Author Topic: Rotella T6 or Kawasaki S4 Synthetic  (Read 31938 times)

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
Re: Rotella T6 or Kawasaki S4 Synthetic
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2015, 05:06:01 AM »
But 42 is the  Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything.

That's funny...lol. "Forty Two" is actually a short two word saying in these parts, and I still do hear it once in a while...LOL>
It will often accompany a thumbs up or some such reply, "42 Buddy!!", or simply just "Forty Two".
My wife even says it sometimes as a reply. :o

It's a shortened version of the old "Ten Forty Two" which referred to the old unemployment insurance rules where after working 10 weeks you would qualify for 42 weeks of pay...LOL.

Back to the oil though...I think the Kawi S4 is a very safe and solid choice...and it's not expensive either. You may be able to save another 10% on another brand, but in the overall operational costs of the bike...it's really nothing. In my particular case, the Kawi dealer is actually the closest and most convenient place to buy motorcycle oil. I may be able to save another dollar or two, but other retailers are out of my way, and I try to avoid the mouth breathers and nose-pickers crowding the isles of Wal-Mart. ;D

Rem

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2015, 01:12:42 PM »
Bump for a worthy cause. Surely we can get this to 4 or more pages if we all pull together and pitch in.
I'm running Lucas 10-30 Synthetic motorcycle oil in my Connie, and 15-40 Mobil Delvac diesel oil in my ZX14R.
The only reason for different oil is what I've stocked up. I like to buy in bulk.

Oh yeah, just to add some more flavor to the mix, I only use Wix filters.
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2015, 01:47:04 PM »
Lucas??!!  Delvac??!! Wix??!!  :yikes:  Oh, the humanity!    :rotflmao:
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Frank ZZR

« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2015, 04:11:17 PM »
Lucas is waaaay to expensive here at almost $18.00 per litre. You would think that it would be cheaper here since we live on top of the darn stuff. 
2010 C 14 ABS
2008 ZX 250
2007 Vulcan 900 Custom
2002 ZZR 1200

Offline UhOh

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2015, 04:41:59 PM »
That's funny...lol. "Forty Two" is actually a short two word saying in these parts, and I still do hear it once in a while...LOL>
It will often accompany a thumbs up or some such reply, "42 Buddy!!", or simply just "Forty Two".
My wife even says it sometimes as a reply. :o

It's a shortened version of the old "Ten Forty Two" which referred to the old unemployment insurance rules where after working 10 weeks you would qualify for 42 weeks of pay...LOL.

I know the answer "42" because of the movie Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, the protagonists approach the largest megacomputer of the galaxy and demand, 'OK, you've been researching and studying the fundamental question of the universe for 5 generations; and we now want to hear what the answer is to our fundamental question: "What is the purpose of the universe and why are we here.?" '

And the megacomputer, after having shifted through all knowledge and understanding, replies: "The answer to that fundamental question you posed of the universe and your purpose in it is ... 42."

Now, enough with this trivia, back to oil!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2015, 04:47:06 PM »
Lucas??!!  Delvac??!! Wix??!!  :yikes:  Oh, the humanity!    :rotflmao:

Sigh...you beat me to it.

Page 4  :banana
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2015, 06:53:17 PM »
Rookies. ::)
The grass isn't always greener.

sailor_chic

« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2015, 09:27:21 PM »
I am looking at two drums of Delvac 15w40 right now here at work.  If I could only bring home a bucket of it. Could a 5 gal bucket of this be my carry on luggage or would I have to check this as baggage? Lol! 

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2015, 10:03:33 PM »
You can pick up 3 gallon jugs of any of the fleet oils at very reasonable prices. They are, IMO, the best value in motor oil anywhere on the planet. And you being so far south could make excellent use of them; the 15W (winter or cold weight) is a bit much in cooler climates but where you are it would be great oil IMO, year 'round.

Brian

I am looking at two drums of Delvac 15w40 right now here at work.  If I could only bring home a bucket of it. Could a 5 gal bucket of this be my carry on luggage or would I have to check this as baggage? Lol!
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2015, 05:31:58 PM »
Repost. Rotella T6  analysis report.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2015, 05:38:35 PM »

That Blackstone report is yet another reason  I lubs Rotella.... "Try 8,000 miles on the next oil interval" 
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2015, 05:45:25 PM »
:o anal redacted ?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2015, 07:09:48 PM »
That Blackstone report is yet another reason  I lubs Rotella.... "Try 8,000 miles on the next oil interval" 

The quoted factory change interval of 7500 miles isn't far off the mark, then.  Thanks for the feedback.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2015, 08:03:02 PM »
:o anal redacted ?
What a great name. If I could play guitar I'd start a rock band.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2015, 08:24:25 PM »
I don't EVER want to read a document that's been redacted that way .
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2015, 09:59:11 PM »
The quoted factory change interval of 7500 miles isn't far off the mark, then.  Thanks for the feedback.

yeah, but so many naysayers argue Rotella T6 is not the oil to do up to 7500 with. 

Thats as crazy as sayin' KiPass sux or such...  just sayn'   
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Frank ZZR

« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2015, 07:01:30 AM »
Thanks guys. I'm sure Rotella protects the engine just fine as I'm sure many other oils would. It's all the shifting issues that I've been reading about that concerns me. I hate notchy, clunky shifting.
2010 C 14 ABS
2008 ZX 250
2007 Vulcan 900 Custom
2002 ZZR 1200

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2015, 07:20:13 AM »
Thanks guys. I'm sure Rotella protects the engine just fine as I'm sure many other oils would. It's all the shifting issues that I've been reading about that concerns me. I hate notchy, clunky shifting.

Both my Zx14 and my C14 have shifted the same for me whether I use Rotella T6, or MOBIL 1, or any of the others I tried early on.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2015, 07:25:53 AM »
Both my Zx14 and my C14 have shifted the same for me whether I use Rotella T6, or MOBIL 1, or any of the others I tried early on.

+1  :thumbs:

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2015, 07:37:58 AM »

Try shifting w/o using the clutch..it's like buttah.