Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 726908 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #2000 on: April 26, 2015, 07:30:14 PM »
An elephant in the only animal that cannot jump.

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

voileauciel

« Reply #2001 on: April 26, 2015, 11:03:24 PM »

Brian

Add rhinoceroses, hippopotamuses, and sloths to that list, according to #7 here.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2002 on: April 27, 2015, 04:17:27 AM »
and me.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2003 on: April 27, 2015, 04:44:32 AM »
Rode for coffee today. There was a guy there with a Hayabusa. I said that's a heck of a bike. He said "I only do 10 over". OK.... :o

But he gets to that 10 over really really fast. 
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #2004 on: April 28, 2015, 03:47:25 AM »

Brian

Aren't they also the only animal with four knees?...LOL>

Hey BDF, in my half-asleep morning commute to work, I heard "Rhode Island" in the news...

This guy is making the headlines:

http://www.timescolonist.com/rhode-island-man-gets-prison-after-4-drunken-driving-arrests-in-48-hours-he-hit-3-cars-tree-1.1866401

Not only am I not in New England, I'm not even in the USA...lol, and this guy still made the local news here...lol.

That's impressive. Rem.
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #2005 on: April 28, 2015, 04:46:21 AM »
Rode for coffee today. There was a guy there with a Hayabusa. I said that's a heck of a bike. He said "I only do 10 over". OK.... :o

But he gets to that 10 over really really fast. 
Never has gotten past 2nd gear.
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #2006 on: April 28, 2015, 07:07:54 AM »
The really great part about that whole article is where the 53 year old guy was released to the custody of his parents. "Mom, Dad, I'm hooooooooooommmmmmmm."  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Brian

Aren't they also the only animal with four knees?...LOL>

Hey BDF, in my half-asleep morning commute to work, I heard "Rhode Island" in the news...

This guy is making the headlines:

http://www.timescolonist.com/rhode-island-man-gets-prison-after-4-drunken-driving-arrests-in-48-hours-he-hit-3-cars-tree-1.1866401

Not only am I not in New England, I'm not even in the USA...lol, and this guy still made the local news here...lol.

That's impressive. Rem.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #2007 on: April 28, 2015, 07:11:16 AM »
The really great part about that whole article is where the 53 year old guy was released to the custody of his parents. "Mom, Dad, I'm hooooooooooommmmmmmm."  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Brian

Geeez, talk about failure to launch...LOL.
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #2008 on: April 28, 2015, 08:08:31 AM »
Stayed at an inn in Pennsylvania that was built in 1794, it is very nice and swathed in early U.S. history, the area was prominent in the "Whiskey Rebellion" where western PA farmers rebelled against a tax levied in 1791 on distilled spirits by President Washington to help pay for the War of Independence. It cause quite a ruckus and 13,000 troops were dispatched to the area to quell the insurrection. President Thomas Jefferson repealed it in 1801, and pushed forward the ideas of political parties in this country which was already happening but this incident seemed to have helped that movement. Kinda cool sitting in a pub built in 1794, sipping a shot of whiskey with the flag of the rebellion movement on the wall, and the original velum printed deed to the property owner framed above my head.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #2009 on: May 01, 2015, 08:31:33 PM »
Bat droppings are unique among mammals; they are not solid in form but hollow, made up of a bit of material mixed with dried saliva. Yep, bat guano is hollow and when squeezed (can I get a collective "Ewwwww"?) it will not compress but rather implodes into a small puff of dust. And it has virtually no odor although I am not sure about taste.

:yikes:

Brian (who is unfortunately learning all about bats though not through my choosing)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2010 on: May 02, 2015, 05:43:37 AM »
I have heard it's also an excellent medium for growing mushrooms.  ::)

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #2011 on: May 10, 2015, 03:36:53 PM »
It has been speculated that William Shakespeare worked on the King James version of the English translation of the bible. History has no record of this but the popular reference is: In the 46th psalm, the 46th word from the beginning is shake and the 46th word from the end is spear. Of course, William Shakespeare was 46 at the time of the King James translation.....

Brian

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2012 on: May 10, 2015, 03:55:54 PM »
I've been to St. James Park in London.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2013 on: May 11, 2015, 01:59:59 PM »
Bat droppings are unique among mammals; they are not solid in form but hollow, made up of a bit of material mixed with dried saliva. Yep, bat guano is hollow and when squeezed (can I get a collective "Ewwwww"?) it will not compress but rather implodes into a small puff of dust. And it has virtually no odor although I am not sure about taste.

Brian (who is unfortunately learning all about bats though not through my choosing)

Isn't also a good source of salt peter?

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #2014 on: May 13, 2015, 02:03:57 PM »

OK, it's taken me awhile to think about this, but I can find no info on hollow bat droppings...and just how does the saliva get mixed in with "a bit of material" (digested bugs and perhaps a few bat hairs from grooming) I'm assuming that you aren't referring to digested saliva (could probably find that in my droppings too).

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #2015 on: May 13, 2015, 02:37:55 PM »
OK, it's taken me awhile to think about this, but I can find no info on hollow bat droppings...and just how does the saliva get mixed in with "a bit of material" (digested bugs and perhaps a few bat hairs from grooming) I'm assuming that you aren't referring to digested saliva (could probably find that in my droppings too).

I'm glad I haven't spent any time thinking about this one.
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #2016 on: May 13, 2015, 03:11:18 PM »
I do not know but it is an excellent source of nitrogen, phosphate and potassium.

I can sell you some cheap if you want to try it out.... :-(

Brian

Isn't also a good source of salt peter?

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #2017 on: May 13, 2015, 03:17:33 PM »
Actually, the reason I know about this is a recent infestation of bats, which produce guano (bat droppings in this specific case). A gentleman who came to my house to diagnose the situation and present a solution(s) (read: run! Run for your life!) passed this information along and showed me how the droppings were indeed hollow. He claimed that actual rodent droppings are solid- I have not personally tested this but 1) I believe him as he seemed quite knowledgeable (read: not  10 lbs. of guano in a 5 lb. pound bag) and 2) I have no reason to doubt that he really knows his.... guano. Besides, it makes sense that a bat would produce little in the way of byproducts as they are the only mammal to fly and so must be genetically adapted to reduce both food consumption as well as waste.

I also learned from Batman, as I like to think of him, that bats are not rodents but a different species; the key is that bats have no incisors, which of course makes bat orthodontia so much less expensive than it is for the rest of us....

Brian

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #2018 on: May 13, 2015, 03:38:47 PM »
Unsinkable Sam (also known as Oskar or Oscar) was the nickname of an alleged German ship's cat who reportedly saw service in both the Kriegsmarine and Royal Navy during the Second World War, serving on board three vessels and surviving the sinking of all three
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #2019 on: May 13, 2015, 09:01:13 PM »
Unsinkable Sam (also known as Oskar or Oscar) was the nickname of an alleged German ship's cat who reportedly saw service in both the Kriegsmarine and Royal Navy during the Second World War, serving on board three vessels and surviving the sinking of all three

:finger_fing11: