Author Topic: 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS For Sale in Houston, Texas - SOLD  (Read 4473 times)

Offline HouTexC14

2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS For Sale in Houston, Texas - SOLD
« on: November 17, 2013, 03:32:39 PM »
http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2010-Kawasaki-Concours-14-ABS-107273140

Use this link to go to ad on Cycletrader with 14 pictures.  The bike is currently on consignment at Team Mancuso Powersports Southwest for $8,499 firm which is a dynamite deal and well below market value.  I bought a different sport touring bike from them last January and they have had it since then with no luck--I just had them reduce the price to this ridiculously low level because I just want to move it.  It has 24,000 adult ridden miles (about half on three 4,000 mile trips to the Rockies and Smokies).  Never dropped and no scratches--has always had Tankslapper protection on back of tank and sides of farings and always garaged and waxed/detailed regularly.  Sargent seat, Muzzy stainless steel exhaust, Techmount triple clamp gadget mount, Powerlet outlet in top right faring panel, heavy Throttlemeister bar ends, and good tires.  All service records available (always dealer serviced) and has the Kawasaki GTPP extended warranty until 12/11/15.  No surprises here--this is a great deal for someone looking for an exceptional used Connie. 
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 04:45:06 PM by HouTexC14 »

Offline Reddogger

Re: 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS For Sale in Houston, Texas
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 02:45:01 PM »
I've got a 08 I'd trade but I'm in Colorado.  I wonder if they could evaluate a trade long distance?  For the right deal I'd do a ride and ride.  Maybe I'll drop them a e-mail.   
"...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."                     

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline HouTexC14

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 04:42:40 PM »
Bump.

I can't believe that no one in the Houston area is jumping on this great deal--the bike is like new and a steal at $8,499 and still has 2 years left on the extended warranty.  My dealer that has it on consignment tells me that all of their Concours 14's, new and used, are selling poorly.  I wonder why?  I thoroughly enjoyed the bike.  Is the motorcycle business just really bad right now?  I've never had this much trouble selling a bike before.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 11:33:27 PM »
Bump.

I can't believe that no one in the Houston area is jumping on this great deal--the bike is like new and a steal at $8,499 and still has 2 years left on the extended warranty.  My dealer that has it on consignment tells me that all of their Concours 14's, new and used, are selling poorly.  I wonder why?  I thoroughly enjoyed the bike.  Is the motorcycle business just really bad right now?  I've never had this much trouble selling a bike before.

Wrong time of year to sell, great time of year to buy though, good luck with the sell, it's nicely priced.  :chugbeer:

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 08:54:14 AM »
I didn't think that there was a wrong time of year in Texas.
Joel from Maine.

Offline HouTexC14

Re: 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS For Sale in Houston, Texas - SOLD!
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 06:19:17 AM »
Sold.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 08:07:56 AM »
congrats on the sell
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline BruceR

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2013, 08:21:01 AM »
I *think* I know who bought this bike.  Do you happen to know the guy's name?  An old Marine buddy of mine posted recently on his FB page that he traded a Harley for a blue C14 with Muzzy exhaust.  He lives in Houston.

Offline HouTexC14

Re: 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS For Sale in Houston, Texas - SOLD
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2013, 04:49:49 PM »
I don't know who bought it, but I was told by my dealer that there was no trade involved.  They got a great bike for a great price.

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2013, 07:05:23 AM »
Congrats on the sale.  What are you moving on to?

Now that it is sold, I will comment on your original post.  Adult ridden miles?  What is that supposed to mean?  From the posts I have read on this forum I am assuming everyone who owns a Concours is an adult, but that has no bearing on the way they ride their bikes.  LOL!  I guess you meant to say 'mature' 'conservative' rider?  ;)
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline HouTexC14

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2013, 03:19:58 PM »
Congrats on the sale.  What are you moving on to?

Now that it is sold, I will comment on your original post.  Adult ridden miles?  What is that supposed to mean?  From the posts I have read on this forum I am assuming everyone who owns a Concours is an adult, but that has no bearing on the way they ride their bikes.  LOL!  I guess you meant to say 'mature' 'conservative' rider?  ;)

I bought a '13 FJR1300 last January and that is when I gave the Connie to the dealer on consignment.  I had an '03 FJR and really liked it (except for the horrible heat issue that got corrected on the Gen II's in '06) and have been wanting another one ever since but Yamaha did not step up with any significant changes or improvements until the '13 model, especially traction control, drive modes, and cruise control.  I really enjoyed the Connie but I wanted to get back to a little smaller and sportier ST ride.

I have always stated "adult ridden" when I advertise bikes to let a prospective buyer know that it wasn't abused by some young squid.  Most people get the message or just ignore it.  To your point, it isn't really as applicable to a Concours 14.