Author Topic: SWMBOs as backup mechanic?? Who would have thought !!  (Read 3340 times)

Offline Awaz

• Arena
SWMBOs as backup mechanic?? Who would have thought !!
« on: May 20, 2013, 09:54:26 AM »
So, my back problem is getting worse. Somehow I managed to rip something on my pelvic area while jogging. Tell ya, getting old is just not fun. It is very painful, especially if I try to squat down or stand up after sitting for a bit. At any rate, there lies my motorcycle still missing the back wheel because I am not able to finish the job. Wife mentioned that there may be hail tonight and I said if we cannot get the back wheel on, the motorcycle is not moving anywhere and there is no room for your car. The next thing I know she volunteered to put the wheel back on for me ! I took a shovel and the old tire for leverage and lifted up the wheel (once it is right position) and she wriggled the thing into the final drive. Took her a bit, but she finally managed to put it in place. All I could do was just put one foot on the shovel to hold the wheel up. When it came time to tighten the nut and the allen bolt, I set her up with a long pipe to go over the ratchet. That gave her enough leverage to tighten them down ! So bike is all fixed up now and moved to make way for her car....the only sucky part is that I cannot ride it until I figure out what is going on with my right pelvic.
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Son of Pappy

Re: SWMBOs as backup mechanic?? Who would have thought !!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 10:17:24 AM »
First up, did you ever catch the guy you were chasing?  Only reason I can see an old guy (myself included) running ;D

And tell her we love her :-*  It is always great to read these moments and it is nothing short of pure love and adoration.
Thanks for sharing and let the police do the running ;)

Chet

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 10:17:28 AM »
She's a keeper!    :thumbs:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 10:50:41 AM »
First up, did you ever catch the guy you were chasing?  Only reason I can see an old guy (myself included) running ;D

And tell her we love her :-*  It is always great to read these moments and it is nothing short of pure love and adoration.
Thanks for sharing and let the police do the running ;)

Chet

I will share this with her - will earn some brownie points !  ;D

As for running, I am not THAT old - at least I thought I was not (have not hit 40 yet - by numbers). But I have been given an ultimatum to give up jogging for good. Any more, once I start jogging, I mess something up (ever since I hit the south side of 30 - or is that the north side?). First time was my foot, then my knee and now my pelvic. So yeah....time to hang those running shoes me thinks....sad though - I cannot swim and jogging was the best way to get some cardio real fast. Unless I get bored to gourd at the local gym doing the elliptical machine.
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Son of Pappy

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 10:55:30 AM »
Your'e never to old to learn to swim.  Wife has COPD and just can't/won't quit the butts (she has cut waaaaaaay down tho).  She does 100 laps at the YMCA 3 times a week, I manage to get 30-40.  Music helps, they have several waterproof players out there.  I also use the smaller swim flippers and web gloves to build strength as well.  Best form of cardio ever.

I asked my wife to help wrench once, she started out holding the flashlight and then offered to make a fresh pot of coffee.  She called from the door coffee was done ;D

Offline MrSkydriver

• Gregg Hackett
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 11:39:50 AM »
...try a bicycle!  :P
Gregg Hackett - MrSkydriver@gmail.com 
'08 Concours ZG 1400 '03 Aprilia Tuono RSV 1000
Santa Rosa, CA
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Offline mvjr1904

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 02:19:27 PM »
Wife's a keeper in my book. Try to stay active because it gets harded the older you get.
The last time I put gym shoes on was to wash the car....... and then I drove it to the car wash!
I need to be more active.  Now I just need to remember where I left my gym shoes.
2011 Silver C14 - Fastest
2002 Silver C10 - Fast
1994 Black FXDWG (because it didn't come in Silver)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 03:10:03 PM »
Wife's a keeper in my book. Try to stay active because it gets harded the older you get.
The last time I put gym shoes on was to wash the car....... and then I drove it to the car wash!
I need to be more active.  Now I just need to remember where I left my gym shoes.

Did you check your feet?    ;)

That's like looking all over for your glasses only to find them on top of your head.   8)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline jim_de_hunter

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2013, 05:40:48 PM »
She's a keeper!    :thumbs:

I told my wife about your wife putting on your tire.  My wife told me to get her number.

2006 ZG1000 "The Blue Monster"

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2013, 05:46:40 PM »
I told my wife about your wife putting on your tire.  My wife told me to get her number.

:rotflmao:

I bought her a Thank you card and a Teddy bear. She likes Teddy bears.
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2013, 04:22:10 AM »
My wife took the MSF course so that she could 'help' in the event of an emergency.  I asked her how that's going to help.  She said if I was incapacitated she could ride the bike to get help.  Now let me get this straight I said.  You're going to leave me on the cold hard ground while you ride off into the sunset.  Yep, she said.

To her credit, she's also help with some maintenance items as well such as holding Voyager forks while I was getting the caps back on.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2013, 04:38:26 AM »

I told my wife about this and she laughed and laughed.    :)

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2013, 01:28:41 PM »
My wife did the MSF course as well and had her own motorcycle for a while ( HD Sportster - she likes the bling). But decided she rather just get on the back of mine. She is itching to get a small 250cc though to putt around town. I have a 1980 KZ250 sitting in my garage ready to be fixed up - just have not got the time with all the other stuff that goes on.
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2013, 02:27:58 PM »
hmmm  I need to get a wife!? 
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Son of Pappy

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2013, 02:56:45 PM »
hmmm  I need to get a wife!? 
Well, in todays age of "Domestic Partners"? 

Offline BruceR

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2013, 03:00:55 PM »
I used to think my wife was a keeper but lately I'm starting to wonder.  :-\

First, when it came time to get her a new vehicle, she told me she wanted a new truck.  Cool, I think.  When she said she wanted 4 wheel drive too, I was all too ahppy to help her pick out a nice black Silverado.

Next, she told me she wanted to learn how to shoot a gun.  So off to the range we went, and we now have a nice set of Glock pistols in the house.

Well, the other night I started thinking.....she knows how to shoot and she has a vehicle that will get her waaay back in the brush where bodies can't be found.  If she asks me where my shovel is I'm just going to slip out the back door just to be safe.  :'(

Son of Pappy

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2013, 03:09:40 PM »
I used to think my wife was a keeper but lately I'm starting to wonder.  :-\

First, when it came time to get her a new vehicle, she told me she wanted a new truck.  Cool, I think.  When she said she wanted 4 wheel drive too, I was all too ahppy to help her pick out a nice black Silverado.

Next, she told me she wanted to learn how to shoot a gun.  So off to the range we went, and we now have a nice set of Glock pistols in the house.

Well, the other night I started thinking.....she knows how to shoot and she has a vehicle that will get her waaay back in the brush where bodies can't be found.  If she asks me where my shovel is I'm just going to slip out the back door just to be safe.  :'(
So, that explains why she wanted to know which was better for digging, a squared nose or rounded?   I recomended hiring a backhoe, digs deeper and far easier on the back ;D

Offline Conrad

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2013, 03:15:57 PM »
So, that explains why she wanted to know which was better for digging, a squared nose or rounded?   I recomended hiring a backhoe, digs deeper and far easier on the back ;D