Author Topic: 3 year warranty cost?  (Read 2839 times)

Offline feelergaugephil

3 year warranty cost?
« on: March 18, 2012, 06:57:36 PM »
How much is  3 year warranty cost? the 09 I just bought runs out I believe in Aug, and the dealer wants $600 ish...... does that sound about right?
Dont take my LOW post count as being a new Connie owner, I have been with the "other site" before it imploded........

13 Connie dressed in blue

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: 3 year warranty cost?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 07:10:46 PM »

Offline feelergaugephil

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 09:46:36 PM »
THX ZG
Dont take my LOW post count as being a new Connie owner, I have been with the "other site" before it imploded........

13 Connie dressed in blue

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 10:55:01 PM »
No worries bro, happy to help ya...

Offline Canada44

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 12:20:32 AM »
I asked  a local canadian dealer about an extended warranty and was told it would be around $900.00 for only 2 extra years. Any Canadians buy the extended warranty? What did it cost you? I wish I could get the deal offered in Florida!!!

2010 ABS C14

Offline mike-s4

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 07:56:30 AM »
I asked  a local canadian dealer about an extended warranty and was told it would be around $900.00 for only 2 extra years. Any Canadians buy the extended warranty? What did it cost you? I wish I could get the deal offered in Florida!!!

I got quotes from 3 kaw dealers in the Montreal area and they were all 900 or up. I emailed a US dealer selling the extended plan for 350 (ebay). He told me he could not sell the warranty on a Canadian bike. Kawasaki has blocked the serial numbers of Canadian bikes to US dealers to protect the Canadian dealers. 
Now if my bike breaks down when i'm traveling in the US, do i have to have it towed back to Canada for repair?
Another reason to buy your next bike south of the border. 

Offline Canada44

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 10:05:14 AM »
Thanks for the info Mike.  Good question about if you have a breakdown in the US. I believe if it is under warranty it would be covered in the US.  Your right another reason to shop in the US.

cheers
Paul
2010 ABS C14

ang

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 01:00:57 PM »
Remember if you buy your bike in the US and import it into Canada you will not have any warranty, US or in Canada.

Offline mike-s4

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 01:24:15 PM »
Remember if you buy your bike in the US and import it into Canada you will not have any warranty, US or in Canada.

You have a warranty in the country you bought it in. I live 30 minutes from 2 Kawasaki dealers in New York and Vermont. They will warranty the bike IN THE US.
 The Canadian dealers are spreading all kinds of lies to protect the gouging of Canadians.
They used to cry that the US dollar was stronger so their cost was higher. Now that the Canadian dollar is higher,, they cry that they don't have the volume of sales.  Nothing but BS.
Any Canadian dealers on this forum?   

ang

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 04:36:21 PM »
Mike, I was wondering if you had to have any warranty claims done on your bike through a US dealer. I bought my 2008 in the US, luckily I did not have to make any warranty claims, but was told by the US dealers that it was not under warranty as soon as it was imported into Canada. Was I getting the wrong info?