Author Topic: Helmet Cam purchase  (Read 1940 times)

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
Helmet Cam purchase
« on: December 06, 2011, 12:41:22 PM »
Well, it looks like I can have a helmet cam for christmas.  I know a little about them, but I figured i'd ask if anyone had any pros or cons on any specific models.  I don't want to spend a huge amount, and if you see any great sales or websites, let me know.  I'm thinking either the Contour or GoPro, 1080p, after that, i'm not sure.  Enlighten me....

P.S. - Anybody have a nice one for sale?
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline redzgrider

Re: Helmet Cam purchase
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 07:01:01 PM »
A couple of years ago Yamaha had one of their demo group leads with a Helmet Hero mounted to his helmet during demo rides, displaying the results on a big screen throughout the day. I was quite impressed, and bought one. Haven't used it nearly as much as I thought I would, mostly because the 2GB SD restriction is too limiting, and the button is much less workable than it seemed like it would be.
Long story short, I would look elsewhere than the Helmet Hero.

Offline sas mayhem

09 Connie
...try to live a day without doing one of the 5 D’s....Deny, Defer, Deflect, Discount and Deceit...tougher than it sounds....

Offline scott 2

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 05:24:31 PM »
Motorcycle Consumer News has a nice write up on several cameras for motorcycles this month.

Offline sas mayhem

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 04:22:05 PM »
Amazon has this killer deal that I could not pass up for the price, might be something for you if your still lookng. I've been eyeing these for a while. I'm glad I held off for a little bit. 89.99
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=pe_172710_22130790_pe_button/?docId=1000760861 don't forget to use the code 89ROAM89

Cheers
Ron
09 Connie
...try to live a day without doing one of the 5 D’s....Deny, Defer, Deflect, Discount and Deceit...tougher than it sounds....

Offline ljcorby

• COG#: 9359
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2011, 04:49:26 PM »
Wow, that's a great deal. I might have to jump on that one also.  Thx.
10 Kawi Concours 14 ABS

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, 08:28:40 PM »
Wow, that's a great deal. I might have to jump on that one also.  Thx.

+1
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.