makes and has made America great- no tolerance for inefficiency or limitations of any kind. Got snow where you do not want it? Fine, we will make millions of snow removal machines, methods, devices... some of them beyond your wildest imagination (look up the video of the gas turbine / locomotive 'snow blower'). Want snow but don't have it? We can make it too and spread it around for your skiing pleasure. Really, why grow carrots by the handful when you can grow them by the ton.... or millions of tons?

But me- I am depending on the weather :-(   And now the forecast is upping the prediction of snow to 5" to 8" on Tuesday and 3" to 5" on Wed. I am trying not to get my hopes up, and I know they are mocking me but still.... it could happen, right?

Just got done loading a trailer of wood onto the porch- I am now into my 5th cord for certain this winter and may be getting near the 6th cord. Cold, windy and long winter because I normally burn 4 cord and some years have maybe a cord left over.

Brian

« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 06:33:47 AM by B.D.F. »
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #146 on: March 23, 2014, 09:32:06 PM »
I have to fly to cough cough BOSTON this week.  Please tell me spring is upon you all up there  ;D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Conrad

« Reply #147 on: March 24, 2014, 04:39:05 AM »
Road kill doesn't bother me at all, the only thing that does is that it could have been me hitting it. The last 20 years has seen a virtual EXPLOSION in road kill on Ohio roads, meaning that there are too many animals in the area and not enough natural predators to keep them in check. Lots of folks here are up in arms over the recent attacks on pets from coyote never thinking about why that is, but simply complaining, as if increasing police patrols or having a neighborhood watch will somehow solve the problem. Road kill at this time of year especially nocturnal mammals means they are out before they are supposed to be, and it improves the gene pool, as slow and stupid animals die because there are no lawyers to protect them. ;D

I'm surprised that seeing road kill doesn't bother you at least a lil bit Boss. After all, that's one fewer animal that you can use for target practice right?

Offline blue14

• Arena
« Reply #148 on: March 24, 2014, 05:37:13 AM »
I have to fly to cough cough BOSTON this week.  Please tell me spring is upon you all up there  ;D

And now you get paid back for all those posts about how warm it is in FLA. when we are freezing.  Welcome to Boston. :rotflmao:
2010 C14, 2007 ZX14,  2004 KTM 300SXC

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #149 on: March 24, 2014, 06:36:42 AM »
You're in luck- it IS spring here! Happened on the 21st of March. Good thing for you too or you'd be landing smack- dab in winter.

Today is a balmy 15F this morning but will rocket to a high of 35. The rest of the week will be similar- 35 / 40 by day, and 15 / 20 by night. A few inches of snow coming Tues. night and Wed.

You should see motorcycles everywhere..... if you go to a motorcycle dealer :-)

Brian

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #150 on: March 24, 2014, 08:26:21 PM »
OK I'll pack gloves, scarf and an overcoat and enjoy a change in weather.  Taking the water taxi from Logan Airport to the "Seaport Hotel".  Anyone care to join me at Legal Seafood "Harborside" for dinner? It better be cold cuz I wanna' see what all the fuss has been over all winter  ;D

Then I'll deserve a break from that igloo. Fly back late friday night, throw the KTM and a months worth of stuff in the truck, and head west to Vegas.  Work from home there and ride Moab, Death Valley and Baja on a vacation days/nights/weekends
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Conrad

« Reply #151 on: March 25, 2014, 04:39:56 AM »
It's 20f right now and we had and inch of snow last night.   :o

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #152 on: March 25, 2014, 05:17:42 AM »
Hopefully that's all we'll get today...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #153 on: March 25, 2014, 05:34:04 AM »
It's snowing in Northern VA.  Let the traffic mayhem begin!  I'm already at work.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #154 on: March 25, 2014, 10:33:21 AM »
Well the predictions here were upwards of a foot but now as the time for the snow is here, the predictions have dropped to less than 1 inch. I knew it- they mock me and my snowblower..... :-(

Brian

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #155 on: March 25, 2014, 11:28:47 AM »
...and we laugh in your general direction.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #156 on: March 25, 2014, 11:41:12 AM »
Well the predictions here were upwards of a foot but now as the time for the snow is here, the predictions have dropped to less than 1 inch. I knew it- they mock me and my snowblower..... :-(

Brian

If you really want some snow you'll need to 'summerize' your snow blower and get it put up for the season. That's when it'll hit.

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #157 on: March 25, 2014, 11:59:46 AM »
Perhaps this entire snow season is all my fault.

I have a snowblower that I has a gummed up carburator and will not start.  I thoght it was put away by me, but alas dad was the last one to use it 3 yrs ago and it still had the untreated gas in it.  I have refused to clean it because it is too cold and snowy outside when I need it.  It is a "spring" (which has started) project.  I usually empty the tank after they warm up then run it until it cuts off, then remove the bowl and gas cap to let it dry for a few days at the end of each season.  Same thing with the generator.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #158 on: March 25, 2014, 01:10:51 PM »
Now I do not believe in ghosts, goblins, hocus pocus or luck (beyond random chance) but I have to say Conrad, you may be right on this one. The blower is in front of a garage bay, clogging up the entire bay, facing the door, 'waiting'. If I move it to the back of the garage where I cannot get to it anymore, get the mower out and especially if I get the leaf vacuum ready, THEN it may snow.

:rotflmao:

Brian

If you really want some snow you'll need to 'summerize' your snow blower and get it put up for the season. That's when it'll hit.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #159 on: March 25, 2014, 10:16:12 PM »
NOW i understand why its going to be a high of 36 when I fly into Logan Boston tomorrow  ;D