Author Topic: Guhl's flash on Lee's brand new C14  (Read 31999 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Guhl's flash on Lee's brand new C14
« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2014, 05:05:42 PM »
When Don Guhl was working to crack the ecu there was some discussion of him doing this same thing. For whatever reason he opted out and just does the mail in reflash.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2014, 10:43:16 PM »
Guess who finally has the Ghul flashed ECU installed??!!! :) :) [...] I was a bit skeptical and was saying to myself "well, I don't really notice anything."  Then got to a main road and gave it some throttle and all I can say is "WOW".  [...]

And now guess who tripped the traction control for the very first time?
I was in second gear and decided to accelerate more quickly than my norm.  Broke the rear tire free just going straight and on a clean, dry road.  I blame it on the Guhl flash.

Kinda scared me at first, but it was actually more controlled and predictable than I expected such a thing would be.  I knew it was traction control because I glanced down the instant it happened and caught the message on the screen.

Neat.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #102 on: February 23, 2014, 06:34:44 AM »
And now guess who tripped the traction control for the very first time?
I was in second gear and decided to accelerate more quickly than my norm.  Broke the rear tire free just going straight and on a clean, dry road.  I blame it on the Guhl flash.

Kinda scared me at first, but it was actually more controlled and predictable than I expected such a thing would be.  I knew it was traction control because I glanced down the instant it happened and caught the message on the screen.

Neat.

Max, if you still have the stock 021 Crapstones on the bike, your are lucky you had T.C.- now you are playing with fire. You need a set of PR 4's to tame the Guhl demon.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #103 on: February 23, 2014, 07:00:36 AM »
Max, if you still have the stock 021 Crapstones on the bike, your are lucky you had T.C.- now you are playing with fire. You need a set of PR 4's to tame the Guhl demon.

Yep, I couldn't agree more.  Plus the front tire is looking pretty dead now.  It is time.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline capt chaos

« Reply #104 on: March 01, 2014, 12:25:33 PM »
I posted my ECU to Dynotronics,Inc dyno@dptune.com in Texas (wherever that is...). I emailed http://hilltopmotorcycles.co.uk/ at the time but I don't think they replied.

2010 GTR1400 Magnesium

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #105 on: March 01, 2014, 03:18:13 PM »
I posted my ECU to Dynotronics,Inc dyno@dptune.com in Texas (wherever that is...). I emailed http://hilltopmotorcycles.co.uk/ at the time but I don't think they replied.
Good luck.