Author Topic: Friday Night beer report! Join me.  (Read 8934 times)

Offline Gsun

Re: Friday Night beer report! Join me.
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2011, 07:36:25 PM »
Pliny the Elder. Great beer from the Russian River Valley, CA. Hint of pine.

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2011, 08:30:13 PM »
Can I join if I don't run? I can drink pretty good.

Yes, but we much prefer the non-running members to be female and good looking.

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2011, 11:20:52 PM »
mmmm Fat Tire..mmmmmm
see if your dealer has Ranger from New belgium also.....super priced IPA!!!mega hoppy.

as for my sipper's last night it was Flying Dog Double Dog, double IPA (11.5% @ 85 IBU) and a couple  Dale's Pale Ale from Oskar Blues.....mmmmmmm  If you can find Oskar's "Gubna", you can experience the best beer ever placed in a can, unbelievable.....mmmmmmmmmmm  but expensive..... 8)

You gotta git out here dood! I just pulled a few suds from the fridge, and a couple of glasses from the cupboard ...

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2011, 05:35:03 AM »
I wasn't aware that coors still existed?

Yes, it does and tastes like beer which is why I like it.  I don't like beer that doesn't taste like beer.  I don't like odd flavors.  I don't like the micro-breweries and their twists.  I guess I'm just simple.  My wife tells me that all the time.  I might be convinced to like other beers.  I do like Guinness but that's not 'beer' as I define it.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2011, 06:02:40 AM »
mmmm Fat Tire..mmmmmm
see if your dealer has Ranger from New belgium also.....super priced IPA!!!mega hoppy.

as for my sipper's last night it was Flying Dog Double Dog, double IPA (11.5% @ 85 IBU) and a couple  Dale's Pale Ale from Oskar Blues.....mmmmmmm   If you can find Oskar's "Gubna", you can experience the best beer ever placed in a can, unbelievable.....mmmmmmmmmmm  but expensive..... 8)

:thumbs:

:chugbeer:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2011, 09:22:54 AM »
Anything from Oskar Blues is great... 4 pack's of pure hoppiness bliss...

In da fridge...

Breckenridge Brewery, 471 Small Batch Double Hopped IPA... double yummy yummy!
Steelhead Brewery, Double IPA... double yummy!
Boulevard Brewery, Single Wide IPA... yummy!

Oh... almost forgot the single sitting in there...

Stone Brewery, IPA... yummy as well!

I think this should hold me over this afternoon while I change the innertubes on the Munchkin's mountain bike.  :o

Hop's... why, yes!  8)
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline okxd45

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2011, 09:37:38 AM »
Yes, it does and tastes like beer which is why I like it.  I don't like beer that doesn't taste like beer.  I don't like odd flavors.  I don't like the micro-breweries and their twists.  I guess I'm just simple.  My wife tells me that all the time.  I might be convinced to like other beers.  I do like Guinness but that's not 'beer' as I define it.

You are an adjunct beer man.  Keeping it simple.......corn and rice......... :pukeface:

Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline okxd45

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2011, 09:44:04 AM »
Anything from Oskar Blues is great... 4 pack's of pure hoppiness bliss...

In da fridge...

Breckenridge Brewery, 471 Small Batch Double Hopped IPA... double yummy yummy!
Steelhead Brewery, Double IPA... double yummy!
Boulevard Brewery, Single Wide IPA... yummy!

Oh... almost forgot the single sitting in there...

Stone Brewery, IPA... yummy as well!

I think this should hold me over this afternoon while I change the innertubes on the Munchkin's mountain bike.  :o

Hop's... why, yes!  8)

Can't wait to move to PA!  Not a very good selection of beers in OK!  Boulevard is the only one of those I've seen around here........and it was just their wheat beer.  I too appreciate the hops!
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2011, 09:55:10 AM »
You are an adjunct beer man.  Keeping it simple.......corn and rice......... :pukeface:

Must be it...I like moonshine and Saki as well.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline okxd45

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2011, 10:14:53 AM »
Must be it...I like moonshine and Saki as well.

Moonshine......got some friends in them there mountains of Virginia?  ;D

Back in my younger days, my friend's dad was a scientist and had pure laboratory alcohol in one of those big brown glass jugs.  That was an experience!  Does that count as moonshine?
Jeff

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2011, 10:20:11 AM »
Moonshine......got some friends in them there mountains of Virginia?  ;D

Back in my younger days, my friend's dad was a scientist and had pure laboratory alcohol in one of those big brown glass jugs.  That was an experience!  Does that count as moonshine?

Sorry, no.

Offline okxd45

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2011, 10:23:19 AM »
Darn it.
Jeff

Offline Timalan

• www.thismotorcyclelife.net
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2011, 12:54:45 PM »
Can't wait to move to PA!  Not a very good selection of beers in OK!  Boulevard is the only one of those I've seen around here........and it was just their wheat beer.  I too appreciate the hops!
I'm in Tulsa and we have a few good stores with great selections. But Oklahoma has weird laws and we plain can't get things that don't come from the only 3 distribution places allowed by the state? At least that is how I heard it... Where are you?

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2011, 01:10:46 PM »
Yes, it does and tastes like beer which is why I like it.  I don't like beer that doesn't taste like beer.  I don't like odd flavors, LIKE HOPS.  I don't like the micro-breweries and their twists AT CREATING TRUE REPRESENTATIONS OF HISTORIC RECIPES, or inventing even better style specific brews with water, barley, and hops, in various combinations.  I guess I'm just simple.  My wife tells me that all the time.  I might be convinced to like REAL beers.  I do like Guinness but that's not 'beer' as I define it.
fixed that for you Jim..... ;)
HMMMMM, last time I judged BEER at a brewing competition, there were 23 different "styles" of BEER, and if you add Mead, and cider's, which are still classed as "brewed" the list tops at 28 styles, with each style containing up to a dozen "sub-catagories".......(if added up total 80 subs)
Stout is BEER. Coors, is beer also, albeit one specific type, tailored to mass production, and consumer priced sales.....

Beer is beer.
Coors comes under style 1A-lite american lager......open your palate bro, 22 more styles left to sample, and 79 more sub catagories......... 8)
Just some BEER is actually made to a specific "parameter", which can be judged and defined as fitting it's style, and HISTORIC recipe.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

valkmc

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2011, 03:14:36 PM »
Just drank my last Alaskan Amber, brought it home from Alaska to Florida on the C-14. Great beer!!

Offline okxd45

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2011, 03:53:32 PM »
HMMMMM, last time I judged BEER at a brewing competition, there were 23 different "styles" of BEER, and if you add Mead, and cider's, which are still classed as "brewed" the list tops at 28 styles, with each style containing up to a dozen "sub-catagories".......(if added up total 80 subs)
Stout is BEER. Coors, is beer also, albeit one specific type, tailored to mass production, and consumer priced sales.....

Beer is beer.
Coors comes under style 1A-lite american lager......open your palate bro, 22 more styles left to sample, and 79 more sub catagories......... 8)
Just some BEER is actually made to a specific "parameter", which can be judged and defined as fitting it's style, and HISTORIC recipe.

:goodpost:
Jeff

Offline okxd45

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2011, 03:58:23 PM »
I'm in Tulsa and we have a few good stores with great selections. But Oklahoma has weird laws and we plain can't get things that don't come from the only 3 distribution places allowed by the state? At least that is how I heard it... Where are you?
I'm in SW OK around Lawton. And yes the weird laws keep it kinda limited.  There is good beer to be had, but just a limited selection.
Jeff

Offline Glenn

• 2011 Concours14, 1984 KZ1100R, 2008 KLR685
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2011, 04:24:45 PM »
Great thread! Looks like there are several IPA freaks here! I'm one for sure, here are a few of my 'easy to get' favourite ones in my area. (Victoria, BC)

"Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence."

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2011, 06:32:59 PM »

Beer is beer.

You made my brane hurt....   :banghead:

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2011, 07:04:39 PM »
Being on a budget, I have to choose wisely. JW Dundee's Honey Brown is the least expensive darker beer here. $5.99/6. They've been reintroducing some beers from the 60's lately using the original recipes, pilsners, not bad on a hot day after cutting the grass, but not for sipping.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50