Author Topic: I could just cry....  (Read 3280 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
I could just cry....
« on: June 28, 2014, 01:19:57 PM »
For joy.  Bought the WSBK video pass and can now watch all the SBK races.  Catching up on Phillip Island now.  BEIN Sport was too expensive to get on Directv so I bit the bullet and bought the SBK video pass.  I have to watch it on my PC small HD screen but it's better than nothing.  I've missed a sodden year of it after Speed dropped it. 

And Laverty wins race 1!   :banana

And doesn't win race 2  :censored:   His engine had a bit of an issue just when he was about to win again and didn't finish.    :censored: :censored: and double  :censored: !
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 08:47:09 AM by VirginiaJim »
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

Re: I could just cry....
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 07:11:32 AM »
Connect your laptop to the TV and you'll be all set.

My laptop has HDMI out and I hook it up to the TV when I wanna watch something online.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 08:14:49 AM »
For $35 you can get Chromecast and watch it using Chrome browser on your laptop and cast it to Chromecast on your TV through WiFi. I use Chromecast for everything now. Netflix, HBO go, youtube and anything I can look at on Chrome. In fact I mostly use my android phone for all those things and watch it in HD on my TV.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 08:44:24 AM »
Connect your laptop to the TV and you'll be all set.

My laptop has HDMI out and I hook it up to the TV when I wanna watch something online.

Brilliant!  You get a cookie!   :banana I just checked and I do have an HDMI port on my laptop and I have an Multi-HDMI box that I can hook into or just disconnect/reconnect an HDMI port.  I'll give that the old college try tonight.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 11:03:13 AM »
Brilliant!  You get a cookie! :shoot: :banana I just checked and I do have an HDMI port on my laptop and I have an Multi-HDMI box that I can hook into or just disconnect/reconnect an HDMI port.  I'll give that the old college try tonight.
hehehe damn banana

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 11:18:08 AM »
 :rotflmao:   You should have done this...but better stock up on ammo as I plan to use that banana quite a bit.

Brilliant!  You get a cookie!   :shoot:    :1DeadBanana I just checked and I do have an HDMI port on my laptop and I have an Multi-HDMI box that I can hook into or just disconnect/reconnect an HDMI port.  I'll give that the old college try tonight.

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 01:46:46 PM »
as I plan to use that banana quite a bit
:o

I use my :censored: banana quite often also, but don't feel it necessary to discuss in a public forum!      :P

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 01:50:00 PM »
Again with the 12 year olds..... :doh: ;)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 02:01:39 PM »
Again with the 12 year olds..... :doh: ;)

Says the head banana with the sword and shield...

;D :chugbeer:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 02:57:07 PM »
You got that right... :rotflmao:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2014, 06:54:51 AM »
Brilliant!  You get a cookie!   :banana I just checked and I do have an HDMI port on my laptop and I have an Multi-HDMI box that I can hook into or just disconnect/reconnect an HDMI port.  I'll give that the old college try tonight.

A banana cookie?  No thanks, make it a chocolate chip ok?

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2014, 08:19:40 AM »
Update.  I have a T430 Lenovo laptop that I use for work.  The HDMI port I thought I had was USB.  However, all is not lost.  The laptop has a mini displayport that will interface to HDMI with the right cable.  I've ordered one from Lenovo..  Stay tuned.  When it comes to interface cables I prefer using the accessories that are designed by them.  That way if I get into trouble I have a leg to stand on with support.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2014, 04:02:34 PM »
Thanks, C!  Used the converter cable and was able to connect the laptop to the large screen and saw the second race.  This makes me very happy indeed..................................................wait for it...wait for ...
.................................... :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana WSBK  :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

Offline Conrad

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2014, 04:47:01 AM »
 :1DeadBanana

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2014, 04:58:22 AM »
thank you

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2014, 12:51:07 PM »
There's more where they came from... ;D

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2014, 01:00:19 PM »
Bring'em on....

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2014, 01:20:48 PM »
Ohhhhhh, I'm scared..... ;)