Author Topic: Bazooka is gone!  (Read 14220 times)

Offline Tahoe C14

• RED 14's RULE!
Re: Bazooka is gone!
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2011, 08:18:20 PM »
I too am looking to replace the stocker......however I want something that is just as quiet, was leaning
towards the Area P, but have heard that the Leo Vince is an option as well??
Not really looking to get a loud sound when twisting my right hand......those with aftermarket exhaust's
that are just as quiet as the stockers please chime in with your two cents!
Jim
2009 "RED" ABS 14

"These bikes just plain kick ass"

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2011, 06:55:50 AM »
I too am looking to replace the stocker......however I want something that is just as quiet, was leaning
towards the Area P, but have heard that the Leo Vince is an option as well??
Not really looking to get a loud sound when twisting my right hand......those with aftermarket exhaust'sthat are just as quiet as the stockers please chime in with your two cents!

That just simply does not exist.......but I will tell you that the Area P is almost unheard while cruising and very low/deep/mellow while at idle. Area P, Muzzy and Leo Vince are gonna be your quietest options.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline DaveO

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2011, 07:25:28 AM »
losing weight is always good.

Offline CEuler

• Have Fun, Ride Safe!!
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2011, 10:18:11 AM »
i m also looking to replace the OEM pipe. I just dont want something to loud.

I though the AREA P was the one. Problem is a cant get a dealer that sells thoses up here in Canada. Is there anything else on the market that can suit my needs?

To my knowledge, there isnt a "dealer" anywhere that sells the AreaP.  There is an aftermarken performance shop that sells them that is kind of "teamed up" with AreaP, but thats the only other place other than calling AreaP that you can get them.   I apologize, i cant remember their company name at this time. 

I will be going with AreaP!  I love the looks! and i like the kind of personal attention that you will get when you call to order.  A small company run by a family so you will be speaking with someone directly who in some way or another actually builds the exhaust.  However,  ;D, if i had the bones, i would throw them down on a Leo Vince in a  heartbeat!  Love the Leo Vince for looks, sound, etc.  But i will settle for the AreaP for the reasons mentioned above and in other posts where they are very close in sound at idle and sound like rocket when you romp on it!  Oh, and in stainless steel for that nice shiny look!  8)

Have Fun, Ride Safe!!

2008 Kawasaki C14
COG# 9399
ROK# 100027255

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2011, 10:22:31 AM »
Fuel Moto is the only retailer that sells areaP exhausts that I am aware of.

http://www.fuelmotousa.com/exhaust.htm
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline Truerider

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2011, 04:04:50 PM »
i m also looking to replace the OEM pipe. I just dont want something to loud.

I though the AREA P was the one. Problem is a cant get a dealer that sells thoses up here in Canada. Is there anything else on the market that can suit my needs?

Hi,
    Here is a copy of an e mail reply I sent to AreaP just yesterday.I'm also up here in Canada,so $60.00 shipping does not seem so bad.
  And as CEuler said "stainless steel for that nice shiny look" $395.00US.

"Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the inquiry.  Yes, we sell and ship directly. 

Price for the C-14 Slip-On with Carbon Fiber muffler is $450.00.  Price with Stainless Steel muffler is $395.00.  Shipping cost to Canada is $60.00.  We ship by USPS.

If you would like to place an order, we can send you an invoice via Paypal."

Sincerely,

Kerry Bryant
President - Area P, Inc.
Silent Sport N.A., Inc.
1240 Simon Circle, G/H
Anaheim, CA 92806
Ph - 714-630-2386
Fx - 714-630-2422
www.areapnolimits.com

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2011, 07:16:59 PM »
To my knowledge, there isnt a "dealer" anywhere that sells the AreaP.  There is an aftermarken performance shop that sells them that is kind of "teamed up" with AreaP, but thats the only other place other than calling AreaP that you can get them.   I apologize, i cant remember their company name at this time. 

I will be going with AreaP!  I love the looks! and i like the kind of personal attention that you will get when you call to order.  A small company run by a family so you will be speaking with someone directly who in some way or another actually builds the exhaust.  However,  ;D , if i had the bones, i would throw them down on a Leo Vince in a  heartbeat!  Love the Leo Vince for looks, sound, etc.  But i will settle for the AreaP for the reasons mentioned above and in other posts where they are very close in sound at idle and sound like rocket when you romp on it!  Oh, and in stainless steel for that nice shiny look!  8)

Have Fun, Ride Safe!!

I have owned Leo Vince before, they are a quality exhaust company for sure................but I have news for ya, they are not anything special or superior over an Area P "there is no settle". I would venture to say that Muzzy, Area P and Holeshot performance.....are some of the highest quality exhausts that money can buy. Area P is the "current" best deal in performance exhausts right now, they will not be staying at this price forever because they are worth a helluva lot more.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2011, 07:19:27 PM »
I have owned Leo Vince before, they are a quality exhaust company for sure................but I have news for ya, they are not anything special or superior over an Area P "there is no settle". I would venture to say that Muzzy, Area P and Holeshot performance.....are some of the highest quality exhausts that money can buy. Area P is the "current" best deal in performance exhausts right now, they will not be staying at this price forever because they are worth a helluva lot more.
Area-P also has slip on or full systems.
Most others don't.

Offline CEuler

• Have Fun, Ride Safe!!
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2011, 08:12:58 PM »
FuelMoto, thats it, Thanks Jeremy!

I appreciate the motivation Pokey!  I continuously hear that from people which is another reason im going for the AreaP.  I dont think i have heard anything negative about them!
2008 Kawasaki C14
COG# 9399
ROK# 100027255

Offline Kazairl

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2011, 11:39:47 PM »
Here is a side shot of My Carbon Fiber Leo Vince To help you make up your mind. Sound is pretty good. Nice deep and mellow and with the baffle in it isn't all that loud. At speed I couldn't hear it over the wind noise and my ear plugs.

With the baffle out it is noticeably louder cruising around town but not much louder when your going down the road.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2011, 05:36:18 AM »

+1 looks good, sounds great, and seems to be made very well.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2011, 08:45:11 AM »
So not tuning needed for slip-on, just when you go to the full system?

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2011, 08:55:36 AM »
What is the deal with the center stand with a lot these exhausts?   Do they not fit the existing center stand?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2011, 08:56:50 AM »
So not tuning needed for slip-on, just when you go to the full system?

Yes, no tuning required for just the slip on, it doesn't hurt to have tuning though.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2011, 08:59:53 AM »
What is the deal with the center stand with a lot these exhausts?   Do they not fit the existing center stand?

I can't speak for the other brands but for the Area P there's no problems. You have to remove the rubber center stand bumper from the old pipe and relocate it to the new, that was the hardest part for me. I'm not saying that it was all that hard, just the hardest part. The lil rubber bumper didn't want to compress enough to sqeeze into the hole. I had to convince it first.

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2011, 09:24:09 AM »
2 Bros is the same way.  Transfer the rubber bumper.  Pipe went on easy peasy.

Offline fogcutter

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2011, 09:55:12 AM »
+1 looks good, sounds great, and seems to be made very well.

So looking through a lot of options and reading the various forums, I too am almost convinced that I want the Area P slip on for the same performance/sound reasons.  For those who already have the Area P, do you get a lot of deceleration popping? 

Offline Conrad

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2011, 10:29:51 AM »
So looking through a lot of options and reading the various forums, I too am almost convinced that I want the Area P slip on for the same performance/sound reasons.  For those who already have the Area P, do you get a lot of deceleration popping?

I was a bit worried about the decel popping too. I was very pleasantly surprised though. For mine it wasn't really a popping but more like a growl when I'm engine braking. I actually like the sound.

Offline speed545

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2011, 08:15:10 PM »
Hi,
    Here is a copy of an e mail reply I sent to AreaP just yesterday.I'm also up here in Canada,so $60.00 shipping does not seem so bad.
  And as CEuler said "stainless steel for that nice shiny look" $395.00US.

"Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the inquiry.  Yes, we sell and ship directly. 

Price for the C-14 Slip-On with Carbon Fiber muffler is $450.00.  Price with Stainless Steel muffler is $395.00.  Shipping cost to Canada is $60.00.  We ship by USPS.

If you would like to place an order, we can send you an invoice via Paypal."

Sincerely,

Kerry Bryant
President - Area P, Inc.
Silent Sport N.A., Inc.
1240 Simon Circle, G/H
Anaheim, CA 92806
Ph - 714-630-2386
Fx - 714-630-2422
www.areapnolimits.com

That s awsome truerider. Thx
08, Concours 14
Montreal Fire Dept

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2011, 08:35:29 PM »
I was a bit worried about the decel popping too. I was very pleasantly surprised though. For mine it wasn't really a popping but more like a growl when I'm engine braking. I actually like the sound.

BIG +1!
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"