Concours 1400 (C14) FAQ > C-14, aka Concours-14 GTR 1400

Need a better rear tire

<< < (2/2)

Ghost Rider 2:
  The tire I ran was a 205 50 17 Pirelli Cinturato P7.   I was a test.  I really thought it was a good idea.  It proved me wrong.  I did not like it on the Connie.

Silverbullet65:
Thanks
I appreciate the information...
I was wondering if you were using it
On flatter highway riding or
Mountainous terrain?

Tree:
I thought that I'd like to give it a try also but I have reservations.  Specifically safety related concerns.  I would like to get away from spending $1000+ a year on rubber.  I replace the tires at least twice a year as I commute 25K miles and ride the hell out of it on the weekends.

Financial benefits aside I think the reason I haven't done it nor do I plan on doing it, ever, are the low speed handling issues I have read about.  It appears that the bike basically falls of off the edge of the tire very rapidly in a deep turn.  This bike is designed to run in a groove of sorts and a CT changes the handling characteristics to that of a tank.

Good luck in your search.

Silverbullet65:
Thanks for sharing your thoughts which
Have been a big influence
I’ve mounted a Michelin commander II
200/55/17 and like it so far
$150 shipped from ebay

just gone:

--- Quote from: Silverbullet65 on April 22, 2019, 05:30:28 AM ---Thanks for sharing your thoughts which
Have been a big influence
I’ve mounted a Michelin commander II
200/55/17 and like it so far
$150 shipped from ebay

--- End quote ---

Please be sure to come back here and let us know of your results using that tire, handling, mileage etc.
Thanking you  in advance Sb65. (to inspire some feelings of obligation?)  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version