Author Topic: Mirror bracket replacement  (Read 1216 times)

Offline robertv

• 2008 C14 Silver
Mirror bracket replacement
« on: May 20, 2022, 07:00:45 PM »
Hi folks,

Trying to replace my mirror bracket and in the process need to remove the windshield motor mechanism. Windshield motor works fine and I don't need to disassemble that far as seen (and the only video close to what I need to do or show it terms of disassembly)  =>  https://youtu.be/n0zK9axWuzc

YT video sort of shows most of it except when he's under the headlights and removing something which is the key and holding the windshield mechanism/motor in place.

Any ideas on what is holding this in place? I'm so close.... if anyone else has replaced the mirror bracket any tips would be appreciated.

Offline cmoore

Re: Mirror bracket replacement
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2022, 04:50:35 AM »
There is one last 10 mm bolt under there that you need to remove. If you look at an exploded view of the area on line you will see it. Kind of hard to get to but doable. 
2010 C14
Dallas, Texas

Offline robertv

• 2008 C14 Silver
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2022, 09:42:34 AM »
Thanks. Going to tackle it this afternoon and hopefully get it all changed out.

Offline robertv

• 2008 C14 Silver
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2022, 08:15:11 AM »
Just closing on this thread. @cmoore-- You're correct, it was the the last 10mm bolt behind/underneath holding the windshield assembly. I was able to remove it by turning the handlebars to the left then getting to the bolt from the handlebars. Initially thought it was removable from underneath near the headlights but hand plus tool was not small enough to get it at a tight angle.

Offline cmoore

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2022, 05:24:48 AM »
Thanks for posting up the results. I'm glad it all worked out. I had to replace my mirror bracket after a get off in some gravel in Oklahoma. Ride safe.
2010 C14
Dallas, Texas