Author Topic: brake pads completely gone  (Read 15892 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: brake pads completely gone
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2013, 06:22:12 AM »
Probably a bit more agitated but yeah... ;)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2013, 07:56:06 AM »
Martin, please forgive me but I had to correct the spelling of break brake in your subject line.  It was driving me banannas crazy.

You know I cannot spell and rely on spell checker. Why doesn't spell checker work when entering the subject line? (not that it would have helped in this case)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2013, 09:45:46 AM »
DHAC...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2013, 10:24:19 AM »
DHAC...

Had to look that up. First response was Department of Health and Aged Care in Australia. But found the correct answer and I am often in that state ;)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2013, 10:26:01 AM »
Yep, wrong flag for that... ;)

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2013, 10:56:43 AM »
I just drove home with my new pads. Perfect. Now I don't have to pull the brake lever all the way to get some stopping. And no more noise, vibrations, nada.
And just to be scientific, I put her up to 150 mph a couple of times, just to check the... errrr... breaks  ;D
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2013, 11:18:26 AM »
 :D

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2013, 12:53:11 PM »
I just drove home with my new pads. Perfect. Now I don't have to pull the brake lever all the way to get some stopping. And no more noise, vibrations, nada.
And just to be scientific, I put her up to 150 mph a couple of times, just to check the... errrr... breaks  ;D

Gotta love those autobahns 8)

Offline PH14

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2013, 04:29:26 PM »

Good to hear. When my wife drives home with her new pads, there are always all sorts of noise and vibration. No amount of lever pulling stops it either.  :banghead:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2013, 07:32:28 PM »
Right!

Son of Pappy

Break pads Break Pads Break Pads Break Pads Break Pads, pads brake
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2013, 01:53:04 AM »
Break pads belong on break disks, unless of course they are broke, than they become broken break pads waiting for Jim to get a brake 8)  We kan diskuss kalipurs next.  They are associated with tyre bearing devices ;D ;D ;D

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
Re: Break pads Break Pads Break Pads Break Pads Break Pads, pads brake
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2013, 03:04:01 AM »
Break pads belong on break disks, unless of course they are broke, than they become broken break pads waiting for Jim to get a brake 8)  We kan diskuss kalipurs next.  They are associated with tyre bearing devices ;D ;D ;D

now that the UK folks have their site down, maybe some will drop by and teach us the right English (although they drive on the left... I'm sooo confused)
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2013, 04:15:05 AM »

>:( I'm keeping an eye on you  :battle:

Sauron's Magic Roundabout

Offline PH14

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2013, 08:26:12 AM »
now that the UK folks have their site down, maybe some will drop by and teach us the right English (although they drive on the left... I'm sooo confused)

Correct English.

Offline PH14

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2013, 08:27:18 AM »
Correct English.

Until one of them says, "idee-er."

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2013, 08:29:08 AM »
They can say what they want...I'm just glad they're here.

Offline PH14

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2013, 01:04:36 PM »

:thumbs:

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2013, 02:43:08 AM »
That's eye-dee-ahh, not eye-dee-arr.  ;)
I've been here for years! <LOL>
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2013, 03:40:16 AM »
You're English?  ;)

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2013, 02:51:56 PM »

LMAO (I thought LMAO meant Lick My Anal Orifice till corrected by the youth of today who inform me it stands for Laugh My Ass Off)

Question Time.........................If English is English how come todays essential (spell check) devises offer ...................................English (US)..............English (AUS)................English (CAN) (That will be French then!!!)...............................But never English (GB) ??????

The Brits are coming the Brits are coming......................we never left.................Hey how come we drive right on the left then and you drive wrong on the right then?????????????

Just as the date is 06/11/13.....................not what you guys write...........or should that be right or rite or wright etc etc....................Must get beer..............lovely beer   :chugbeer: :chugbeer: :chugbeer: