Author Topic: First (group) ride of the season!  (Read 1315 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
First (group) ride of the season!
« on: May 03, 2014, 08:54:15 AM »
Well, here we are, finally, on 3 May and it is finally a nice enough to ride! Temps. are in the mid- 60's, it is sunny and the only thing adding any challenge is all the sand on the roads. But hey, it should be a great ride....

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
Re: First (group) ride of the season!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 04:13:35 PM »
well?

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :yikes: :yikes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :popcorn: :popcorn:

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: First (group) ride of the season!
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 05:24:54 PM »
Well..... it was outstanding!  Beautiful day, high 60's, sunny and the roads were even clear of sand. We had about 12 or 14 people show up, from as far away as NJ (!), one new guy and the rest familiar faces. Had lunch, went for a ride and then got ice cream; good thing too 'cause most of us are Concours riders are dangerously undernourished.  ::)  One small incident when one of dimmer guys in the group left his ignition on but another gentleman pointed it out after a fashion and my.... er, that bike started though it cranked slowly :-( In his defense, he was preoccupied with another Zumo failure and that is what distracted him from paying attention to the ignition condition. And of course, the bike normally wears a 'ignition left on' warning buzzer but that is off the bike at the moment as it is involved in conjuring up a new circuit- oh, the irony.

Great time with great folks and we could not ask for a better kick- off to the season.

Brian

well?

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :yikes: :yikes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com