Author Topic: 1999 C10 EFI conversion. Firestone Colorado  (Read 1034 times)

gpineau

1999 C10 EFI conversion. Firestone Colorado
« on: August 03, 2021, 07:43:25 AM »
1999 C10 EFI conversion. Firestone Colorado. 303-888-0791 text or voice mail. I do not answer my phone EVER.

This is a 1999 Kawasaki Concours. Ran well as a carbureted bike but  I spent almost a year converting this bike from stock carburetors to Fuel Injection.   

I have installed lowering links that make the bike adjustable to your height. I have also lowered the seat by 1 inch. 
See it running:  https://youtu.be/o6bZVoongNc?t=39

The Bike uses the Throttle bodies off a ZG1400 and the injectors off a Z1000. 

The ECU is a speeduino open source/open hardware design.  I wrote special firmware for the ECU to control the secondary throttle plates.  It is loaded with the latest firmware release plus my modifications. 

I have tuned it on the open roads for the past month and I am satisfied with the performance. But if you want to tinker with it all it takes to tune is a laptop/tablet PC and USB port.

I kept all the parts I removed and I also have the hard saddle bags I will throw in.
Asking $1,500 OBO.  one of these bikes have to go. I have a second one ready soon, also EFI  and is converted to a cafe' racer.  Far right in the photo.

Purchasing and repairing older bikes is a hobby of mine. I make enough money on the transactions to fund my next project. The conversion from carbs to EFI was an expensive learning process. I will not profit from these sales. But now I have a method and a knowledge base, future projects should not be as expensive. 
In the photo it is the 3rd from the left.

Offline speedracersworld

• 817-821-0448
    • Speedracersworld
Re: 1999 C10 EFI conversion. Firestone Colorado
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2021, 09:10:55 AM »
Brilliant!!
There's more to Life than the Mainstream Media or "Reality" TV! Question Everything!

2008 Atomic Silver C-14