Author Topic: Its a Great Ride.  (Read 2721 times)

Offline Shadowofshoe

• Arena
  • Mastiff pup/human pup
Its a Great Ride.
« on: September 18, 2011, 02:50:33 PM »

I've put about 5000 m. on her and its funny.......just today I'm thinking "what a joy to ride running errands". Not that I haven't realized it before but for as big as it is ; it has great low speed manners and goes right where you want it to go w/out drama.
     And you can wick it up and get high-speed manners!!

What fun-

Mike
Sooooo....we are about to be a Nation that makes you prove you have insurance-but it's not necessary to prove that you are indeed a Citizen of that Nation?

Offline Khrome

Re: Its a Great Ride.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 03:30:59 PM »
Absolutely.

Havn't had mine long but really enjoying it.
Khrome 2011 C14...09 Kaw Voyager...08 Yam WR250X...07 Yam FJR...06 Suz M109...04 Yam RoadStar...03 Kaw ZZR 1200... 02Kaw ZRX1200...01 KTM LC4...00 Kaw KLR 650...99 Kaw C10...98 Kaw ZRX 1100...94 Kaw Zephyr 750...85 Kaw 454LTD...79 Honda XL250S

Offline DenverC-14

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 03:36:48 PM »
27k miles and counting, no issues, and I can keep up with just about anyone. Plus, as an added bonus, when I jump on a smaller bike, it feels like a scooter, and really easy to handle.

Offline Bourne2Ride

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 09:36:29 PM »
I just put 700 miles on mine this weekend going to the Delmarva Bike Rally in Ocean City, MD (putting me over 7K miles since March). She handled like a dream. I was very comfortable even in the rain at night. I was able to easily keep up with my brothers tweaked Suzuki M109R (1700cc), and a friends modified Star Raider (1900cc). Actually both riders indicated how quickly the Connie comes up on them when I was following or how quickly I left them when I was in the lead. I also got the best gas mileage of the group getting a high of 43.7 MPG. I got over 250 miles on one tank - stopping once to the Raider's two stops (man those big V-Twin's can drink fuel). All in all, they both envied my ride  ;D.

During the weekend, I was the one who carried all the swag we picked up at the vendors. I called the Concours my man purse  8). Because of me their wallets were a little lighter as they wouldn't have purchased nearly as much stuff if I wasn't there with my hard bags.
Save the Connie and Save the world!
- Heroes

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 09:44:41 PM »
Agreed- it IS a great ride. Mine is over four years old and has more than 73K miles on it and I think I like it now more than the first week I had it. A fantastic bike; strong, rigid, fairly long (for two- up room), handles great at any speed and in any normal (and some abnormal) situations. I spent two days and two nights on the back of this bike crossing the country and I cannot imagine a mount I would rather have had with me.

I am sure there are many good and quite a few excellent bikes out there but this one suits me just perfectly. Once farkled to suit the rider's taste, it is a fantastic ride. In the next few days we (my wife and I) will be going to the Fall rally at Lake George; I am looking forward to both the rally and also the ride itself. Terrific motorcycle in my opinion. I think Kawasaki banged one over the wall with the C-14.

Brian

I've put about 5000 m. on her and its funny.......just today I'm thinking "what a joy to ride running errands". Not that I haven't realized it before but for as big as it is ; it has great low speed manners and goes right where you want it to go w/out drama.
     And you can wick it up and get high-speed manners!!

What fun-

Mike
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 04:44:13 AM »
Yep. More smiles per mile than any bike I've owned.
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 06:24:27 AM »
Agree with all, may I also note the the mad pow-ah of KiPass
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 07:58:21 AM »
As I was loading two bags of groceries into the side bags, and had already put a 12 pack and two bottles of wine into the trunk, a guy pulls in next to me with his Suburban.  He gets out and says, "your grocery getter is a lot more fun than mine!"  I just smiled and said, "Ya think?"

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 08:06:19 AM »
As I was loading two bags of groceries into the side bags, and had already put a 12 pack and two bottles of wine into the trunk, a guy pulls in next to me with his Suburban.  He gets out and says, "your grocery getter is a lot more fun than mine!"  I just smiled and said, "Ya think?"

I had almost the same thing happen except the guy was driving a Honda Oddyssey.  I just shrugged and said "I don't have A/C or a dvd player."  He laughed and I think he turned around and cried a little.  ;D
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.