Author Topic: Omni-Cruise ...... anyone?  (Read 26314 times)

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
Re: Omni-Cruise ...... anyone?
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2013, 01:39:43 PM »
It is fairly generally accepted that "America" means "United States of America".  :P

please define "fairly generally"...
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline ljcorby

• COG#: 9359
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2013, 02:21:10 PM »
I will have her on the way in the morning gpete. Looking forward to your review!

Still 2 more at the 25% off price fellers, and ladies.

Any more at the 25% discount?  Just answered my own question.  I too have just purchased one at the discount.  I live in the northeast so I may not be able to test it for a while either, but I to will provide a review as soon as I can.  Thanks.
10 Kawi Concours 14 ABS

Offline WOTdesigns

• maker of OMNI-CRUISE
    • Omni-Cruise Universal Motorcycle Throttle Lock
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2013, 02:26:56 PM »
5 of 5 are gone, but I just opened it to ten and set it to expire tomorrow since I'm completely sold out at the moment. I'll have some back from powder and laser Thursday morning and will have all pending orders assembled and shipped on Thursday, so really I'm only one day behind.
Brian Carmicheal
maker of the OMNI-CRUISE universal throttle lock
www.omni-cruise.com  info@omni-cruise.com
ZGGTR discount of 12% available by PM - Response is usually instantish.

Offline OCK913

• Arena
    • The Orlando Riders Club
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2013, 03:23:41 PM »

Seriously??   I am pretty certain that the terms, America, USA, United States of America, etc.... are generally accepted to mean the same thing.

Oh, and .......
World English Dictionary definition

generally   
— adv   
1.  usually; as a rule 
2.  commonly or widely 
3.  without reference to specific details or facts; broadly 
            2009 Kawasaki C14 - Black

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2013, 03:50:12 PM »

Somewhat more than rarely generally, much more than infrequently, considerably less than always, close to usually.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2013, 06:13:48 AM »
Seriously??

Seriusly.
I was convinced that God talked Spanish... when I was 5.
What's your excuse?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 05:04:31 AM by martin_14 »
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2013, 06:21:01 AM »
He doesn't?

devilboy

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2013, 07:16:21 AM »
I just jumped in this am and placed order @  the discounted price.  Thanks for offering it and I will give you my honest review  as soon as it is installed. Looks good and initial responses are positive...

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2013, 07:36:36 AM »
I don't do paypal. No other option?

Offline WOTdesigns

• maker of OMNI-CRUISE
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2013, 08:05:47 AM »
Thank you devilboy, I am honestly blown away by the initial response myself. I always say I could stand on the street corner handing out free $20 bills and someone would bitch that it wasn't $100.  So far it seems people really like the design, and appreciate the time it takes to machine and build something so detailed... but works so simple. 

I'll have yours on the way tomorrow!
Brian Carmicheal

Offline WOTdesigns

• maker of OMNI-CRUISE
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2013, 08:12:25 AM »
I don't do paypal. No other option?

The order screen should give you two options: PayPal and Credit Card. Both are handled by PayPal, but the credit card option does not require a PayPal account. HOWEVER PayPal is a little weird sometimes if you have clicked the "Use PayPal" option then the Card option disappears. Dumb set up, but I cant change it without figuring out how to host the merchant page myself and I'm not that smart with HTML, yet.

If it keeps giving you a hard time just call me and I'll enter it all for you manually. I'm almost always available, but frequently have to call you back when I can step away from the running machines.

714-three96-four564

-Brian
Brian Carmicheal

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2013, 08:52:02 AM »
The order screen should give you two options: PayPal and Credit Card. Both are handled by PayPal, but the credit card option does not require a PayPal account. HOWEVER PayPal is a little weird sometimes if you have clicked the "Use PayPal" option then the Card option disappears. Dumb set up, but I cant change it without figuring out how to host the merchant page myself and I'm not that smart with HTML, yet.

If it keeps giving you a hard time just call me and I'll enter it all for you manually. I'm almost always available, but frequently have to call you back when I can step away from the running machines.

714-three96-four564

-Brian

Got it, thanks.

Offline AZBob

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2013, 10:29:48 AM »
Not to take away from the generous offer, just wondering if anyone has tried Throttlemeister? I have one for my CBR but I have yet to install it.

Offline WOTdesigns

• maker of OMNI-CRUISE
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2013, 10:44:29 AM »
Not to take away from the generous offer, just wondering if anyone has tried Throttlemeister? I have one for my CBR but I have yet to install it.

I have one on my c10 and actually love it.  (shhhh... don't tell anyone)

I found that by having a throttle rocker on also it makes it MUCH easier to engage and disengage by holding the throttle rocker with my thumb and grabbing the end,  to rotate it, with my pinky and ring finger.

It is a nice piece of equipment and the only one that I'm ever surprised when people tell me they are buying the Omni to replace. Some people say it slips, but I'm don't understand how (mine is solid as a rock), and others have said it didn't work with their grips or heated grips. I don't knock the competition, I believe they all have their place. Personally I think the throttle meister and my omni cruise are the only two I would personally ever use after having used everything in the market except that (AWESOME LOOKING)  break away. I have gone though the "crap mounted to my grip taking up an inch" and will never do it again.
Brian Carmicheal

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2013, 10:55:43 AM »
I've got a TM also. Just ordered the Omni and will keep the TM. Also tried the Cramp Buster. Didn't like it for the same reason.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2013, 03:12:35 PM »
Got mine today.  I really like the construction.  Again, might be a while before I can review it, but at least here is a nice photo proving it really exists :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gpete

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2013, 09:19:55 PM »
Also received today. Looks very well made. Will install this weekend. Hope to be able to get a quick ride in on Sunday. Live in the Kansas City area and the next few mornings look a little too chilly for me to ride to work - so it will have to wait.
2012 Arabian Red

Offline PlaynInPeoria

« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2013, 09:09:55 PM »
So what happens when I am riding with the OC locked and something bad happens very fast?  I would instinctively grab the front brake, so it looks like that would actually open the throttle?
2012 "root beer" C14 - unlinked brakes, reflash, LED headlights, Walmart orange city lights, LOUD horn, Laam seat, radar detector for ahem, reasons.
2013 Aprilia Tuono, 2009 CRF-150F

Offline WOTdesigns

• maker of OMNI-CRUISE
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2013, 10:01:50 PM »
Its very hard to type but amazingly easy to demonstrate on a bike. What you described as instinctive actually isn't. You naturally close the throttle first OR pull the clutch otherwise your rear end passes your front end real quick. AHHA!   :)    Its no instinctive you don't even know you do it but you always close the throttle first. With just about any throttle lock you have to slightly exaggerate that process which is natural after a few uses.

You might notice Motorcyclist Magazine pointed that out and I actually had an MSF instructor call me to ask how you can brake for a corner without reducing throttle first jokingly. Of course both loved the omni, but I also have told people if you have never used a throttle lock buy a cheap one first. it makes mine look better at full price :-)
Brian Carmicheal

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2013, 11:18:09 PM »
Its very hard to type but amazingly easy to demonstrate on a bike. What you described as instinctive actually isn't. You naturally close the throttle first OR pull the clutch otherwise your rear end passes your front end real quick. AHHA!   :)    Its no instinctive you don't even know you do it but you always close the throttle first. With just about any throttle lock you have to slightly exaggerate that process which is natural after a few uses.

You might notice Motorcyclist Magazine pointed that out and I actually had an MSF instructor call me to ask how you can brake for a corner without reducing throttle first jokingly. Of course both loved the omni, but I also have told people if you have never used a throttle lock buy a cheap one first. it makes mine look better at full price :-)

When my friend looked at the omni-lock design ( :) ) he had the same concern.  I explained that I expect the action of pulling the brake against the grip will make the omni want to open the throttle, but your hand has to pull against something to activate the brake, and that is the throttle.  So that should tend to prevent it from opening the throttle.  I have not tried it yet, but I can't imagine the omni is going to offer much resistance.