Poll

Hit or Miss?

Hit
18 (75%)
Miss
6 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: A splash of color - Hit or Miss?  (Read 4092 times)

Offline Lone-Rider

A splash of color - Hit or Miss?
« on: July 08, 2012, 09:22:10 PM »
I get scrap pieces of 3M Reflective material from a local sign shop for cheap, use it to make my own Tail Brights, Helmet accents, etc. I used it on my old Connie and did a Sharktooth design ala WW II fighters, and thought I would use some to add a little color to my 2011 C14. Not the best lighting and just quick pics, but it is red and reflects amber with lights.

I thought the "fins" in the mid fairing would be a nice little accent so I cut some pieces up quick to see what it looked like.

What do y'all think?

« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 02:36:59 PM by Lone-Rider »

Offline EpicBadass

Re: A splash of color - Hit or Miss?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 09:59:46 PM »
Alright well;

1.  I prefer the red stripe
2.  I think it looks cool but for it to really work well I'd probably find some other parts you could accent with the red as well, otherwise to me they stand out a little at random.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 10:40:41 PM »
I think that it is a great idea. Don't get me wrong, I personally don't care for it, but the idea itself very good.
I'm clear as mud so far, right? For someone like me it's a great idea because I would use the black reflector
tape that shows up white under light (like these: http://www.realtimeindustries.com/products.php?product=Concours-14-{47}-GTR1400-Reflective-decals) .
For those that prefer a splash of color it seems like a good idea, but it might need some additional
red further back to visually balance the color. Maybe wrap the exposed sub-frame member that angles up and back from the foot peg
towards the bag? ...or something else. Having said all that...I'd call it a hit.
I haven't seen red reflector tape that shines orange/amber when hit with light 'til now, but then I need to get out more.

Offline Lone-Rider

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 11:25:12 PM »
I think that it is a great idea. Don't get me wrong, I personally don't care for it, but the idea itself very good.
I'm clear as mud so far, right? For someone like me it's a great idea because I would use the black reflector
tape that shows up white under light (like these: http://www.realtimeindustries.com/products.php?product=Concours-14-{47}-GTR1400-Reflective-decals) .
For those that prefer a splash of color it seems like a good idea, but it might need some additional
red further back to visually balance the color. Maybe wrap the exposed sub-frame member that angles up and back from the foot peg
towards the bag? ...or something else. Having said all that...I'd call it a hit.
I haven't seen red reflector tape that shines orange/amber when hit with light 'til now, but then I need to get out more.

I hear you about "balancing" the front/rear, I was thinking about putting it on the four ribs on the hard cases for just such a balance. Still trying to decide if I want to go with with it or not.

Offline ugocon

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 01:10:15 AM »
I like red ones.... but green would be far better!  ;D
Stand out from the crowd: do not buy a BMW !!!

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 09:28:54 AM »
What is needed is Black under normal light and Kawasaki Team Green under headlights.  8)
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline blue14

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 01:49:52 PM »
Do they have silver?
2010 C14, 2007 ZX14,  2004 KTM 300SXC

Offline Lone-Rider

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 02:04:42 PM »
Do they have silver?

The white is kinda silvery...

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 02:32:00 PM »
I like the yellow/orange look and agree with others that a little more in other places would be better.  I've added details to my bike which people seem to like when they see them in person, but I haven't gotten many positive responses with pictures.  I think it's nice to have some individual charactor to your bike instead of driving the exact same looking beast as everyone else.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 04:34:56 PM »
Me likey.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Slideways

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 11:06:58 PM »
Don't like the colors but like the concept, like very much acctually.

I have played around with vinyl and have to imagine getting the cuts and the application must be tricky. Could you offer some details about the process of cutting and applying?
If it can't be fixed with a hammer you can sure as hell teach it a lesson.
2008 ABS, Area P full system, Power Commander, Skene Design, Canyon Cages (personally tested, don't ask), Sargent low saddle, Tamer throttle tube, Cee Bailey Euro Tour, bar risers, Throttlemeister, Tech Spec,

Offline reesedp

• Sail Army
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 06:02:54 PM »
Thats-a-NICE!

Offline Fearless

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 08:08:28 PM »
I like what you have done (we think alike ;D This is my version from a couple of years ago. 8)

I get scrap pieces of 3M Reflective material from a local sign shop for cheap, use it to make my own Tail Brights, Helmet accents, etc. I used it on my old Connie and did a Sharktooth design ala WW II fighters, and thought I would use some to add a little color to my 2011 C14. Not the best lighting and just quick pics, but it is red and reflects amber with lights.

I thought the "fins" in the mid fairing would be a nice little accent so I cut some pieces up quick to see what it looked like.

What do y'all think?

« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 07:03:40 PM by Fearless »
2008 C14 - Flies out, Area-P full system, PCV