Author Topic: Corbin trunk wire loom issue on a 2012 C-14  (Read 2827 times)

Offline BWDenver

Corbin trunk wire loom issue on a 2012 C-14
« on: February 21, 2016, 02:25:45 PM »
I'm trying to mount a Corbin C-14 trunk onto my 2012 C-14.  After I got the unit from an Ebay dealer, I discovered the trunk is for a 2008 bike.  While the bolts fit perfectly, the wiring is very different between the trunk wire loom and my bike.
So far I've managed to trigger an F1 error, but have not been able to figure out the wiring.

The Corbin loom has a black (ground) Red & Blue (presumably tail running light), and a Lt Green/Yellow and Dark Green lead.

There are no Lt Green/Yellow and dark green leads for the turn signals.  And No Black on the bike harness.

So far I've managed to get the tail lights working, but had to run the Corbin  black directly to the frame, and triggered an F1 in the process.

I've exchanged emails with Corbin, and they are clueless as to how to make it work.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Offline clogan

Re: Corbin trunk wire loom issue on a 2012 C-14
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 06:47:05 AM »
You would like to think Corbin would be nice enough to sell you the female side of their harness, along with wiring instructions. But I guess that's wishful thinking.

Edited to delete original thoughts; it's over my head!
2010 Neptune blue C14
2009 blue KLR
2013 DRZ400

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 09:37:03 AM »
I've exchanged emails with Corbin, and they are clueless as to how to make it work.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Kawasaki wiring colors:

Ground : Black with yellow stripe
Tail light : Red with blue stripe
Brake Light: Blue with red stripe
Left turn signal: Green
Right turn signal: Gray

I hope this is what you were asking, almost no accessory I've installed matched the colors of the wiring on the bike.
Get used to it as it will happen again. Despite the regrettable rumors that I might have started during the post about my Rostra install
years ago, I doubt there are any significant wire color differences between the 2008 and 2012  models at least on the same circuits. New features,
such as traction control switch, have been added but other wise I suspect no changes. The colors I noted were from a 2010 wiring diagram.
Doubtful the F1 is related, but then I don't actually know what wires you've been probing in your search for answers. I get an F1 after every time
I reconnect the battery.

(click to enlarge)

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 01:40:37 PM »
Nice job, FM! 8)
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 09:27:42 PM »
Nice job, FM! 8)

Thanks jim', just trying to be helpful. Credit goes to Fred Harmon as well. IIRC he colorized the C14 wiring diagram which IMO was huge improvement. It was almost impossible to follow the lines across the middle of it when they were all black without a ruler and magnifying glass, even then I had to do it two or three times to be sure I was still following the correct line.