Author Topic: WTB: Ohlins shock and forks  (Read 1468 times)

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
WTB: Ohlins shock and forks
« on: October 24, 2011, 06:09:48 PM »
If you know of a deal or have any info on discounts for their stuff I would love to hear about it.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
Re: WTB: Ohlins shock and forks
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 08:43:08 AM »
I just got off the phone with Matt at Ohlins and he was great to deal with.  Two weeks is generally their turn around time and I can get my forks rebuilt with new springs, valves, and seals for around $600.  They said it would be the first C14 forks they have done so he couldn't tell me exactly what to expect but for the money I think I will go ahead and do it along with the rear shock.  I just need to time everything right so I can be working on everything else (lowside damage) while my forks are gone.  Ballpark for everything is right under $2000.  That is a lot of money for a guy like me but I think it will be worth it.

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 09:43:35 AM »
I dont have a lot of experience with high end streetbike suspension, but going to  a Penske shock on my sv 650 made a difference that was tough to believe.  It was THAT good.  I was quoted 788.00 for  a Penske  shock (double) for my c14 but have not bought it yet.

One feature it has is adjustable length.  The ability to add or subtract a few mm from shock length, without changing preload, is a great feature to have.  You can really fine tune the handling of the bike by using this.  I'm sure Ohlins has this as well.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 10:20:05 AM »
I will check into the Penske, that is a large price difference. I figured it would be within a couple hundred dollars of the Ohlins.  Can you post a link or phone number to where you got that quote?