The C10, aka Kawasaki Concours - The Original > The Bike - C10

Petcock?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Daytona_Mike:
Watch the videos and most definitely you will be able to remove and install your carbs yourself. It's a fact of life with carbs. Carbs need periodic servicing.  No getting around that.
If you are not able/ allowed to / not capable to do a bent valve test you should at the very least do a compression test. 
There are a lot of bike owners out there that are not even aware that they have a bent rod

MarkZ28:

--- Quote from: So Cal Joe on April 11, 2019, 08:48:55 PM ---I posted a few weeks back that I was going to look at a 98 Concous with 18000 miles on it.  Well I haven't got  around to looking at it yet but plan on it tomorrow or Saturday. He is asking $2500 for it. I know that I should have the petcock replaced since it is the original. He says it is in good working order but I know from what I have learned here about hydrolock that it can be bad and cause problems.. I know the ideal thing to do is have the overflow tubes installed but I don't want to or I'm not  capable of taking the carbs off to have that done. So is a new petcock the way to go is there an aftermarket one that is better?

I got a shut off valve but havent installed it, doing a carb rebuild and more. The petcock for a yamaha Raptor 660 is a direct bolt in petcock thats manually turned off. You will have to remember to turn it off or it wont do any good if the needle/seat leaks. We have a Suzuki Eiger 400 that has the same leaky vacuum petcock, same Raptor petcock is a direct bolt in for that also.
--- End quote ---

connie_rider:
Can you confirm your statement about the Raptor petcock?

I bought a valve to try on my C-10 last year.
   Was told here what to buy. I think it came off a Raptor.
      Wouldn't fit the Connie.
      I also called the guy that sells various petcocks and he said he had none {from another machine} that would fit a C-10.

NOTE: Looking on Ebay, the distance between holes on the Raptor is 34 mm and 44 mm on the Connie.
          I don't have a way to do a measurement, but that 10 mm difference is what I recall on my try..

Ride safe, Ted

MarkZ28:
Dang, from looking on ebay the ones listed for the concours were also 34 mm, like the Eiger and Raptor. I have a manual shutoff valve I was going to use on the C10, I know if fits the Eiger though.

MarkZ28:
Just checked the petcocks, it is different, not sure if its 10 mm but definately not the same, so svratch that idea. I may have to get murphs manual petcock kit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version