Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 726604 times)

Son of Pappy

Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #1740 on: September 10, 2014, 03:49:29 PM »
Durf Wad.

(depending on what Steve gets that to mean in the urban dictionary)

:D

Brian
Did some searching-"D&*^" is not good, almost as bad as the "F" word, maybe even worser :o  ( Worser is a spin off of "Gooder"  ;) )

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1741 on: September 10, 2014, 07:21:19 PM »
Nah, it was on an episode of E.L.R. a bunch of years back on regular 'over the air' TV. It was specifically on the episode about PMS. You guys are making up a new urban legend.

Brian

Did some searching-"D&*^" is not good, almost as bad as the "F" word, maybe even worser :o  ( Worser is a spin off of "Gooder"  ;) )
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Clark Kent

• Arena
« Reply #1742 on: September 10, 2014, 07:29:24 PM »
It was announced to day that the word "homosexual" is now a bad word.  It hurt people so we can't use it anymore.

Like Midget, Retarded, Homosexual, Negro, Colored, etc, etc, etc.

Sorry, but where I live little people still, Midgets.  People with diminished  mental capacity are still Retarded.  Homosexuals are still Homosexuals.  Black people are still Negros and Colored people. 

None of those words are used in an offensive way.  To some people those words are just too old to be used.  AND, those people are still ASS HOLES where I live.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Now to the word> "DURF" 

http://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/nl/durf

I am close to a "DURF"  But since Superman is never afraid and never feels pain, I am not.  That being said:  Anyone trying to emulate me is in fact a "DURF"!  :finger_fing11:
A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it.  "SHANE"

Offline Gsun

« Reply #1743 on: September 10, 2014, 10:40:35 PM »

Sorry, but where I live little people still, Midgets.  People with diminished  mental capacity are still Retarded.  Homosexuals are still Homosexuals.  Black people are still Negros and Colored people. 

None of those words are used in an offensive way.  To some people those words are just too old to be used.  AND, those people are still ASS HOLES where I live.

__________________________________________________________________________________

:o

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
« Reply #1744 on: September 11, 2014, 05:24:32 AM »
They may not be able to jump but they can definitely wheelie.

Rhino, that is just too funny!!  ;D
2014 ZG1400 Concours COG memb# 8645

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1745 on: September 11, 2014, 07:18:24 AM »
It was announced to day that the word "homosexual" is now a bad word.  It hurt people so we can't use it anymore.

Like Midget, Retarded, Homosexual, Negro, Colored, etc, etc, etc.

Now to the word> "DURF" 

http://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/nl/durf

I am close to a "DURF"  But since Superman is never afraid and never feels pain, I am not.  That being said:  Anyone trying to emulate me is in fact a "DURF"!  :finger_fing11:

Now I know why you so rarely venture from the Arena.  ::)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1746 on: September 11, 2014, 07:23:28 AM »
Even if there is a mouse terrorizing it?  They jump in cartoons, you know.

They write songs about elephants jumping too.    :)

Aerosmith - Walkin' the Dog

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #1747 on: September 11, 2014, 09:21:13 PM »
Followed a Nissan Leaf today across the Bay Bridge into San Francisco.
Driver had his window down smoking a cigarette.

Hmmmmm

Then to pile irony on top of irony, he threw his butt onto the ground.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Gsun

« Reply #1748 on: September 11, 2014, 10:18:20 PM »
Yeah, but he did it using no gas! Idiot....

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1749 on: September 12, 2014, 07:02:54 AM »
Followed a Nissan Leaf today across the Bay Bridge into San Francisco.
Driver had his window down smoking a cigarette.

Hmmmmm

Then to pile irony on top of irony, he threw his butt onto the ground.

We need a green bumper sticker that says: "SAVE THE ASHTRAY"

Offline Clark Kent

• Arena
« Reply #1750 on: September 12, 2014, 09:06:21 AM »
Yeah, but he did it using no gas! Idiot....

You are correct.  The car used no gas.  But it took about 30% more fossil fuel to product the same amount of energy for the miles with the same weight and shape a car powered with gas could achieve.

In other words,  It takes 30% mores fossil fuel to make an electric car go the same distance a gas powered car go.

The only way an electric car is cheaper is the massive subsidies of the Fed. govt.

(check out solar and wind power sometime)  Pretty cheap, right?  It only cost 10 to 15 times as much to product 1k of power with wind and solar, but with Govt. subsidies it's cheaper.  Why do you think we have an 18T debt?   :banghead:

OH, I forgot to ask:   Did the Leaf make it across the bridge?  (you have to take range into consideration when driving a leaf.)  And that is a long bridge.  For an electric car it might just be:  A Bridge Too Far.  :rotflmao:  :chugbeer:

Offline rocknrod

• 2013 C14 - Blue
« Reply #1751 on: September 12, 2014, 09:18:30 AM »
...(check out solar and wind power sometime)  Pretty cheap, right?  It only cost 10 to 15 times as much to product 1k of power with wind and solar, but with Govt. subsidies it's cheaper.  Why do you think we have an 18T debt?   :banghead:...
You are correct - I am currently building a solar plant in Nevada the end cost will be over 10 times what a natural gas plant costs.
1 Billion Dollars for 100 Mega Watts of electricity. A natural gas plant would cost 100 Million for 100 mega watts.
Also the availability of the power is optimistically 1/3rd that of a natural gas plant due to weather and sunshine availability (night).
But hey, the government is funding it.
Master Chief, US Navy, Retired
2013 C14 Blue, Fenda Extenda, Radiator Screen, HeliBars, Glove Box Mod, 3M paint Protector, Rostra Cruise Control, TechSpec Tank Grips, Lowering Links and Side Stand, Front lowered, Lowered center stand, Balwin Seat.

Offline Clark Kent

• Arena
« Reply #1752 on: September 12, 2014, 11:30:53 AM »
You are correct - I am currently building a solar plant in Nevada the end cost will be over 10 times what a natural gas plant costs.
1 Billion Dollars for 100 Mega Watts of electricity. A natural gas plant would cost 100 Million for 100 mega watts.
Also the availability of the power is optimistically 1/3rd that of a natural gas plant due to weather and sunshine availability (night).
But hey, the government is funding it.  YEP,  That's where the 18 T debt comes in!  :banghead:

So the sad fact is:  Driving an Ele. car or Natural Gas powered car may save YOU money (the Fed. Govt is paying for your savings).   That means we are ALL paying for the Ele. and Natural Gas cars.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm not complaining about those who buy those kind of cars.  I'm just saying the folks who think they are helping the planet are kidding themselves.  The cars they buy don't help the planet.  They just allow the folks who buy them to feel good about themselves because they think they are helping the planet.   :nuts:  That being said:  They are saving a lot of money on gas.  (so if you want to have teeth marks on your knees, save gas, money (and the Planet  ;) just keep buying those cars.)  Remember, if you have an accident in one and try to crawl out of that car you may just get the "shock" of your life.   :chugbeer:

Offline rocknrod

• 2013 C14 - Blue
« Reply #1753 on: September 12, 2014, 01:15:47 PM »
It's all about feeling - No substance needed.
2013 C14 Blue, Fenda Extenda, Radiator Screen, HeliBars, Glove Box Mod, 3M paint Protector, Rostra Cruise Control, TechSpec Tank Grips, Lowering Links and Side Stand, Front lowered, Lowered center stand, Balwin Seat.

Offline rocknrod

• 2013 C14 - Blue
« Reply #1754 on: September 12, 2014, 01:20:55 PM »
Is there a way to block calls on a cell phone?

Son of Pappy

« Reply #1755 on: September 12, 2014, 02:17:27 PM »
Yes.  Remove the battery ;)

There is also a way to block the # after is has called you, each phone is slightly differant.  You can also call the "Do not call " registry, 1-888-382-1222.  31 days after calling any telemarketer that calls you is subject to fines, provided you do the steps to file a complaint.  I just got done re doing this as it is only effective for a couple years, or someone registers for something free in the mall or on the net.  Your number becomes free meat after someone does that...  You must call from each phone to get the registry block.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1756 on: September 12, 2014, 02:30:09 PM »

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1757 on: September 13, 2014, 06:35:29 AM »
Yes.  Remove the battery ;)

There is also a way to block the # after is has called you, each phone is slightly differant.  You can also call the "Do not call " registry, 1-888-382-1222.  31 days after calling any telemarketer that calls you is subject to fines, provided you do the steps to file a complaint.  I just got done re doing this as it is only effective for a couple years, or someone registers for something free in the mall or on the net.  Your number becomes free meat after someone does that...  You must call from each phone to get the registry block.

Good luck with that! The Do Not Call registry only works for companies who abide by the law. It does not work on 'Heather' from Credit Card Services.  >:(

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1758 on: September 13, 2014, 06:36:55 AM »

Verizon Wireless will let you block calls for free for a 90 day period. If you need details on how to do this let me know. 

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #1759 on: September 13, 2014, 08:12:53 AM »
Curious to know how much plastic, which is made with oil, is used to make an electric car weigh less. And by using electricity made by burning coal or oil aren't you just rearranging how you use energy, coal made electricity vs gasoline? What would be a break even point? Kind of like taking over 20 years to break even by driving a hybrid truck, or Porsche SUV. And while I'm at it, why do electric car have to be so goofy looking, as if the owners want everyone to know they are driving an electric car.........oh, never mind. Kind of like charity where celebrities get their photo taken while doling out turkey meals in the morning on Thanksgiving, then get into their Porsche SUV and go back to their million dollar home, while I just give money anonomously.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50