Author Topic: Seat pad to stop sliding forward?  (Read 812 times)

Offline Dirtiegirtie

• Arena
Seat pad to stop sliding forward?
« on: August 27, 2021, 05:37:16 AM »
My Concours came to me with a Seth Laam seat. Is it comfortable? Honestly, I couldn't tell you... I kept sliding forward towards the tank. After reading on the subject, it seems to be a common theme with these sleds, especially the stock seat. I've always liked Corbin seats and it seems many folks with the Corbin modular seats say it cures the "tank slide" syndrome. So I started keeping an eye out on a used set. But in the mean time I read some reports about anti-slip pads helping, so I bought this one off of Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08XVT32FK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A day later I found the perfect Corbin set so I bought it. It should be here Friday. But the seat pad arrived Wednesday night, so I thought, "What the hell, I might as well give it a try."

For me, this cheap seat pad has really reduced the seat slide, dare I say eliminated it. And as it's been 90F and 130% humidity here, I can say you can actually feel the air passing under your bum. Is it really a 'pad'? No... it does NOTHING to make the seat more squishy or soft. But for $20 I whole-heartedly suggest this thing if you find yourself sliding towards the tank.

And now I'm going to have a dilemma on my hands in a few days... do I keep the Corbin or the Seth Laam? We shall see.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Seat pad to stop sliding forward?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2021, 03:07:18 PM »
My Concours came to me with a Seth Laam seat. Is it comfortable? Honestly, I couldn't tell you... I kept sliding forward towards the tank.

Welcome to the club :)
Seems to be a consistent complaint.  I have it too.  In my case, I can't do much about it because I can't raise the seat in any way (short legs).  Had to use a "low" seat to begin with, and the seat pans all slant forward.

After reading on the subject, it seems to be a common theme with these sleds, especially the stock seat.

Exactly.  The seat web thing looks somewhat interesting.  Not sure the edges would be comfortable, though.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc