Author Topic: Engine guard bars  (Read 1083 times)

Offline Jake

Engine guard bars
« on: May 20, 2021, 02:02:34 PM »
In addition to saddle bag guard bars I am thinking of engine guards. RevZilla has a set for $290. Any knowledge of these and / or recommendations would be appreciated.

Offline BruceR

• Arena
Re: Engine guard bars
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2021, 02:41:40 PM »
I would check Murph's.  Gary has a lot of offerings for the C10.  Besides that, he's a great guy.

https://murphskits.com/concours-tip-over-bars-1/

Offline Domani

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2021, 12:58:18 AM »
BruceR Jake has a C14. I asked Gary about his C10 front tip over bars, no more (He still has rear bars). I'm not sure he'll ever get some again. The only way to get a front pair is to ask here or on FB for used ones.
After 2 months searching everywhere, I was lucky to find on FB COG Marketplace a brand new pair of front bars for 60$. I was ready to pay a lot more, as a local welder asked me 1250 euros (1500$) to make a pair !

Jake some guys here in Europe have those R&G racing bars and are happy with them. The installation doesn't need any piercing of the fairing.
I suggest you transfer the conversation to C14 topics it's in C10 subjects

Offline Stasch

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2021, 05:36:48 AM »
FYI this is in the C10 section.
Stan Visser - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - > C10 STUFF FOR SALE - Parts List

He IS a racer, hence the forward lean!!  by: Mettler1

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2021, 03:48:01 PM »
FYI this is in the C10 section.

It might be there also, but this thread is in C14.

As for the bars- we just had that discussion recently.  Of course, now I can't find it...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2021, 03:54:55 PM »
As for the bars- we just had that discussion recently.  Of course, now I can't find it...

Well, time has a way of getting away from me.  It was 7 months ago...

https://zggtr.org/index.php?topic=24736
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline BruceR

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2021, 09:14:50 PM »
Now that we're in the C14 section check out Top Block engine protectors.  Much nicer looking than the bathroom safety bars.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2021, 10:29:38 PM »
Now that we're in the C14 section check out Top Block engine protectors.  Much nicer looking than the bathroom safety bars.

Yep, flash from the past.  Much nicer looking, but probably much less protection, especially if not coupled with bag protection.

Offline sao5fogw

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2021, 11:00:52 PM »
I've bought R&G Racing Adventure Bars on RevZilla. The installation was easy and straightforward. I had no issues. What I like about those crash bars is that they have 3 points for attachment to the frame. Many crash bars have only 2 points for attachment. Unfortunately R&G does not make luggage bars. If you want both engine and luggage bars you can buy a set from T-Rex (but those have 2 points for attachment) or you can buy these R&G bars for engine and luggage bars from T-Rex.