Author Topic: New tires today!  (Read 3545 times)

Offline KawiG

New tires today!
« on: August 16, 2013, 02:18:06 PM »
New Pr3's for me today. She feels like she lost a couple hundred pounds.
Live Fast and Ride Free, when we're no longer free....Ride Fast.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: New tires today!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 02:35:58 PM »
DAMN you don't like second best tires either huh....

CONGRATS!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 04:14:48 PM »
Nothing quite like the feel of the bike on a new set of PR3's with the patina worn off. Puts a grin on my face. ;D

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 04:19:03 PM »
I am jealous.  STILL on yucky OEM tires....  I am hoping they wear out at a service interval so I can do everything at once.

And interestingly, like some others have reported, I am developing that strange "cupping" on the right side of the front tire.  I have seen that happen on my previous bikes.  Not sure I remember why that happens or if it has ever been explained.  (I think I am at around 7500 miles or so now).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 04:30:13 PM »
I am jealous.  STILL on yucky OEM tires....  I am hoping they wear out at a service interval so I can do everything at once.

And interestingly, like some others have reported, I am developing that strange "cupping" on the right side of the front tire.  I have seen that happen on my previous bikes.  Not sure I remember why that happens or if it has ever been explained.  (I think I am at around 7500 miles or so now).
There was a post not to long ago, a guy wanted oem takeoffs. Time to change.

Offline Cuda

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 05:00:20 PM »
Max at 7500 my front tire was bald on both sided , with real bad cupping, center was ok, the rear was about bald, the way your going you could get 12,000 out of them ;)
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 05:05:54 PM »

you must not ride much (they don;t last) and willing to endure pain over saving a dollar or two =)! 

I swapped my stockers they sucked so bad right after the 1000 mile fly and ride from the dealer in NJ to Tampa, FL
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Canada44

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 05:21:00 PM »
I love my PR3's. I have tried Pirelli ST and PR2's. I found they have lasted longer than ST and PR2's   
9000 Kms and lots of life left on tires.
2010 ABS C14

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 05:39:06 PM »

???  What are you waiting for? I'm confused, if you know they suck why keep em on?  ???

Offline KawiG

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 06:37:28 PM »
If I knew the bike would feel this much better I would have bought them sooner. Incredible difference! Honest feels much much lighter...crazy!

Offline KawiG

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2013, 07:05:19 PM »
Max it sounds like your right hand is stronger than your left...I put more weight on the right grip too. ;)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2013, 09:46:46 PM »

???  What are you waiting for? I'm confused, if you know they suck why keep em on?  ???

assist  ;D

Frugality is the quality of being frugal, sparing, thrifty, prudent or economical in the use of consumable resources such as food TIRES, time or money, and avoiding waste, lavishness or extravagance.[1][2][3][4]

In behavioral science, frugality has been defined as the tendency to acquire goods and services in a restrained manner, and resourceful use of already owned economic goods and services, to achieve a longer term goal.[5]

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2013, 10:29:14 PM »
Max at 7500 my front tire was bald on both sided , with real bad cupping, center was ok, the rear was about bald, the way your going you could get 12,000 out of them ;)

Oh jeez, don't say that
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2013, 10:30:46 PM »
you must be willing to endure pain over saving a dollar or two =)! 

I swapped my stockers they sucked so bad right after the 1000 mile fly and ride from the dealer

I am a sucker for pain.  But I REALLY hate service stuff, so if I can make one trip instead of two, I am sure to try very hard to make that happen.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2013, 10:34:22 PM »
assist  ;D

Frugality is the quality of being frugal, sparing, thrifty, prudent or economical in the use of consumable resources such as food TIRES, time or money, and avoiding waste, lavishness or extravagance.[1][2][3][4]

In behavioral science, frugality has been defined as the tendency to acquire goods and services in a restrained manner, and resourceful use of already owned economic goods and services, to achieve a longer term goal.[5]

I am very frugal indeed.  That is how I was able to buy this bike.... one check, out the door.  I will spend money on quality or things I need.  But it really is very difficult to spend money replacing something that still works.  Of course, the definition of "works" with the OEM tires varies greatly.

I think the cupping is probably the softer side compound wearing faster than the center stripe... which in my case seems odd, since I really don't corner all that hard or often.  With this wear pattern, I suspect the front is going to give out before the rear, which certainly doesn't fit with the "two rears to one front" saying.