Author Topic: Anyone tried velocity stacks?  (Read 5588 times)

Offline katata1100

Anyone tried velocity stacks?
« on: January 13, 2016, 11:12:19 PM »
Factory pro claims their velocity stacks will give 5hp gain on a c-14.

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
Re: Anyone tried velocity stacks?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 04:22:07 AM »
I haven't tried them, but I have had them on my Wish List for some time.

Here's the link to them (you'll have to scroll down a little): http://www.factorypro.com/index.htm

The "Midrange" ones are the ones that are recommended for the C-14.
I'm also interested in their "Shift Star Kit" (further down the page), but I know it's not really needed and the C-14 shifts great already.  8)
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 05:34:34 AM »
I see no mention of a velocity stack for a C14, only a ZX14, here:  http://www.factorypro.com/Prod_Pages/prodk96.html  and while that might fit, it might not.  And if it did fit, it might not act the same.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 06:12:30 AM »
Why? What else will you do to the engine?

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 12:26:26 PM »
Why? What else will you do to the engine?
Why not?  ;D
The Pope

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 02:20:30 PM »
Why not?  ;D
V stacks by themselves seems kind of futile. The 3 bills might be better spent on upgrading the ecu. Now if a man went to the trouble to install bigger throttle bodies, say out of a zx?, then the stacks would be an interesting experiment.  ;)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 03:31:33 PM »
V stacks by themselves seems kind of futile. The 3 bills might be better spent on upgrading the ecu. Now if a man went to the trouble to install bigger throttle bodies, say out of a zx?, then the stacks would be an interesting experiment.  ;)

+1
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2016, 04:25:56 AM »
I've already got the Guhl ECU Flash and I have ZX14 TB's as well. Guhl didn't have a verified fuel map for my setup, so he gave me one that he felt would be safe.
I've also got a PC-V w/Autotune.  8)
Once I get the fuel mapping to my liking, I'll get the ECU re-flashed.  ;D

So maybe now, you can understand why I'm interested in these.  ;)
The Pope

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2016, 05:05:35 AM »
I was thinking you had played a bit.  :thumbs:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2016, 05:38:27 AM »
I've already got the Guhl ECU Flash and I have ZX14 TB's as well.  I've also got a PC-V w/Autotune.  8)

What you need next is a new exhaust!  :)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2016, 05:55:16 AM »
Mr.Pope has an Akrapovic if memory serves.

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2016, 07:23:07 AM »
a full system or just a slip on? the slip on would be a waste of time for power production. OTOH, the AreaP unleashed GOBS of power. really. Steve

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2016, 11:33:26 AM »
Mr.Pope has an Akrapovic if memory serves.
a full system or just a slip on? the slip on would be a waste of time for power production. OTOH, the AreaP unleashed GOBS of power. really. Steve
Yes, I have a Full Length Akrapovic ZX14 Exhaust.  8)
The Pope

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2016, 11:52:25 AM »
and the dyno chart? Let's see what that baby makes before and after your tuning - Steve

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2016, 03:29:20 PM »
a full system or just a slip on?

"new exhaust" = manifold, pipes, and muffler.
"Slip-on" = muffler

the slip on would be a waste of time for power production.

+1 Yep

OTOH, the AreaP unleashed GOBS of power. really. Steve

:)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2016, 03:29:55 PM »
Yes, I have a Full Length Akrapovic ZX14 Exhaust.  8)

Coolness.

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2016, 04:10:29 AM »
and the dyno chart? Let's see what that baby makes before and after your tuning - Steve
Only butt dyno for now, but hopefully I'll be able to ride down to your place this summer and we can put it on the dyno that you've been using.  ;)
The Pope