Author Topic: My mini Dachshund was attacked by a Rottweiler  (Read 22063 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: My mini Dachshund was attacked by a Rottweiler
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2012, 01:31:19 PM »
I'm so glad your dog is healing.  The lady should be jumping for joy you didn't do what some may have...the Rot or your dog wasn't at fault so she really should be happy.

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Conrad

« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2012, 01:43:29 PM »
Thanks Steve, I wouldn't have bothered with the shovel.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Shadowofshoe

• Arena
  • Mastiff pup/human pup
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2012, 02:19:48 PM »
SOP-fixed it for ya!

C-great news on the mending-I'll have my peaceful English Mastiffs continuing their "doggy prayers"...they hate to see anything hurt-but I wonder what would happen if they ever caught the squirrel they haul ass after every morn  :o

Well, I reckon Boscoe is holding true to the old adage, "It aint the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog"!

Great news C, give her butt a good scratch for me!!
Sooooo....we are about to be a Nation that makes you prove you have insurance-but it's not necessary to prove that you are indeed a Citizen of that Nation?

Offline Timalan

• www.thismotorcyclelife.net
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2012, 02:58:40 PM »
I had been carrying pepper spray after I read tazer was deadly to most dogs... I quit carrying the pepper spray,,, Now I am doing it again.  I read it on the internet. So it must work?

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2012, 03:21:21 PM »
I had been carrying pepper spray after I read tazer was deadly to most dogs... I quit carrying the pepper spray,,, Now I am doing it again.  I read it on the internet. So it must work?

For some reason I just can't see Pepper Spray working on a Pitt who's clamped onto another dog.
Maybe to scare them away before they get there though.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Timalan

« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2012, 07:21:59 PM »
For some reason I just can't see Pepper Spray working on a Pitt who's clamped onto another dog.
Maybe to scare them away before they get there though.
Yeah i had the same thought... When i read it.  After the shepherd attacked our weiner. . .  And found out two people kicking the crap out of it did nothing. I dont really wanna test it.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2012, 07:29:56 PM »
Pepper spray works to deter big dogs, you just have to get off the "X" either while you are spraying or immediately after.  The key is using it before there is a problem and having good situational awareness so that you don't spray any bystanders, or end up contaminating yourself because you forgot to account for wind (not the end of the world but it will clear out your sinuses).
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2012, 04:48:04 AM »
SOP-fixed it for ya!

C-great news on the mending-I'll have my peaceful English Mastiffs continuing their "doggy prayers"...they hate to see anything hurt-but I wonder what would happen if they ever caught the squirrel they haul ass after every morn  :o

Believe me, Bosco has plenty of fight in her, way more than is good for her. It didn't matter when the other dog outweighs her by 110 lbs.

We had to take her back to the vet yesterday. She popped one of her stitches, the vet fixed her up.

Thanks for the doggy prayers.    :)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2012, 06:02:29 PM »
Believe me, Bosco has plenty of fight in her, way more than is good for her. It didn't matter when the other dog outweighs her by 110 lbs.

We had to take her back to the vet yesterday. She popped one of her stitches, the vet fixed her up.

Thanks for the doggy prayers.    :)

Funny how that works some of the smallest dogs seem to have the absolute biggest set of brass cojones when it comes to squaring off with another dog namely bigger ones.... Not all are this way but the Pomeranian seems to think it is an African Lion despite being a dust mop with a perm job.

Glad to hear the Bosco is well on the mend!  :)
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline rush2112

• Arena
« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2012, 05:53:52 PM »
Just something warm and fuzzy about a 1911 in Condition-1. Cocked and locked baby!!!!

Glad Bosco's doing better!

I'm so glad your dog is healing.  The lady should be jumping for joy you didn't do what some may have...the Rot or your dog wasn't at fault so she really should be happy.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

Offline Conrad

« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2012, 05:29:21 AM »
Bosco had her 10 day exam over the weekend and she's doing great. The vet is very surprised at her progress. She goes back next week to have her stitches removed.

She's even feeling well enough to take the chew bones away from our other two dogs.    :D

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2012, 05:41:18 AM »
 :thumbs:

Son of Pappy

« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2012, 07:02:34 AM »
Bosco had her 10 day exam over the weekend and she's doing great. The vet is very surprised at her progress. She goes back next week to have her stitches removed.

She's even feeling well enough to take the chew bones away from our other two dogs.    :D
Isn't it amazing at how well they heal?  Great news indeed!!

Offline shakespeare

« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2012, 07:55:27 AM »
That is a horrifying story, I can't even imagine. I am so happy she has recovered!
Dan in South Jersey (formerly danielcombs)

Offline DonB

• Let's Ride
« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2012, 08:15:46 AM »
GREAT news that she is on the mend. I can hardly imagine what you have gone through to get to this point. again I am very happy the out come is looking good.
give her a pat and treat from another dog lover
2012 Candy Arabian Red C14 but it's not Red to me
2012 Blue ABS Wing
2011 White Vstrom                               = o&o>

Offline Conrad

« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2012, 08:37:10 AM »
I just got a call from the owner of the Rottie, they had the dog euthanized this morning. More bad news, it didn't make me feel any better, just the opposite...

Offline DonB

• Let's Ride
« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2012, 08:41:26 AM »
you have to feel for them. I am sure that was a very hard decision to make. I guess a lot depends on past history with the Rott
but am sure it was hard for them.
2012 Candy Arabian Red C14 but it's not Red to me
2012 Blue ABS Wing
2011 White Vstrom                               = o&o>

Offline Elfmaze

« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2012, 09:10:26 AM »
(not the end of the world but it will clear out your sinuses).

I was wrestling with a crazy ex one day and she jokingly sprayed our pepprer spray into the carpet next to us,  just a quick spritz.  She thought as long as it didn't hit you, you were good............

about two seconds after she sprayed it we stopped wrestling and we could see the terror come across each others faces as the gas hit us.  I spent three hours trying to get my eyes open as mucas spilled from my nose and mouth, The house had to be evacuate, everyone was coughing.

And for three days after every-once in a while I would brush my eye and there must have been something still in my tear duct because eyes slam shut for another half an hour. 

I know dogs are tough,  but get that in there nose and eyes.....  then again I may be underestimating there determination.   Plus the collateral damage might be bad too. 

Fox labs pepper spray was used in this case.

Offline Timalan

« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2012, 10:17:39 AM »
I was wrestling with a crazy ex one day and she jokingly sprayed our pepprer spray into the carpet next to us,  just a quick spritz.  She thought as long as it didn't hit you, you were good............

about two seconds after she sprayed it we stopped wrestling and we could see the terror come across each others faces as the gas hit us.  I spent three hours trying to get my eyes open as mucas spilled from my nose and mouth, The house had to be evacuate, everyone was coughing.

And for three days after every-once in a while I would brush my eye and there must have been something still in my tear duct because eyes slam shut for another half an hour. 

I know dogs are tough,  but get that in there nose and eyes.....  then again I may be underestimating there determination.   Plus the collateral damage might be bad too. 

Fox labs pepper spray was used in this case.
I don't know about it's use on dogs either. But one day at church a 7 yearold found a bottle in a random Lady's purse and preceded to empty it into the air... Building had to be evacuated. and  aired out. It was pretty bad???

Offline Timalan

« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2012, 10:19:07 AM »
And Boo for the Rott  and its owners and Glad your dog continues to recover!