Author Topic: Bilt winter glove review  (Read 1989 times)

Offline F-106

Bilt winter glove review
« on: December 10, 2011, 11:16:46 AM »
Bilt glove review

I have been looking to get a new set of winter gloves for a few months now. Like many of you I have been down this winter glove buying road before. The one thing I have found out in 30 years of riding in the cold months is you can not tell how well the glove will work till you get 30-40 miles into a ride. I bought a set of Bilt summer Victor gloves back in the spring and I was impressed with the overall quality. The saying “you get what you pay for “is always in the back of my mind when buying things like gloves. However, I decided to take a chance on the new Bilt line at cycle gear.

Last week I decided to go down to Cycle Gear and look at the Tempest gloves I saw for $19.99. I found a set and wore them home. It was only in the mid 60’s that day so it was no real test to speak of. However today it was 34deg this morning when I decided this would be a good day to test the new gloves. I rode out the drive and decided to go out for a country ride. As I left the city limits the temp dropped fast. Down to 26deg. I rode 40 miles and the new gloves felt good. Due to the connies great wind protection no wind was moving over my hands and the my hands felt warm. These $19.99 gloves are just a good as my $100.00 Tourmasters I have back at the house. One thing I did notice. If I put my hand out into the airflow my hand did get cold pretty fast. So, these might not work for riders on bikes with no hand protection. Overall I am pleased with the Tempest gloves by Bilt and would by them again. One thing I liked about these gloves is they fit under my jacket. The gantlet is not puffy so my jacket sleeves fit over them and I have freedom of movement in the wrist area. For $19.99 you can not go wrong and they come with a 5 year warranty
IN THRUST WE TRUST

Offline ljcorby

• COG#: 9359
Re: Bilt winter glove review
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 12:08:01 PM »
Glad to hear, I was looking at these as well.  Thanks.
10 Kawi Concours 14 ABS