Author Topic: 2012 Concours -- Too much money!  (Read 22716 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: 2012 Concours -- Too much money!
« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2012, 04:13:30 PM »
MSRP in Canada recently dropped $1,200 to 18,999. Yamaha has just announced a $3,200 drop on the FJR to $16,999. It will be interesting to see what Kawasaki Canada does to compete.

They might not have to do anything at all.  The Concours is just so much more of a bike, and with such a better warranty, it probably is under no threat from FJR sales.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline katata1100

« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2012, 07:22:16 PM »
They might not have to do anything at all.  The Concours is just so much more of a bike, and with such a better warranty, it probably is under no threat from FJR sales.

+1 on that. When I got my last year,I asked the dealer (who also sells Yamaha) how many buy the FJR instead of the C14. He told me zero partially because he won't keep an fjr on the floor. The reason being that he often has a C14 on the floor and compared to the C14, it would be hard to sell a Fjr.
Think about, they are close in price (FJR is $100 less, maybe) FJR has less power, no traction control, one less gear no tire sensors, less power and crappier warranty.

Offline MidlifeCrisis

« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2012, 10:33:45 PM »
+1 on that. When I got my last year,I asked the dealer (who also sells Yamaha) how many buy the FJR instead of the C14. He told me zero partially because he won't keep an fjr on the floor. The reason being that he often has a C14 on the floor and compared to the C14, it would be hard to sell a Fjr.
Think about, they are close in price (FJR is $100 less, maybe) FJR has less power, no traction control, one less gear no tire sensors, less power and crappier warranty.
Same at the local dealer here, which sells Yamaha and Kawasaki, plus others.
'09 Concours ABS, Candy Diamond Red
'08 Aprilia RSV1000R Factory, Red Lion
'05 GSXR600 (track bike)
'08 Suzuki S83 (selling)