Author Topic: Digital display issues!  (Read 15175 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Digital display issues!
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2016, 10:15:12 AM »
Sigh...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2016, 10:31:10 AM »
Only here, Boys... Only here. 8)
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2016, 12:00:15 PM »
Hey guys, the dealer will have the bike for a little over a week! I am ok with not having it right now as I have tons of projects going on at the house. We are doing new floors, rock for landscaping etc. so I am very busy to say the least and would not be riding anyway. Yes the display will be new and show 0 miles on it and I thought the tires refreshed themselves when the display went back to 0! I'm not treading on thin ice here right? Or should I just roll with it instead of letting it wear on on me? Oh look at that, three puns right in a row! We all could get some serious mileage out of this.

Shouldn't you be out working on those projects instead of trying to be so puny here?   ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ZXShan, 2015 C14 ABS

• 2015 C14 ABS
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2016, 12:30:54 PM »
If I were at home I would say yes.
Quote: "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
-Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

Offline Diablo6v

« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2016, 12:33:11 PM »
FWIW i bought an ECU off of EBAY and had it programmed to my '09 with KDS. The mileage stayed the same. I swapped units back and forth as SISF was testing his flash.

• 2015 C14 ABS
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2016, 12:36:25 PM »
So your mileage stayed the same and someone else posted that when they got a new display the mileage went to 0. That is strange. The dealer did tell me that the mileage would be 0 but I would think they could program the correct mileage on the new unit. I will take pictures and upload once I get the bike back.
Quote: "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2016, 01:35:45 PM »
The bike only has 1200 miles on it for the life of me I don't think the new odometer mileage is gonna be an issue....  the bike ain't even broken in yet... :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2016, 02:59:19 PM »
So your mileage stayed the same and someone else posted that when they got a new display the mileage went to 0. That is strange.

No, he is agreeing with you and what the dealer said- that the mileage is not stored in the ECU, but is stored in the dashboard.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 06:58:10 PM by maxtog »
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2016, 03:06:09 PM »
The bike only has 1200 miles on it for the life of me I don't think the new odometer mileage is gonna be an issue....  the bike ain't even broken in yet... :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

LOL!  That is true.  But inquiring minds must know!!!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2016, 04:21:05 PM »
I already know.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

• 2015 C14 ABS
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2016, 10:28:06 AM »
Hello everyone, I picked up my bike on Sunday with the new digital display installed and showing "0" miles on it. My bike now has just over sixty miles on it which is how far it is from the dealer to my house. Thanks for all the input and I hope everyone had a great weekend!!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2016, 04:33:45 PM »
 :finger_fing11:

Glad your very unusual problem is solved, and at no costs too.  Thanks for the follow up posting!

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2016, 07:34:45 AM »
I just figured it out too. ;)
The grass isn't always greener.