Author Topic: Chev Volt vs VW TDI  (Read 10760 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: Chev Volt vs VW TDI
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2013, 06:11:22 AM »
Just completed the 40k yesterday - it cost $696. I got it done at Luther Westside Volkswagen in Minneapolis.

What all was included for that price?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2013, 06:44:18 AM »
$100 for service is a lot IMHO.
I've had cars in the past that the service tech says you need $800 for tires $250 for brakes and---Say no more. Traded.

Joel from Maine.

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2013, 12:40:37 PM »
What is included in that service?

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2013, 01:17:37 PM »
I see $65.00 for an oil/filter change. They check the tire pressure and add if needed. Wash and vacuum the car. They also do a multi-point inspection.
Joel from Maine.

Offline Mr Orange

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2013, 02:09:04 PM »
My brother picked up on older Jetta TDI with 180k on the clock and he is regularly get 550 miles to the tank.

A little off topic but I'm looking forward to the new Golf GTD coming over. Maybe I'l finally replace my 03 Focus SVT.

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2014-volkswagen-gtd-diesel-photos-and-info-car-news

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2013, 05:33:59 PM »
My brother picked up on older Jetta TDI with 180k on the clock and he is regularly get 550 miles to the tank.

A little off topic but I'm looking forward to the new Golf GTD coming over. Maybe I'l finally replace my 03 Focus SVT.

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2014-volkswagen-gtd-diesel-photos-and-info-car-news
That car would be nice. Even nicer if they only did the engine improvements and left the rest alone. They'll show up with a $40,000 sticker by the time they are done.
Joel from Maine.

Offline Cuda

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2013, 06:31:44 PM »
I'm looking for a 2009 - 2011 wagon  low miles southern car , white or  silver no hurry , not going to spend $30,000 to save $ on fuel , just put 1,700 miles on my 04 high-top Chevy  conversion van last weekend 13mpg pulling my race boat at 72-74mph , just might get a VW suv with the 6cy TDI if I can find a deal , they tend to hold their value.
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline julianop

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2013, 08:23:24 PM »
What all was included for that price?

I'm out of town at the moment, Conrad, but I'll copy it across when I'm back home at the weekend.
Julian.
Elk River, MN.
Seasonal Temporal Navigational Disorder - that inexplicable but wholly satisfying affliction that causes one to lose the ability to drive a motorcycle straight home after work in the summer months, despite the apparent ability to make the reverse journey that same morning.

Offline julianop

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2013, 08:24:24 PM »
What is included in that service?

As above, Tim, I'll detail it when I get back home on Friday night.
Julian.
Elk River, MN.
Seasonal Temporal Navigational Disorder - that inexplicable but wholly satisfying affliction that causes one to lose the ability to drive a motorcycle straight home after work in the summer months, despite the apparent ability to make the reverse journey that same morning.

Offline julianop

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2013, 08:28:57 PM »

I do the round trip from Elk River MN to Rockford IL and back - 720 miles and change - on one tank in my 2012 TDI Passat, driving at 68 - 69 mph. At 46 mpg That's almost exactly twice the mileage I get from my '03 Audi A6 2.7 bi-turbo at 72.

Ya just can't complain at that.
Julian.
Elk River, MN.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2013, 09:32:58 PM »

^^^^^^^^that
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine