Author Topic: air wings for your hands  (Read 43417 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: air wings for your hands
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2011, 10:09:36 AM »
I believe they are the same at the bottom. Pics are always good but I take your word for it. How do you like them for coverage?

I love em, I wish that I had bought them sooner than I did. I went though one season without them.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline PH14

« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2011, 11:10:32 AM »
I love em, I wish that I had bought them sooner than I did. I went though one season without them.

Those look nice. I am only concerned that yours is obviously a 2010 or later model and mine is a 2009. What color are those? I see they have smoked black and smoked gray.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2011, 11:23:09 AM »
Those look nice. I am only concerned that yours is obviously a 2010 or later model and mine is a 2009. What color are those? I see they have smoked black and smoked gray.

No sir, that's my '08. They called those light smoke, so I guess it's the smoked gray.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline PH14

« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2011, 11:33:14 AM »
No sir, that's my '08. They called those light smoke, so I guess it's the smoked gray.

Hahahaha, well, I have been looking at pictures of the bike taken from the front with those deflectors on it and I keep thinking, "What are those weird vents on the mirror brackets? Must be a 2010." I guess I never look at my bike from the front. I just looked at mine and my bike looks just like the pictures. lol Keep in mind I have had the bike for a year and a half and have 17,600 miles on it, but have only washed it once. That may be why.

Thanks for the info and the pic.

Offline PH14

« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2011, 11:39:25 AM »
Okay, I just ordered them in the fume' noir, or black. Thanks!

Offline ljcorby

• COG#: 9359
« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2011, 11:43:24 AM »
anyone know how long it takes to get the Motax hand deflectors into the US?
10 Kawi Concours 14 ABS

Offline Conrad

« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2011, 11:50:08 AM »
anyone know how long it takes to get the Motax hand deflectors into the US?

We did a group order on these and I'm thinking that it was around 7 - 10 days total.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2011, 12:38:33 PM »
Okay, I just ordered them in the fume' noir, or black. Thanks!

noir is fastest!  ;D

Offline Conrad

« Reply #88 on: December 02, 2011, 01:25:30 PM »

noir is fastest!  ;D

If you order black it will prolly take two weeks shipping  :o

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2011, 01:28:01 PM »

:rotflmao: :grouphug:

Offline PH14

« Reply #90 on: December 03, 2011, 10:08:17 AM »

:cannon: :rotflmao:

Offline wally_games

• Arena
« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2011, 12:45:17 PM »
Is there a US distributor for the Motax deflectors? Or, an English website?

Do they only come with the GTR logo? I'd love a plain dark tint set with no graphics.
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold

Offline PH14

« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2011, 04:16:08 PM »

Do they only come with the GTR logo? I'd love a plain dark tint set with no graphics.

I don't know of a US distributor. It isn't difficult to navigate their site though and they accept payment through Paypal so the process is relatively painless.

For the 07-09 deflectors they only have the ones with the logo. It seems as if the 10-11 deflectors are logo free. I personally like the logo but that's a personal opinion.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2011, 04:46:51 PM »

No US distributor or English site. For our group order we went through an importer. http://www.streetfightersbydesign.com/

You'll have to use one of the translating programs on Motax's website, no problem.

As for the logo, it's cut into the metal bracket but only on the '08/'09 models.

Offline wally_games

• Arena
« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2011, 06:00:50 PM »
Thanks. I see some of those in my future.  ;D
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2011, 06:42:46 PM »

You could buy them this way too WG if it makes you more comfortable...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Deflecteur-Kawasaki-1400-GTR-10-11-fume-noir-/220842238695?pt=FR_JG_Moto_Tuning&hash=item336b3922e7

Offline Conrad

« Reply #96 on: December 05, 2011, 04:37:58 AM »
I don't know if you guys are aware of it or not but one of our members at this site (Flathead http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?action=profile;u=96) is making one piece deflectors of this type and I'm sure that he'd be more than happy to sell you a set.

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #97 on: December 05, 2011, 11:10:42 AM »
I don't know if you guys are aware of it or not but one of our members at this site (Flathead http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?action=profile;u=96) is making one piece deflectors of this type and I'm sure that he'd be more than happy to sell you a set.

wish they were available for the 2009 though...........

Flathead

« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2011, 02:51:24 PM »

Thanks Conrad...
Another member on the forum has offered to play guinea pig with an '08-09. Problem right now is the weather, snowed again last night and a high of 7° today. I'll post up when we have success!

Bill

Offline basmntdweller

• The Profile Brotherhood
« Reply #99 on: December 05, 2011, 07:48:52 PM »
Thanks Conrad...
Another member on the forum has offered to play guinea pig with an '08-09. Problem right now is the weather, snowed again last night and a high of 7° today. I'll post up when we have success!

Bill

I saw your original thread and DLed your pattern for the '10-11s. I have an '09 and figured your pattern would be a good place to start modifying to fit my'09. I won't say it can't be done, but it is gonna be real tight around the bend and the top bolt in order to stay behind the windscreen. I can see why the other mfgs use a bracket and mount the lexan to it. I may have a bit more time tomorrow to get a little better fitment of my pattern before cutting the 1/8" lexan sheet I have handy.
Do you use heat or anything to bend the lexan? It is gonna take a really sharp bend to clear.

Matt
'09 C14
'98 DR-350
'11 Suzuki C50T wife's ride since she hates my Connie
'03 Honda CBR600RR track bike