Author Topic: Bike cover  (Read 2683 times)

Offline sakijockey

Bike cover
« on: July 31, 2014, 11:26:33 AM »
Hey Gang. I tried the search function with no luck. However, I'm a self admitted computer dud.

Anyway, I need to buy a good, outdoor cover for my '92 ZG1000. I've been looking around the web and not sure what kind to buy. I'm looking for one that will withstand rain, wind, sun, snow, all types of weather. As well as one that will cover the entire bike, saddle bags and trunk included. What do you use?

TIA
  Luke

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
Re: Bike cover
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 12:20:27 PM »
I always used the X-Large $20 cover from Walmart.  They hold up nicely for about 2 years and fold/roll down to a pretty small size.  I used to just take it off and throw it in the back of the pick-up because it usually had dew on it.  It would be dry when I got home.  The main enemy of the bike is sunlight not rain.  Now mine gets to live in a garage again (sometimes with a cover on it too).

If freezing rain was expected I would usually take it off so it wouldn't tear to pieces or stick to the windshield.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 08:32:51 PM »
Dowco X-large. Has a cotton liner for the windshield area and an elastic cord around the bottom. Covers the large Givi trunk, the panniers and slips over the muffler. Not the cheapest (about $90) but darned nice.
2014 C-14 Red

Offline sakijockey

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 12:49:26 PM »
Thanks for the input guys. I bought the Dowco XL for $55 free shipping at revzilla.com.

Offline sakijockey

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 01:13:22 PM »
I put it on today and it fits perfectly. I see an issue packing it back up. But no matter. Thanks for the tip, Ron.

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 06:01:51 PM »
 ;)
2014 C-14 Red